Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else is waiting to play Infants until they are able to get Growing Together?

I'll admit, I'm going to totally go into CAS after the big game update bringing Infants to Base Game and play around making some adorable infants! HOWEVER, I'm not going to actually PLAY any families with babies or infants until AFTER I've gotten Growing Together downloaded and installed!

I mean, with all the milestones and such that applies to Infants (As well as older Sims)...Well, to quote Aerosmith...

"I don't want to miss a thing!"

Comments

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Same! I started to create a poll about this yesterday, but I was too lazy/busy. :D

My guess is that i will probably buy the EP late next week, assuming early bug reports are not too scary, so that I can play next weekend. I'm going to try to finish any prep I want to do for the pack this weekend, and then not touch the game again until I've downloaded GT. Which works out fine for me; I don't usually have time to play during the week, anyway, and work may be particularly busy next week.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I still have to get my couple married. That will, hopefully, keep me occupied for the one day in between Infants and Growing Together is released. I will also take that day in between to add a mod or two, to test-drive them, so to speak. We'll see. I'm wary, considering I totally lost the established save I was going to use and had to, once again, restart. Then I got to the finish line too soon, and noticed some other stuff I bungled along the way. So since it was still early in February, I restarted for a second time. This is the save I'm currently playing. So, I have lots to keep me occupied before they bring Baby into the mix.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I'll admit, I'm going to totally go into CAS after the big game update bringing Infants to Base Game and play around making some adorable infants! HOWEVER, I'm not going to actually PLAY any families with babies or infants until AFTER I've gotten Growing Together downloaded and installed!

I mean, with all the milestones and such that applies to Infants (As well as older Sims)...Well, to quote Aerosmith...

"I don't want to miss a thing!
    "

By the way I love that song.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    I was actually thinking about doing the exact opposite. I wanted to play a few sim days or weeks with the infants before getting into growing together. I want to get to know them and know what is on base game before I dive into the extras. I like to know what depends on the pack and what is available for everyone.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I'm going to wait until I can play with the update and GT at the same time. And that means waiting until some critical mods are updated. As excited as I am about the new update and GT, I think I can wait for a few days to get the whole experience at once. In the meantime, I am going to work on playing matchmaker for a few YAs I am currently playing. This is a new save I just created after my other laptop died so I am basically starting over from scratch. I even created parents for these YAs because I want to experience the new role grandparents will have in their grandkid's lives.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I'm also can't wait for tomorrow.. I have so much stuff I want to do with the update..
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I will probably play tomorrow but just for fun on a new save.

The problem is I don’t know what happens to base game infants once I get the pack. Apparently the base game ones are finished versions of the pack ones who have to learn to crawl etc.

So maybe the infant will not get the full experience if started tomorrow and upgraded later.

• Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Do you know if we'll be able to create or modify babies in CAS following the update?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Future wrote: »
    Do you know if we'll be able to create or modify babies in CAS following the update?

Infants, not babies. Bur babies are being updated so we can choose a few different outfit options I believe (but not in cas).

I won't play infants until after I get the pack.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited March 2023
    I’m waiting, too. I’ll definitely check out everything coming in the update tomorrow, but I’d rather just wait the 2 extra days so that I can have everything in my builds & explore everything all at once. I’ll probably spend Wednesday catching up on all of the early access content, so that’ll give me something to do, lol.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I would prefer to wait, but I don't know when I will be able to get the pack, and I don't want to wait that long to continue playing at all.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I think I will wait. I'm more excited about other stuff than infants and I also just bought HSY, so I'll play families with older children until I have Growing Together :)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I was thinking I'll wait but I might need tester save so I'll just have one really
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I’m also going to wait to play my game until I get the expansion pack. In the meantime, I will add some new infant items to my sim’s nursery and create an infant in CAS just to see the new life stage and items coming to the base game. Speaking of, happy patch day everybody! :)
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I'm waiting for the update also... I'll be playing my Brandon Campbell's family... he as three kids and I'll be getting them to have one more so I can play with the babies.. that is coming with the update, then play with my Sage Wingate's family that as only one child... so his family will be growing..
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am waiting for the pack release too. I plan to decorate my townhouses using the new CAS/building stuff as I can. Really want to make a complete nursery for the new infants. Then I will add couples using some of the new features, so I can experience my game with everything this pack brings. But first I will be adding the water park items to my new park I built!
  • Options
    I'm waiting also.. My Brandon Campbell and his wife they have three kids right now but I'm wanting to add one more to the family so I'll be waiting for that... but I also have Sage Wingate's family who only has one child with his wife and needs more to be added. then there are all the singles sims walking around in the family that needs to get married.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Everything I have planned hinges on the outcome of today's update. I'd like to dive in and see what the update has to offer, but I am holding back and waiting for the pack. I want the full experience, not just part of it. I've been waiting for this pack for so long, a few more days won't be that difficult to take. But I need to see how GT gets along with the other packs, and how many mods break before I can enjoy playing infants.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I'm not waiting to patch if that's what you mean, but the baby won't be born in my game until I get Growing Together on Thursday. I plan on getting them wed sometime between today and tomorrow. And to think I thought I would have time on my hands. LOL Fear not, GalacticGal has struck. Oi!
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    bookwriter81bookwriter81 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm going to play around with a test family as I check out the new infant life stage. But, the real gameplay comes when the pack is released.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I'm going to play around with a test family as I check out the new infant life stage. But, the real gameplay comes when the pack is released.

Thats my plan too. I have a test couple all ready to start. I am kinda getting attached to them so may keep them on in their separate save. Its one I use for scenarios.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    That, and i'm also waiting for infant cc.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    i'm enjoying the infants vicariously until i get the pack. also i'm waiting until my vacation to buy it, so i have two weeks to wait. yet another reason to anticipate my vacation :lol:
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Well, Kerrigan doesn't wait! Baby incoming!!!

nkh8KQt.png
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I have the pack preordered, but I was too curious to wait for it to arrive to play with the Infants. The major reason for this is because I will be having minor surgery sometime in the next 3 weeks and I won't be able to play with them until after recovery (3 weeks). I created a new household save with a single Sim female and her son who is an infant in a starter home. I replaced one of the beds in the house with a crib. Hopefully I will get to explore the pack before I am not able to play for an extended period of time.