Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who is still building worlds?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    After a long hiatus, I am back to building worlds again. :)

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    Cool @ts1depot! Glad you're back!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Can't really build properly in my Sims 3, it's just not like Sims 4. :'( However, I can color & decorate alot in my Sims 3. :p
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    I have not been here in quite a while, but yes, I am still making worlds. I am currently working on four worlds with one nearing completion. Should be ready by the end of this month. (March).
  • Options
    Thankfully there’s a way keep using Origin, otherwise we might all have to stop creating worlds
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Well EA just killed Origin, so I had to go back to playing the Sims 3 the old fashioned way with the CDs in order to use Create A World. If you guys are able to download the CD version of Create A World, and you have the old Sims 3 CDs, do it while you still can. We had trouble downloading it for some reason and EA has very little motive to keep those links active, so if you guys are thinking about doing what I just did, get your hands on that version while you still can without having to go through too many hoops and back it up in multiple places.
    Post edited by Damienf519 on
  • Options
    I just took a look at CAW and it loads up just fine for me. I am upgraded to the new EA launcher too.
  • Options
    @Docsprock You got Edit in Game to work with the EA App!?
  • Options
    Ah, no, I did not go that far for the test. EiG is hosed? Now I'm P.O.ed.
  • Options
    @Docsprock,
    From everything I've heard, EIG doesn't work with the EA app. The only way I was able to get to work was to uninstall the Sims 3 and reinstall it with the discs and use the version of CAW designed to work with the CD version of the Sims 3. I do not even have the EA App installed on my machine, and I never intend to install it
  • Options
    Oh that is so crap. I just tried it and it does not work. I do have all my discs around in a box somewhere, but what a hassle. I'll probably just upload my last world and leave the other half done ones in my imagination.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited March 2023
    @Docsprock Please don't give up!!! 🙏 We need more of us, and you are actually in a better position than most! I actually had to go the more expensive route (of chasing down old copies off eBay, since half of my install was digital download). I had to, because I had spent so much time on a bunch of WIPs that I had to postpone because of a family passing.

Another thing: I switched over to all discs myself last week and the thing I noticed is that for the first time ever, CAW, EIG and the game loaded super fast, like in the blink of an eye. I think it's because Origin was so bloated that it was completely bogging down the game in resources. If you reinstall everything by disc, trust me--things will load so fast and make worldbuilding so quick you'll be happy you went through all the hassle. This entire stupid, infuriating (and expensive) debacle actually wound up being a blessing in disguise because everything loads so quickly now. (I'm still pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off about all this, so don't anyone get any ideas.)

My words of advice: pace the installation out for as long as you need (like a few days or even a week), or if you have a very boring rainy Saturday with no place to go or nothing to do, grab some coffee, turn up your favorite music or podcast and install. It's not as bad as all that. I promise you. And remember--you only have to do it one time.

If you go ahead and do it, make sure to do it this way:

1. Install base game, but do not install EADM or Origin.
    2. Install Super Patch 1.67.
    3. Install in however order you like, but make sure to never, ever click the "update to Origin or EADM" prompt.
    4. Choose 1.67 version of CAW.

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited March 2023
    I was (in response to the thread title). I spent quite a long time making a town that would be the capitol of my fictional kingdom where the sims live... but that has to be completely scrapped now that "Edit in game" no longer works, as well as other future ideas I have/might have had...

This is annoying. This is crap.. this isn't a "Challenge Everything". This is a stifling of creativity.... The only thing I have on disc is the base game, so I can't just install things on disk.

I'm not a hardcore gamer. Once Sims 3 becomes unplayable, I won't be buying any later version such as Sims 5 or whatever comes after, and I probably won't be buying any more EA titles....
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I was (in response to the thread title). I spent quite a long time making a town that would be the capitol of my fictional kingdom where the sims live... but that has to be completely scrapped now that "Edit in game" no longer works, as well as other future ideas I have/might have had...

This is annoying. This is crap.. this isn't a "Challenge Everything". This is a stifling of creativity.... The only thing I have on disc is the base game, so I can't just install things on disk.

I'm not a hardcore gamer. Once Sims 3 becomes unplayable, I won't be buying any later version such as Sims 5 or whatever comes after, and I probably won't be buying any more EA titles....

Sorry to hear that @Sprottenham. It’s really upsetting that EA decided to fix something that wasn’t broken and broke a bunch of other things in the process instead of fixing something that was actually broken. I’m able to still use CAW but only because I happened to have the original Sims 3 CDs, so I was able to use the other version of CAW. Not everyone is as lucky as I was, unfortunately. I still hope that EA or some modder is able to make CAW work with the EA App, but don’t count on it
  • Options
    wineland88Pwineland88P Posts: 599 Member
    I want to build worlds but the EA app won't let me use EIG and I do not have the physical copy of the game anymore. Just the one on EA app. It's a bummer. CAW works but the tool is useless if I cannot use EIG.
  • Options
    Yeah, I will dig out my disks. Probably take a while to find them all.
  • Options
    @Docsprock
    Hopefully they still work. I'm still angry at EA for ending Origin.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @Docsprock

Hi,
    I thought you got yours working. :(
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    @Docsprock

Hi,
    I thought you got yours working. :(

I did, thankfully. I even uploaded another world to be play tested recently, in case you didn't notice. Sorry for confusing you. I was talking to @Docsprock about her old Sims 3 CDs.

Thanks for your concern through.

• Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    So that is what everyone is doing if they want to want to continue to use CAW! Unfortinate for me, I moved almost 2 years ago and my CD's are all packed up in a box somewhere ?? I guess I'll have to start digging in my closets. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    So that is what everyone is doing if they want to want to continue to use CAW! Unfortunate for me, I moved almost 2 years ago and my CD's are all packed up in a box somewhere ?? I guess I'll have to start digging in my closets. Wish me luck!

I hope that you'll find them. Worst case scenario you might be able to try creating a saved game file. Problem with that is you'll have to recreate it for every single version of the map and that's even assuming that you don't make changes to the map that makes it so it won't load properly anymore and you don't know why because you can't use the "edit in game." I wish EA hadn't gotten rid of Origin. I feel bad for people who only had the digital version of the Sims 3, especially if they were working with create a world, and had done a lot work creating a world only to have abandon it, because there was something about it, that made it borderline unplayable, but they couldn't fix and share it with anyone, or even play with it themselves, because EA made it so EIG would no longer work

Post edited by Damienf519 on
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

Alryne Valley beta 1.2 was released on Mediafire on 8/3/23.

There is still a Jinx - Raven Shadow rabbit hole door inside the lobby for the science facility. If you do not have the rabbit holes, this lot can be replaced with the Landgraab Industries Science Facility from Sunset Valley.

I "replanted" some floating trees along the coast and repainted an area next to the dead-end road in the northwest as non-routable because Sims were getting stuck there. It was already painted, so I removed the paint and redid it. I hope this resolves the issue.
  • Options
    Oh by the way, somewhat off topic, but for those who still haven't heard, it appears that Create A World's "Edit In Game" is working with the EA App now. https://www.tumblr.com/damienf519/724840433017061376/create-a-world-now-with-the-ea-app-im-stunned?source=share

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top