Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Did I Miss? - Been Gone For Two Years...

So after clocking up 2000 hours ingame I took an extended break from the Sims 4 in 2021. I have finally been tempted back by the promise of the Growing Together expansion! I booted up my game and found quite a lot of new free content added already, including aspirations I don't recognise. Awesome! I'm excited to get back to playing now some fresh air has been breathed in to the game...

But then I went to look at my usual go-to guides and sites... Carls Sims 4 Guide, the wiki... and found surprisingly little content about the newer content post Cottage Living. I know Carl is still actively modding (hooray!) but I was wondering if there are any active websites or guides people could recommend for me to catch up on the last two years of content that I've missed? I like to have a reference handy; there's a bunch of new mechanics like the stuff from High School Years that I straight up don't know about. Rather than me posting endless questions on old topics and spamming the board, if anyone can point me in the direction of useful resources I would super appreciate it.

And if you've got any tips or "must know" info that I might not be up to speed on, please feel free to drop pearls of wisdom below. I really appreciate any and all help offered; thanks for taking the time to read this.
lgYUYx0.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Sounds like you are already familiar with Carl, have you checked out the forums there? It's not as handy as having a proper guide, but the folks there are pretty helpful & they have some guides for the newer packs posted there.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    Sounds like you are already familiar with Carl, have you checked out the forums there? It's not as handy as having a proper guide, but the folks there are pretty helpful & they have some guides for the newer packs posted there.

In all my years of using his website I never even noticed there was a forum! Thank you, this will be a great help.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Sims Community is a pretty good resource too.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    Carl’s guide and sims community are the best ones. You can also look at youtubers older content or old patch notes on the EA site I guess.

You missed My Wedding Stories, High School Years, Werewolves and quite a few kits. There have been quite a few major free patches, My Wedding Stories had some issues so there was a big patch to fix it. Werewolves got a moon overhaul (its very visible in game and toddlers can say goodnight to the moon 😭)

HSY got new phone, body hair, wants and fears and pronouns and orientation stuff I think.. curved walls are probably new to you too. Then we got some plumbob items and better in game tutorials. They recently added hearing aids and other inclusive CAS stuff and also some video game related CAS stuff. And there’s been new scenarios too.

I can’t remember when Neighbourhood stories (npc actions) came in, but that and the wants and fears are probably the biggest base game changes in the last years. Oh and the constantly playing with their phones 😬.
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    @MuggyQuasar as @JustinB113 says there have been a few packs and kits and HSY Ep so even more aspirations to do thats what i'm doing just now going through all the aspirations like James Turners super sim challenge Where i'm letting all my main sims children age up but keep my Main sims as young adults do all jobs too only cheat allowed is testing cheats
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    I find Sims Wiki the most thorough. Here's the link for HSY:

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_4:_High_School_Years
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    DivapixieDivapixie Posts: 63 Member
    Welcome back. I find the sims community pretty indispensable when I need a reminder or come across an aspect of the game I haven't used before.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Welcome back! :smile: Another suggestion I can make is to watch the livestreams of the new content which are still on Youtube. They are always a great overview of the biggest new features. I hope you enjoy being back!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Greg

thats all my brain came up with when asked this out of blue :lol:
    there were probably couple other things worth mentioning too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Greg

thats all my brain came up with when asked this out of blue :lol:
    there were probably couple other things worth mentioning too

You forgot about being hired by Vlad Straud to redecorate his living room in a "Groovy Barbie" aesthetic.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.