Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I swear I am so done with this game

StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
:|

Not too long ago, I had to do a fresh install because I was dumb and tried to use s4cc in my game (because I didn't realize I downloaded the s4 version not the s3 version ugh DUH) and now I have done something dumb again and I really, REALLY want to avoid having to reinstall AGAIN....I got the $#^$%& arezzo right counter from a lot and I. CAN'T. GET. RID. OF. IT. Every time I try to uninstall it from the launcher, the launcher crashes.

I have searched and read and searched and I cannot find a solution. I need to get this counter out but I need a way to do it without the launcher.

I need a detailed description on how to do this if anyone knows. I cannot figure out how I'm supposed to fix it in s3pe or any of the other programs offered. My launcher will not stop crashing and I am going to go bald if I keep tearing my hair out. Seriously. Please help. With the new EA app not working AT ALL, I don't want to have to reinstall again in case it won't work at all :(:'(
Post edited by StephSteb on

Comments

• Options
    Also, I have pulled out my sims 3 folder and all of that and found where it is in DCCache and only have that one in the launcher to get rid of the counter, but the launcher STILL crashes even with that little bit in there. Every time I try to scroll to it in the launcher, the launcher says NOPE and crashes. S C R E A M :s
  • Options
    NEVERMINDDDDDD :D I finally got it. I managed to get it uninstalled and everything is working again <3 The launcher finally didn't crash and I got that pesky counter >:)

A quick reminder to myself and everyone to always check your downloads BEFORE you install them :s
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I know you've fixed your problem already but when I install CC I change all .sims3pack files to .package files and install the .package files in my mods folder. It makes it easier to remove any questionable CC and I don't have to deal with the launcher.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Same! I got stuck with an ugly doll a few years ago, and some sneakers that made babies look like giant insects...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @jillbg -
    "...that made babies look like giant insects..."
    Okay, while I know that seriously isn't funny, something about that description just makes me laugh.
  • Options
    @mw1525 Yeah, I get it! Here's a picture I found on the Internet, unfortunately I didn't document my game play in the beginning when I played the sims...
    R.860e1e1587be587a164d6f7cfdcfb688?rik=63WPbwu7fYwd3Q&riu=http%3a%2f%2fimages4.fanpop.com%2fimage%2fphotos%2f18300000%2fThis-is-all-too-creepy-the-sims-3-18388720-615-693.jpg&ehk=iYgd24BZapAu1BQEZNn%2bJ8NGnZrIlWgrb%2fH7n9idJnM%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Astro wrote: »
    I know you've fixed your problem already but when I install CC I change all .sims3pack files to .package files and install the .package files in my mods folder. It makes it easier to remove any questionable CC and I don't have to deal with the launcher.

I really need to do this from now on. I'm just now learning how to use s3pe and other tools so it makes the game a lot easier, especially if/when you make a mistake :D
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    you could install from disk on a computer that never connects to the internet, and only the games from before the launcher was made compulsory.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    StephSteb wrote: »
    Astro wrote: »

I really need to do this from now on. I'm just now learning how to use s3pe and other tools so it makes the game a lot easier, especially if/when you make a mistake :D

s3pe?
  • Options
    @Oldeseadogge Yes, you can find it RIGHT HERE and it helps edit packages. There's a few other tools that help with the game immensely and I am trying to learn all of them at once. :D The package viewer is especially helpful! Here is a thread with some of the tools in it.
  • Options
    Lol @jillbg I never got the insect babies but I definitely got the centaur thing once! :s:(
  • Options
    @StephSteb Centaur? Geez... Can't live without S3PE by the way, it's just a pity that many patterns aren't possible to transform to packages.
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited November 2022
    jillbg wrote: »
    @StephSteb Centaur? Geez... Can't live without S3PE by the way, it's just a pity that many patterns aren't possible to transform to packages.

@jillbg , this tool may be able to help you with that - Sims3 Pattern Recategoriser :)
    The patterns need to be in package form to begin with, but that's easily enough done with S3Extractor.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    3115379129_1_5_8KToeQyc.jpg

@jillbg Yep, that was the bad CC that made me never, EVER download another sim from the Exchange again. It was another one of those things that attaches (like the counter, boots, doll, etc) to every download and is a monster to get rid of.

I can't stay away from the lots, though :D:#:(
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »
    jillbg wrote: »

@jillbg , this tool may be able to help you with that - Sims3 Pattern Recategoriser :)
    The patterns need to be in package form to begin with, but that's easily enough done with S3Extractor.

Wow, thanks, @Pary - I got my weekend cut out for me!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg Yep, that was the bad CC that made me never, EVER download another sim from the Exchange again. It was another one of those things that attaches (like the counter, boots, doll, etc) to every download and is a monster to get rid of.

@StephSteb Love your centaur picture, can imagine your feelings about that! :s
    I totally agree - When I first started to play TS3, I downloaded sims from the exchange, mostly because I wanted the hair, and I hadn't yet figured out where to get CC elsewhere. And of course, I got stuck with just about every evil thingy you can imagine. A real house of horrors. I had to clean out everything, reinstall and whatnot... Discovered nRaas and became a devout follower of Twallan, whithout him I would have given up on the game all together...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,358 Member

@StephSteb There's a safe way to do that. Take your EA folder out of documents to keep it safe. Boot your game to create a new folder. Install the lot. The package files will install into DCBackup folder. Delete the ccmerged file. Run custard on the folder or check them individually with S3PE (or both). I usually rename them at that point from the long string of numbers and letters. You can find the original name in the XML file within S3PE. Grab the library file and those package files out then you can delete that EA folder. Put the library file in your old EA folder in the library folder and the package files THAT YOU'VE CHECKED! into your mods folder. Ta da!

There will be a duplicate package file of the lot in the dcbackup folder. You can use it instead of the library file or delete it. :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much @ZeeGee Still learning all of the tools but this is way helpful! <3