Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about neat sims

AliasterOdeoAliasterOdeo Posts: 48 Member
I've noticed lately that all my neat sims are obsessed with cleaning. It is all they do. Try to have a chat/make friends/group activity... 5 seconds and they're off cleaning something already sparkling clean... They clean everywhere! Not just their own homes (which would be fine), but other people's homes and public spaces too... Neat townies walk around cleaning everywhere too. It's ridiculous... *sigh*

Is this normal?! Can't remember it was this bad before, and I've looked everywhere for a mod to make them stop, but can't find any... Which makes me thing perhaps something has gone wrong on my end. I'm playing with mods.

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Neat sims definitely do clean autonomously a lot, even leaving a conversation to do so.
    If you notice a change you might look at any of your recently updated mods that have to do with suppressing or changing autonomous actions. It could be that other autonomous actions have been suppressed so they don't have as many other alternatives to autonomous cleaning.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I'm sorry I can't advise you other than to suggest you remove your mod folder and see if the problem diminishes or is altogether gone. If it does fix the problem, then you're going to have to sort out which mod or mods is the culprit. You can either do the 50/50 method, or I will remove the mods, then return them one at a time, but if you've got several the 50/50 might serve you better. I would start with the mods you need as the first group, then removed them one at a time until the problem abates. Sorry you're having this issue.

I've got a problem with fires, currently. :open_mouth: I'm up to eight at this time. Same lot.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Neat Sims are very good, if I have multiple Sims in a household one of them have "neat" as a trait. I have not noticed them being over fixated with cleaning so that they interupt another activity just to clean
  • Options
    Emmy142Emmy142 Posts: 23 Member
    I love a neat sim, they keep the house so tidy :) I haven't had an issue with them being overly zealous with it.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited February 2023
    Yeah since bust the dust, it's becoming absurd (which I don't have btw... just the patch that came along).

I think Mei Prescott cleaned my grill like 10 times in a single visit. One grill... 10 times...

I avoid that trait like the black death since then.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Sorry, didn't mean to post and run, I appreciate all the replies.

I may test playing vanilla for a bit, just to see if the behavior changes. But from what Dijktafone is describing, which is very similar to what I'm seeing, it seems like this is a feature not a bug/mod issue?

I honestly wouldn't mind their obsessive cleanliness, if it only affected their own properties and bodies. Some people are like that, that is fine. But they shouldn't be able to clean other people's homes or public places unsolicited. That's silly, no body does that.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

I may test playing vanilla for a bit, just to see if the behavior changes. But from what Dijktafone is describing, which is very similar to what I'm seeing, it seems like this is a feature not a bug/mod issue?

I honestly wouldn't mind their obsessive cleanliness, if it only affected their own properties and bodies. Some people are like that, that is fine. But they shouldn't be able to clean other people's homes or public places unsolicited. That's silly, no body does that.

I actually think it's great that some sims clean the public spaces otherwise my sims have to do that. We need to have a lot trait for cleanliness, same as we have the Gnomes trait for fixing broken objects overnight. And people do clean public spaces in real life too, sometimes out of necessity not just because they are neat freaks.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    crocobaura wrote: »

I actually think it's great that some sims clean the public spaces otherwise my sims have to do that. We need to have a lot trait for cleanliness, same as we have the Gnomes trait for fixing broken objects overnight. And people do clean public spaces in real life too, sometimes out of necessity not just because they are neat freaks.

Sure, wiping down an occasional table or toilet seat before using it. But nobody goes on to clean an entire restaurant or park area, or any other public thing they themselves have no intention of using.

The only ones who should clean public lots are the lot employees, and the only ones who should clean homes are the home owner or their maids. Not our sims or any other guest imo. And in case they do, it should be frowned upon (like taking a shower at a friend's house in sims 3 :D), since it is incredibly rude.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Sure, wiping down an occasional table or toilet seat before using it. But nobody goes on to clean an entire restaurant or park area, or any other public thing they themselves have no intention of using.

There are no cleaners in a park, and I think it's nice that they clean some of the mess other sims leave behind. For restaurants, well, there shouldn't be a mess in the first place since there are waiters to clean. If they are cleaning objects that are already clean, I am still not complaining, but I'd rather prefer they wear a cleaning uniform so they don't look out of place.
  • Options
    edited February 2023

There are no cleaners in a park, and I think it's nice that they clean some of the mess other sims leave behind. For restaurants, well, there shouldn't be a mess in the first place since there are waiters to clean. If they are cleaning objects that are already clean, I am still not complaining, but I'd rather prefer they wear a cleaning uniform so they don't look out of place.

I suppose the cleaning in the park doesn't bother me, if it's like picking up trash and stuff. That is normal, and nice behavior. It is specifically the obsessive cleaning of already sparkling clean objects at cafés and nightclubs that bother me. It shouldn't happen. If you rather clean than dance, stay home! :D

Also, sims shouldn't clean other sim's homes regardless of filth level. If the home offends them, they should leave, not clean.

• Options
    CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    edited February 2023

Are you familiar with that british show where neat freaks go out to clean public spaces? I wish I remembered the name of the show.. (Edit: the show is called: obsessive compulsive cleaners.) It's interesting to create a club and simulate it ;) a bit of charity work, strenghtens the community. They mostly contain themselves to cleaning the BBQ's though :D
  • Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    I've noticed lately that all my neat sims are obsessed with cleaning. It is all they do. Try to have a chat/make friends/group activity... 5 seconds and they're off cleaning something already sparkling clean... They clean everywhere! Not just their own homes (which would be fine), but other people's homes and public spaces too... Neat townies walk around cleaning everywhere too. It's ridiculous... *sigh*

Is this normal?! Can't remember it was this bad before, and I've looked everywhere for a mod to make them stop, but can't find any... Which makes me thing perhaps something has gone wrong on my end. I'm playing with mods.

My Sims do this too. It's incredibly annoying.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Ciralinde wrote: »

Are you familiar with that british show where neat freaks go out to clean public spaces? I wish I remembered the name of the show.. (Edit: the show is called: obsessive compulsive cleaners.) It's interesting to create a club and simulate it ;) a bit of charity work, strenghtens the community. They mostly contain themselves to cleaning the BBQ's though :D

I'm all for having the ability to create quirky and oddly specific clubs like that, so if that was what this was, I'd be quite happy 🤣
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Nothing to see here... Just a helpful witness cleaning at a crime scene... Move along, so we can do our jobs! 👮‍♂️🚓✌😂

02-27-23-7-37-18-PM.png
    Post edited by AliasterOdeo on
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Neat sims gain fun from cleaning, so it might be that it's the most fun activity available?
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @AliasterOdeo hmmm trying to last-minute wipe away the evidence??
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Oh my! The officer had better interview that witness for a long time! Obviously abetting the perp! LOL