Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I was having fun playing the Sims 3 until.............

I was having fun playing the Sims 3 until I was being forced to update to the EA app from Origin!

The Sims 3 is not perfect on my new computer. It wont let me install some of the EP's (they crash) so have been playing without them. The game is a lot more fun than the Sims 4, even though there are more bugs in the Sims 3 than I remembered.

I have read solutions online from how to block Origin from updating, and what to do if the Sims 3 won't run on the New EA App. It seems that I will have to spend time downloading my Sims 3 store stuff on the new EA App and I have no idea if I will encounter all the problems I have read about.

I have been playing the Sims since the Sims 1 and I am now an elderly lady, and having to do all this tech stuff to get my games to play is becoming more difficult for me.

So instead of just loading up my game to play today, I know I will probably spend hours sorting out the mess when I have to swtich to the EA App.

There is no option to close/remove the pop up on Origin to update to EA App, so I can't get on to play my Sims 3 right now. It will probably mean hours of me trying to sort out the mess to play my Sims 3 saved game if I do.

All I wanted was to to load up my Sims 3 game and play for a couple of hours to relax, this has now become stress. I will have to accept the new EA App and probably know things won't work in the Sims 3. And if I want to play the Sims 3, spend hours re-downloading stuff from the store and generally sorting out the mess this new App has caused. Or even having to uninstall EA App and re-install the old Origin. More of my time wasted just to get to play what I want to play! And how long with Origin work for?

In the past I had more enthusiam sorting out problems with my Sims games. I know eventually I will spend time sorting the whole mess out but for now I cannot play any of my Sims games until I update to the EA App. Why can't I install the new App in my own time instead of being forced to install on EA terms when the pop up arrives? Thank you EA!

Comments

• Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member

Thought I would update my post. I decided to install the EA App. Need my Sims daily fix LOL, although I probably wont get to play my Sims 3 saved game today.

All of the Sims 3 EP's where showing up on the App. I have them on disks as well. I did what was suggested about moving my game files from my Sims 3 document folder. I am now downloading my Sims 3 Store Content. It is painfully slow. Some items won't download so I then have to refresh and try and again. It seems to be buggy at best of times.

It's several hours later since I made my first post and I don't have the time to continuing downloading Store items at the moment. At the rate it is going it will take sometime.

Of course I haven't tried to play a "proper" game except for loading the game before adding any downloads, and saving one of the housholds, so it adds the files in Sims 3 my documents.

Obviously I am nervous about adding my old saved game in case it causes problems. I guess it would be best to start a fresh game and see how things go. If I find anything to add, I will.

It's not a lot of fun having to install and start all over again. I have a newer computer with 12 cores and having to limit the core to 1 to get the launcher to start. install the downloads from the store, then adding 12 cores back again to play. I jumped through hoops to get my Sims 3 game to run some months ago with my new computer and here I am again having to sort to be able to play again.

Hey-ho what we do to play our Sims.

• Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 716 Member
    Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    You Can Do It! :cookie:

I used to always start over, especially with the store stuff. It's a long haul re-downloading all or parts. I've tried to save them to file but once removed from their Sims 3 folder, they'll never install again. :sweat_smile:

I just blocked Origin from connecting to the internet. I know it's a temporary fix and one day I'll have to get the App but until then, I'll wait.
    Probably when this computer dies. :scream:

• Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    About the store content, it is really annoying to re-download everything each time you get a new computer. I wonder if it is possible to change them to packages? Has someone already tried to do it?
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    @jillbg There is a way but it's not just a matter of extracting the package files from the Sims3Pack. I don't want to risk getting banned by talking about it here so I'll send you a PM
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    About the store content, it is really annoying to re-download everything each time you get a new computer. I wonder if it is possible to change them to packages? Has someone already tried to do it?

You can back-up the old The Sims 3 folder and replace the new one with that after installing the game. That's what I did when I got my new computer. The The Sims 3 folder contains all the CC, downloads and installed worlds.

I installed the game from discs and refused to install Origin and patches, and used a the 1.67 super patch. And I'm blocking the game from connecting to the internet, to be safe.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    Cororon wrote: »
    You can back-up the old The Sims 3 folder and replace the new one with that after installing the game. That's what I did when I got my new computer. The The Sims 3 folder contains all the CC, downloads and installed worlds.

I installed the game from discs and refused to install Origin and patches, and used a the 1.67 super patch. And I'm blocking the game from connecting to the internet, to be safe.

Are you talking about the whole folder, @Cororon ? How stupid of me not having thought about that before!!!

NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @wendyyi1 Thank you for your pm! I'll try it out, definitely!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    Cororon wrote: »

Are you talking about the whole folder, @Cororon ? How stupid of me not having thought about that before!!!

Yes, the whole The Sims 3 folder. :) I make a backup of it maybe four or five times a year, and keep a couple of older backups to be on the safe side in case something got corrupted or if I deleted something by mistake. All the worlds, store content, CC, saved outfit designs, custom music, saved sims, and, of course, the game saves, are in there. Saves you a lot of time.
    cUrfGkA.gif