Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infant Patch and Growing Together Questions

Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
A few things I've been wondering that I haven't seen addressed elsewhere:

(1) When your child loses a tooth (at least if they rip it out?), they get a tooth gap. How long does the tooth gap last? A set number of days, or until they age up? If you have aging turned off, will your children eventually be completely toothless? :D

(2) If you have the Simple Living Challenge turned on, you can no longer access Quick Meals from the fridge, but if I recall correctly, I believe you can still feed toddlers on the high chair. (E.g., you can't get chicken nuggets by clicking on the fridge or microwave, but if you have a toddler, you can put them in the highchair and click on that to give them chicken nuggets). Will this work similarly for the new infant foods, or will you have to turn off Simple Living to feed the new infant foods?

(3) Do infant foods have a cost? If so, if there are related harvestables, do they reduce the cost? (E.g., bananas, carrots, lemons, avocado.)

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    (3) Do infant foods have a cost? If so, if there are related harvestables, do they reduce the cost? (E.g., bananas, carrots, lemons, avocado.)

Did they ever mention that we can make baby food? Would have been lovely if they had given us a baby food steamer and blender.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Did they ever mention that we can make baby food? Would have been lovely if they had given us a baby food steamer and blender.

I didn't see anything like that. I think you just click on the high chair (or maybe directly on the infant while it's in the high chair), and the menu pops up, which makes it seem more like a quick meal/toddler meal, rather than something you cook.
  • Options

I didn't see anything like that. I think you just click on the high chair (or maybe directly on the infant while it's in the high chair), and the menu pops up, which makes it seem more like a quick meal/toddler meal, rather than something you cook.

I thought so too. Would have been lovely to be able to cook it ourselves. I never feed my toddlers those high chair foods.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    will infants still get milestones when they in the new expansion. if you played them already?
  • Options
    GoseGose Posts: 40 Member
    I am sooo curious if they are planning to introduce inheritance soon. This family theme pack seems like the perfect opportunity.

But if they were, it would probably come with the free update, so maybe not.

I always get stuck too many generations in one house because I don’t want to move the kids out and loose the hard earned fortune when the parents die…
    Sign.jpg
    I build things.
    Gallery ID: skustadmoe
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited March 2023
    bandit5 wrote: »
    will infants still get milestones when they in the new expansion. if you played them already?

That's a good question. Without the pack my infants can crawl. I am curious to see if they will remember how to crawl when the pack comes out. If I understand correctly infants that start with the pack installed will have to learn crawling. I am only playing in a temporary safe just to be on the safe side when the pack arrives.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 2023

I thought so too. Would have been lovely to be able to cook it ourselves. I never feed my toddlers those high chair foods.

tbh i quite like its just highchair since you do need one to feed infant anyway and i am sure if it worked like toddler foods where you can just throw them plates of anything that resembles food on the floor i would have kept doing that :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    tbh i quite like its just highchair since you do need one to feed infant anyway and i am sure if it worked like toddler foods where you can just throw them plates of anything that resembles food on the floor i would have kept doing that :lol:

Haha I got a good laugh over this. Like throwing a frisbee. 😄
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2023
    Atreya33 wrote: »

That's a good question. Without the pack my infants can crawl. I am curious to see if they will remember how to crawl when the pack comes out. If I understand correctly infants that start with the pack installed will have to learn crawling. I am only playing in a temporary safe just to be on the safe side when the pack arrives.

Yea I remember in some stream or video, you had to teach infants how to sit up so they could be put in the high chair. But when I played infants briefly a couple of days ago, I could instantly put them in there. I'm also curious if the learned skill will be reverted when the pack is installed or stay like it is.
  • Options

I don't throw food on the floor. :lol: I merely leave out the platter of food on the counter or table and they help themselves. I am curious to see how well the highchairs function now, with several adult sims in the house, especially since in the livestream they played with autonomy off and that to me was a big alarm sign.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member

I don't throw food on the floor. :lol: I merely leave out the platter of food on the counter or table and they help themselves. I am curious to see how well the highchairs function now, with several adult sims in the house, especially since in the livestream they played with autonomy off and that to me was a big alarm sign.

I haven’t tried with a toddler yet, but I had good luck using one with an infant. I tested with one infant and two parents on full autonomy. The baby was hungry and her dad was able to feed her just fine, mom wandered off to play video games lol.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited March 2023
    Gose wrote: »
    I am sooo curious if they are planning to introduce inheritance soon. This family theme pack seems like the perfect opportunity.

But if they were, it would probably come with the free update, so maybe not.

I always get stuck too many generations in one house because I don’t want to move the kids out and loose the hard earned fortune when the parents die…

The game lets you transfer funds when moving sims out. Just transfer most of the money to the kids. Or put the money in a vault (community lot, like a bank,) and leave the door open. The kids should be able to access the money after the parents die.

The vault trick might also work if it remains on the parent's lot, but I'm not sure.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    Looks like my prepack infants got their milestones.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Played one day, very successfully, but was wondering why my married couple's compatibility puzzle pieces didn't show up.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Did anyone check yet whether it is possible to have your infant in the carrier while skiing or snowboarding in Mt. Komorebi? ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member

They just auto learnt everything if you played with the patch?
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I haven't downloaded the infant patch yet because I have heard about bugs such as stretching infants, infant food preferences resetting, parents having to be introduced to their infants, the excursion in Mt.Komerobi being broken, and most worrying of all, a bug that means you literally cannot get your Sim to complete any task. They just freeze. The report on the bug forum seems to link it to the Laundry Day pack, which I own.

Is anybody having major issues with the patch and the EP? What bugs are people experiencing? I am trying to work out whether or not to get the new content yet.
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    I haven't downloaded the infant patch yet because I have heard about bugs such as stretching infants, infant food preferences resetting, parents having to be introduced to their infants, the excursion in Mt.Komerobi being broken, and most worrying of all, a bug that means you literally cannot get your Sim to complete any task. They just freeze. The report on the bug forum seems to link it to the Laundry Day pack, which I own.

Is anybody having major issues with the patch and the EP? What bugs are people experiencing? I am trying to work out whether or not to get the new content yet.

I haven't experienced any of the bugs you mentioned and I have Laundry Day installed and use the items from it in my current save. I played with just the patch before the pack came out and didn't experience any of those bugs either.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    SimMommy05 wrote: »

I haven't experienced any of the bugs you mentioned and I have Laundry Day installed and use the items from it in my current save. I played with just the patch before the pack came out and didn't experience any of those bugs either.

@SimMommy05 Oh that's great to hear! Thanks.

Is anyone else experiencing any bugs?
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »

They just auto learnt everything if you played with the patch?

They don't learn everything. Mine picked up another 5 or 6 milestones after I got the pack.
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    @manicobsessive I had the bug where I had to introduce the infant to its mother, annoying and immersion breaking but it happened only once and the relationship wasn't broken it was just that the mum sim had limited interactions with the infant until they went through the Introduce to interaction, after that it was fine. I am playing with a couple mods installed too.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I didn't notice the Parenting skill from Parenthood making difference with infants but I could be wrong. Does anyone know?

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,174 Member
    edited March 2023
    My child lost a tooth , got the diploma for losing his frst tooth , then i was able to click on him and there was an option to replace the tooth which filled the gap again ,

Had that stress thing though with the mum from working too hard and took me forever to get rid of it and even had to let her have a day off work

Also the constant messages they have gained quirks soon becomes annoying as does the constant asking if i want to accept the other things , cannot remember offhand what they are called and also do i want my families to be strict with the toddlers every time i pick them up to take them to the potty or to help them gain their skills .

So much of this pack shows promises but seems like they put way too much in to make it play out how they think it should be played not how i want to play it

Had my child invite a friend over for a day to stay and it was cute to see her arrive with a small suitcase/backpack
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2023
    One thing I noticed, when you go to introduce a Sim to an infant, the introduce option never goes away or never leaves the pie menu. It's like you can introduce them again and again even if they already know them. That's odd.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Is the only new woohoo spot the tree house:grey_question: Just curious
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/