Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World packs would be nice

Since SPs don't seem to be returning it would be nice to get World Packs around the same price point. Worlds based on different locations around the world with a handful of new gameplay items related to the location. Sort of like the world's we used to get in the sims 3 store although I'm sure for the price they would be on a smaller scale than S3, with maybe 12 lots. Opinions? Would you consider buying them?

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    No, I personally wouldn't. I'm over the small worlds with literally 4 lots per neighborhood. That's not enough for me. I need bare minimum of 6-8 lots per neighborhood to create my RL family. I'm not paying for additional limitations.

Now if the worlds were 100% empty with absolutely no shell buildings whatsoever, then I would consider it.

Even Newcrest is not good to me. I keep trying to find a world that I can create a retro world with ONLY MCM style houses and venues and I can't because the shell houses are the same as what's in Willowcreek and it looks super dumb. So I'm forced to build my houses in similar styles to not be so immersion breaking.

Can't make Oasis Springs entirely retro with MCM houses either because they have that upper area with all of the fake Spanish style houses. It's always so glaringly in your face and out of place (at least for me, I need cohesion).
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I would like to see some different locations represented from around the world, definitely more lots would be great. I wouldn't mind world decorations if it was needed to represent the location.

I would love a truly empty world but, and I don't say this often, I think something like that should be free. I can't imagine it takes much work to produce an empty world. Even giving undecorated versions of the BG worlds would fill that need, you aren't the first person to ask for empty/undecorated worlds.
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    I’d love to see some more urban worlds other than San Myshuno. I just love having my sims live in the city and eventually San Myshuno, being the only city world, gets a little stale. Also, San Myshuno is almost too perfect as a city. Even the areas with the starter apartments look super clean and trendy.

I’d love to have my sims live in an old, run down LA midrise type of apartment. Imagine just having a sim that’s a struggling artist, living in a small little run down apartment. The starter home section of Del Sol Valley captures what I’m looking for, especially the set dressing, but there’s unfortunately no apartments so I can’t really super capture the feel of living in a small, kind of run down apartment.

So if possible, a world pack that’s sort of LA inspired with apartments and lower income housing would be so awesome.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    edited February 2023
    I’d love to have my sims live in an old, run down LA midrise type of apartment. Imagine just having a sim that’s a struggling artist, living in a small little run down apartment. The starter home section of Del Sol Valley captures what I’m looking for, especially the set dressing, but there’s unfortunately no apartments so I can’t really super capture the feel of living in a small, kind of run down apartment.

So if possible, a world pack that’s sort of LA inspired with apartments and lower income housing would be so awesome.

I completely agree. But, if you are looking for something to somewhat scratch that itch, there are some pretty good duplex and triplex builds that people have put on the gallery that fit the empty lot in that DSV starter neighborhood. I found an unfurnished rundown triplex build that I really liked, and added just a few things, like a laundromat and a small basketball court at the back of the lot.

You can either have one large family living in one of the "apartments" or you can fix the door lock settings and have multiple families. It's not a perfect solution, but it works pretty well.
  • Options
    Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    To buy a pack with just a world, maybe a few buy/build mode items in it, the would would have to be a larger world. One with three neighborhoods at least, and atleast twelve lots. Though, considering how the current 12 lot size world is capped to allow for lower spec computers to still play the packs, it wouldn't be out there for a would pack to be built for higher spec computers. They'd just need to add a filter or pop-up thingy for when you buy it, you are told it may not play well on computers with less than (some number) ram, or whatever spec it is. Now, another larger world, like the one that came with Getting Together, sorry I can't remember it's name, is something a lot of us would pay extra for.
  • Options
    More lots would be better. Perhaps they could make 2 versions of the worlds. Keep everything the same except have one version with less lots so it's still inclusive to smaller spec users and another with 20 ish lots so as not to punish users who can accommodate more.

As far as build/buy I would hope for more than a handful of things. For example if we got a Tuscany inspired world it could include nectar making and a pizza oven as well as themed build/buy. Kind of like sims 3 store worlds but with a less outrageous price tag.
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    Since SPs don't seem to be returning it would be nice to get World Packs around the same price point. Worlds based on different locations around the world with a handful of new gameplay items related to the location. Sort of like the world's we used to get in the sims 3 store although I'm sure for the price they would be on a smaller scale than S3, with maybe 12 lots. Opinions? Would you consider buying them?

Just bulldoze the lots in My Wedding Stories and Magnolia Promenade and voila! you have two new worlds.

Some other ideas: turn the extra lounges into restaurant, not every neighborhood needs a gym and a museum, cafes can become restaurants, the list goes on and on...
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    amydunneamydunne Posts: 25 Member
    > @sleekoduck87 said:
    > Just bulldoze the lots in My Wedding Stories and Magnolia Promenade and voila! you have two new worlds.
    >
    > Some other ideas: turn the extra lounges into restaurant, not every neighborhood needs a gym and a museum, cafes can become restaurants, the list goes on and on...

Exactly! I started doing that to fill time before the update/new expansion and it's made my worlds 100x better.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I have always been against world packs but IF and only if they would cater to different parts of the community like those of us with good pcs who can handle large worlds and give us 20+ lots in these worlds I'd be all for it. I'd never buy a 12 lot world or smaller world though
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,038 Member
    I would love world packs, if they were done well. I agree that we don't always need a new world with every expansion pack, and even less with game packs, unless they are somehow important for the gameplay itself. For example, Sulani is crucial for Island Living and well connected to it's gameplay, and the universities of Britechester matter for the game play at universities (as lacking as it is), but as much as I love Brindleton Bay, it has no real bearing on the game play of the pack. Without the world perhaps more resources could have gone to more different variety of pets, or more active gameplay connected to them such as additional careers and businesses?

For me, what would make me buy a world pack would be if it's thought through and large enough. It could either add a new type of place to a region we already have and expand on the decor we already have for that (an additional Japanese world, or an additional Selvadorada-world), making that decor richer and creating a sort of region. It could also fill a gap by adding a specific place for decor we already have as well as
    expanding on that decor (for instance an Indian world or a Chinese world). It could also add something entirely new, like an African or Middle eastern world, with entirely new decor and styles.

What I would really love is if a new world would also come with new holiday traditions and new local activities that could expand on the game and make it richer and more diverse.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I have always been against world packs but IF and only if they would cater to different parts of the community like those of us with good pcs who can handle large worlds and give us 20+ lots in these worlds I'd be all for it.

Absolutely. I can understand catering to minspec players for something that many players consider key game play (e.g. Parenthood, Seasons), but to make everything minspec friendly makes no sense. Sims 4 is expensive. How can this hypothetical person afford to buy all of the Sims 4 content, but they can't afford a decent computer? There's no reason for a world pack to take potatoes into account.

By the way, I had a poll going on world packs earlier:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1003610/world-pack#latest
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I'd love having more world options. For the $10USD that Stuff Packs cost, I'd be happy to have worlds that had at least 10 lots....basically $1 per lot for a world.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited March 2023
    One World Pack could include:
    • A world, based in a real life location, with 8 lots and two neighborhoods.
    • 30 to 50 CAS assets, for all ages.
    • 50 to 80 B/B items
    • 1 to 3 new gameplay features/skills/mechanics
    • 1 BG update
    Post edited by Mak27 on
  • Options
    JAL wrote: »
    What I would really love is if a new world would also come with new holiday traditions and new local activities that could expand on the game and make it richer and more diverse.

This is a great idea
  • Options
    ilona_2000ilona_2000 Posts: 3 New Member
    I already posted this on other page, but I would love to get a Italian based world (something like small towns in Cinque Terre etc.) OR Scandinavian themed world. Basicaly a world with at least some older looking colorfull houses that would differ from the ones we have. With the Scandinavian world there could be maybe a city centre with older stone houses (apartments) and then suburbs with more modern houses and a lot of birch trees. :) Maybe also an area with traditional Finnish / Swedish cottages on a lakeside. Also Lofoten would be beautiful inspiration with some northern lights.

More apartments would be great especially older ones. Doesn’t really matter to me where those would be located, but hopefully somewhere else than a world based on USA. We are lacking from worlds based on other continents imo.
  • Options
    Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    It's surprising how, for a Fantasy/ Sim playing community we have so few worlds that are not suburbian North America. Come on EA. How expensive is it, in the real world, to buy a plane ticket, rent a vacation home/hotel room, and then book tours of various exotic locations... VERY. To many people, myself included, it's too expensive. Therefore, fantasy travel, by simulation games, would be a way to get out of our own little worlds. And it would cost: the price of a world pack for the Sims 4. Most of us could afford that way before we could a whole vacation.
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited April 2023
    I’d love to see Italy 🇮🇹 France 🇫🇷 Japan 🇯🇵 and so much more in the sims 4 please
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    @mollie1998 We have an Italian world in My Wedding Stories and a Japanese world in Snowy Escape.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Eleri wrote: »
    @mollie1998 We have an Italian world in My Wedding Stories and a Japanese world in Snowy Escape.

The MWS world seems more like Croatia to me.
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    Oh I know there’s a Japanese world and an Italian world on the sims 4 I’ve been to these worlds and they’re awesome