Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I reinstall my game and expansions, here is the issues I'm facing.

Hello, I've made a lot of posts recently but it's mainly because I'm new to the sims, well I played on the original Xbox but that was 19 years ago pretty much. I'm new to the sims 4.

I got some issues and I wonder If I should reinstall my game and all the expansions and packs.
heres my issues:
Sims are not affected by weather, no moodlet under there photo at bottom left, except on rare occasions.
Hamster/Rodent never needs food, is never hungry, I've placed and deleted multiple enclosures, without bb.moveobjects it still persists
There are about 5 or 6 other issues going on, but I don't think there worth mentioning like for example when you give a command to a sim and they take 20 seconds to start doing it, that's been around forever, I think.
I've tried power cycling my Xbox, resetting the cache, resetting my console to factory condition except keeping my profile and saved data, and 1 or two more.... Is anyone else experiencing these issues and found a fix?

See my fear is that if I reinstall game and all content that something will go wrong and I will not be able to reinstall the expansions and stuff I bought and I will lose them permanently, if this were to happen, I will probably stop playing the sims altogether.

Comments

• Options
    animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    Not sure about the rodent issue as I don't have that pack, and sims taking forever to do a task is unfortunately a sims thing we pretty much have to live with on all versions (sometimes resetting them helps).

For seasons I'd suggest checking your game settings under weather and make sure weather effects are turned on (though I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be on by default).
  • Options
    AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @animevamp, I had already checked that but thanks anyway, I rechecked it just now and Enable temperature effects on sims is checked and green. So, it is on. And As I have continued to play the weather effects are not occurring to my sims, except very, very rarely.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    In my experience you don’t actually get too many weather moodlets.

Do you have a thermostat or anything in the house because this negates the hot and cold one. Likewise if you are always wearing the hot and cold outfits you won’t really see them.

The only ones I can think of are scared of thunderstorms and the burning/freezing to death ones.

What are you expecting to see that you’re not?
  • Options
    @JustinB113 I've seen the mood let that is not burning/freezing to death, I know what you're talking about, I've seen it before when one of my kids was outside and they turned almost into a ghost looking person, this got my attention big time I checked on the sim and basically, I got the point that they were in danger because of the weather. But I have seen mood lets that don't go that far, there more like saying sim is improperly clothed, they are hot or cold, but not in any danger at the moment. I don't know the exact terminology of the mood let, I just don't remember; but I remember seeing them on several occasions then for some reason or another they stopped except for a very rare occasion I will see a mood let brown or red in color and look at it and it will notify me of a clothing/weather situation. I wished I could describe it better. If I knew how to search the web for a picture of the mood let and then post it in this comment, I would do that, but I'm a bit computer illiterate and don'ts know how.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited November 2022
    AlienTusks wrote: »
    @JustinB113 I've seen the mood let that is not burning/freezing to death, I know what you're talking about, I've seen it before when one of my kids was outside and they turned almost into a ghost looking person, this got my attention big time I checked on the sim and basically, I got the point that they were in danger because of the weather. But I have seen mood lets that don't go that far, there more like saying sim is improperly clothed, they are hot or cold, but not in any danger at the moment. I don't know the exact terminology of the mood let, I just don't remember; but I remember seeing them on several occasions then for some reason or another they stopped except for a very rare occasion I will see a mood let brown or red in color and look at it and it will notify me of a clothing/weather situation. I wished I could describe it better. If I knew how to search the web for a picture of the mood let and then post it in this comment, I would do that, but I'm a bit computer illiterate and don'ts know how.

Ok, you might be right, I don’t look at every moodlet, but I think I have got these from time to time.

In that case though, are you using summer clothes in summer and winter clothes in winter? Because these will basically stop those moodlets. They’re just warnings that if your sim is wearing a short skirt in the snow they are unhappy and it can become dangerous. If she is wearing jeans, you won’t ever see it.

My basic thoughts are just that the Seasons pack doesn’t bring lots of moodlets around the weather, they’re quite rare to see and it’s fairly usual not to have them. Unless my copy is bugged as well 😁.

As long as you have all the settings on and your sim reacts to thunder and will freeze if you send them in a T-shirt in the snow, I’d say it’s working as intended. If you play ‘correctly’ and use the clothes and thermostat then I don’t think you see much at all.

I’m not sure about the hamster or how it works though.
  • Options
    @JustinB113 The Hamster/Rat/Hybrid rodent pets came with the pet clothing pack, if I'm not mistaken. When I first used them, everything worked fine, then over time the hunger part stopped working all together. It's been that way with several different things. They work pretty well to begin with then for some reason a flaw in mechanic occurs and something goes wrong or stops working. Thanks for your input.