Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dissapearing sims??

Just a curiosity.... I've had several experiences where sims I downloaded off the gallery, when I enter into conversation, they turn away walk a few steps and disappear right before my eyes. It's always celebrity sims. Except one time, Liberty Lee a base game npc walked away from me and straight into a fireplace and disappeared just like the others. I'm beginning to think either female sims don't like me or I'm a bad conversationalist anyone else experience this. It's 90 percent of the time sims off the gallery that are celebrity sims that have a few expansions I don't.... I didn't make a bug report as it is not a concern to me much.

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    This is an old problem, it has a bug report already https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-NPC-s-not-interacting-on-community-lots-despawning-too-fast/td-p/8195638 you can click “me too” on this report if you want.
    The fireplace exit is a bug that came after seasons, as it’s how father winter arrives and leaves on winterfest.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    So, a couple things.

Walkbys (any sims):
    If they're walkbys and they happen to already be leaving at the time you try to start a conversation, you usually can't interrupt them leaving.
    If they aren't about to leave, you can chat briefly. But they do still have a walkby timer running, so at some point they will leave and you won't be able to stop them.
    But, if you use "Ask to Hang Out," and they say "Sure I can hang out for a bit," then the timer changes from the walkby timer to the longer timer used for friendly visits, several sim-hours.

Celebrities: (if you meant sims who have a celebrity rank in the game)
    You can't interact with celebrities beyond the "Attempt introduction," "Ask for selfie" and the couple other interactions at first. If Attempt Introduction fails, the conversation will end and the celebrity will probably walk away. You have to wait till next time you see that celebrity sim and try again.
  • Options
    AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @mightysprite ok thanks for the info, and by celebrity I mean a person on gallery created a sim that looks like a real life person/celebrity....like Emilia Clarke for example..
  • Options
    AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @Kita5399 Ok, i didnt check, I guess I should...thanks for the info.