Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We can't play Sims 4 in offline mode anymore??? What????

Apparently there is an issue with the EA servers rn so I tried to go offline to play and it won't let me??? When I go offline and try to launch Sims 4, it throws me back to the "go online" page. Anybody know how to get around this? Honestly ... :angry:
HcmCUds.jpg
Life needs an undo button.

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’d like to know as well, since it keeps happening over the past few days. I did have luck getting it to launch/connect after restarting my computer a few times. I’m not sure if that really works or if it’s a coincidence, but it’s worked twice for me now.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited March 2023
    Apparently there is an issue with the EA servers rn so I tried to go offline to play and it won't let me??? When I go offline and try to launch Sims 4, it throws me back to the "go online" page. Anybody know how to get around this? Honestly ... :angry:

Restarting the EA App works for me. I don’t know what happens but it gets stuck on trying to connect. Closing and opening seems to reset it and I play offline again. (For now).

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Princess of Da'varhPrincess of Da'varh Posts: 344 Member

Restarting the EA App works for me. I don’t know what happens but it gets stuck on trying to connect. Closing and opening seems to reset it and I play offline again. (For now).

Yeah restarting it does seem to work. I think it's like the log or cache data gets stuck in a loop and the restart breaks the cycle, allowing offline play once again. Hopefully this can be fixed because it's annoying when it happens lol.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Are you going offline through the app, or just disconnecting from the internet on your device? I just disconnect from the internet on my PC before launching and haven't had any issues.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I will give them all a try later on today when I go back in game.

@manicobsessive It didn't occur to me to actually disconnect my internet. If nothing else works, I'll definitely remember that tip. I've already exited out of and back into the app a couple of times earlier today with no luck so far, but I'll keep trying.

Grumble grumble bleep app LOL.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member

This is what has happened to me twice before only on Origin. I'm just happy that this time I want the patch. I have never been able to not patch, in fact. Part of it was, I forgot to go offline prior to the day. The second time I tried to go offline without patching and it prevented me from doing so. I give up. I wish I could help you rather than merely grouse with you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I've not run the patch yet, not sure if that makes a difference.

I started my game in offline mode today. I open the app, then from top-left menu choose to go offline and accept. Then I use a desktop icon to start the game. No problems... Did you try running the game from desktop?

Today the game is very laggy though, although in offline mode I wonder if it has to do with the app and a busy server...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    kill the EA Background Service within the Task Manager or just restart your computer (copy paste from an old ticket but it worked for me this morning)
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im offline for the time being, and I havent had any problems! My game is running right now.
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Im offline for the time being, and I havent had any problems! My game is running right now.

Me too
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I turned off automatic updates, but the patch started downloading while my laptop was asleep. It wouldn't let me cancel the download. Now I can't play the game until mods update, because there's no way I'm playing without MCCC.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    edited March 2023
    Are you going offline through the app, or just disconnecting from the internet on your device? I just disconnect from the internet on my PC before launching and haven't had any issues.

Whenever I play TS4 I always unplug the computer internet cable first! I like my games where they are, no further EA bug injections, thank you.

So far, has always worked, even with the app. FatTribble, I understand your feelings and frustrations.