Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We Have a Winner...

My daughter and I just had something happen in our game that we'd never seen before. I almost shared the news in a routine post in the "What Happened In Your Game Today" thread, but I decided it merited a post of its very own.

Our active Sim played the lottery...AND WON!! :o:D
Jlks3g8.png

We always have our Sims buy lottery tickets, if they can afford them. The winner is almost always a random townie. Or it's Mayor Whiskers, whose number has come up three times. This time, it's a Sim who is an active member of our game.

Duncan is a Young Adult who had just started working as a Physical Therapist (a career we added through a mod). He's living in a cozy one-bedroom house in Newcrest. Now Z and I are wondering what kinds of lifestyle changes we'll have Duncan make, if any. Will he keep working, or quit his day job and live off his winnings, perhaps with some income from gardening or painting? Will he buy a luxurious new home, or fill his current home with fancy new toys? Or will he simply continue to live his life, secure in the knowledge he has a million Simoleons on hand? We like to roll a d20 to decide things in our games, so perhaps that's what we'll do with Duncan.

One Sim who's acquainted with him has already invited herself over for a visit. We don't completely trust her motives...would you?

By the way, Duncan is based on my real-life youngest brother. He'd never buy a lottery ticket in real life, which makes this turn of events even more fun.

Have your played Sims ever hit the lottery? If they have, what did you do with their newfound riches?
Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
Yevsas mairzeemo!

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Congratulations!!

My lottery in game is mother lode. 😄
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    congrats!
    One sim of my own has won, but he was 5 star celeb, so rich already, so blaah...

Mayor is not the winner in my games often, but Rosie, that small dog of Hecking couple , often wins, multimillionaire doggo.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,852 Member
    Congrats!

None of my sims has ever won the lottery. I do something like @simgirl1010, but I type in money and number with a lot of zeros after it.💰😉
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yay! I did have a family win the lottery once. They moved to the island on Windenburg and I built them a nice house with a safe in their basement where they kept most of their money.

I have to say, I stopped playing them not long afterwards.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Ay! Congrats! Guess you both fell off your chairs, LOL. I never won that lottery, and it won't help that I normally would switch households after buying those tickets anyway.

How will you spend all that money?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I've had it happen exactly once in all the years I've been playing - and I kept it pretty business as usual.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @simgirl1010 @Ellupelluellu @DaniRose2143 @elanorbreton @Simmerville @WildIrishBanshee @Luna15 Thanks for the congratulations!

@simgirl1010 @DaniRose2143 I confess to having cheated some Simoleons into a household's account, but I've kept it reasonable...mostly. I'll bestow upon them enough to fit a storyline I want. Usually that entails having a particular house. We did have a Sim try to romance an eligible lottery winner, but it didn't work. :D

@Ellupelluellu Rosie Hecking has won our lottery, too! I like the Heckings and I really like Rosie, so if she's the wealthiest Sim in my world, I'm delighted.

@elanorbreton Right now, we're thinking about building Duncan a new house, too. Or, rather, we'll download one from the Gallery. Neither Z or I are good builders. I wish I were, but it would take a lot of time for me to acquire the skill, time I don't often have.

@Simmerville I have a feeling you've been playing Sims 4 longer than I have, so I'm surprised you haven't hit it at least once...especially since you're a rotational player. Z and I did have six of our Sims buy tickets...but that only makes it more likely that one of our Sims will win, not that any particular family will be lucky. We're still thinking about how/if to spend it. The new house is one possibility. Unless we have Duncan totally change his personality, he's not the kind of Sim who would live ostentatiously, surrounding himself with flashy toys. He may take some vacations, donate to charities, and give gifts to his family. Z thinks he should finance her Simself's University education, when it's time. :wink:

@WildIrishBanshee If we keep our Sim's decisions "in character," he'll probably do the same thing: living life much as he's always done, without any further financial concerns. He's a single Young Adult, so maybe he'll look for The One. (He's also single in real life, but he doesn't have a million dollars...that I know of.) :)

@Luna15 We started playing in spring 2021, and this is the first time we've won it. Before then, we had pets, random townies, Nancy Landgraab (who needed it as much as a fish needs a bicycle), and a ghost, among other winners.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited December 2022
    Congratulations! My Sims always purchase tickets, but I've only ever seen, like you, Townies/NPCs win. However, I should mention my Sims are all very well-off, too, so for them it's more like giving to charity, if you will.

I would have him keep his job and give him the frugal Trait so he can invest his money to continue to grow it. You never know when he might need a larger house.

As for the neighbor popping by on a whim? News sure travels fast. I wouldn't trust her, either. LOL (Does make me wonder if some long 'lost' cousins will make their way over to your Sims place, too. Now, that would be some fun gameplay.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/