Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together How do infants learn to crawl?

In the initial update it seemed to me that my infant would just crawl. Now with the new pack my little guy can't reach things across the room. Do they need to do something special to reach the milestone?

Comments

• Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    Mine haven’t got there yet either but I think it’s just lots of tummy time and then they’ll start moving gradually.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    From my understanding of watching others on YT and Twitch is has to do with milestones. Like Lilia said... spam tummy time to get milestones. Sometimes my infant would naturally learn things from being left on a mat or in the crib but you need to use tummy time to eventually learn things like crawling.

BG infants without the pack don't have milestones so they can already do all of these things.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    Thanks for the responses. It looks like you're right. I've just got to where Braden can do tummy time on his own so that will also help.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Tummy time the first time is hysterical
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    KatsKats wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses. It looks like you're right. I've just got to where Braden can do tummy time on his own so that will also help.

After that they push themselves on to all fours, then you practice sitting up with them, then practice standing. They shuffle around first. Once they can sit, they can go on high chair and try out food. My first one hates apple sauce but her twin sister loved it.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2023
    tummy time lots and lots of tummy time also after lots of tummy time you start getting different specific things in friendly interactions -> activities like learning sitting or standing up or whatnot

with the playmat your infant can learn grabbing things and such

and i think some social options were also unlocked with it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    lots of tummy time and lots of patience ... and lots of trying not to giggle while even the calmest infant has a tantrum over tummy time with their little fists balled up, their little legs kicking, and tears flying everywhere
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    When the update came out, my infant could crawl straight away. When I got GT, I then realised it was ALOT of tummy time! Aging off for this part as it takes such a long time lol.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties