Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have a backstory for your Sims?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I do like to think about my sims' backstories but I don't write it anywhere, it's just im my mind and affects my choises for them in current story.

One of my simmies, names Tracy, was initially created as another sim's girlfriend (played in Sunset Valley). When I started to play with her she was a young adult, rebellious, rock musician.
    After a while I decided to create a brother for her (Jerry), which I also played with seperatly in other saves (in Riverview).
    Then I had an idea to create a younger version of both of them, as teens, plus their parents and another younger brother, the story took place in Twinbrook. There, Tracy was actually a nerdy girl and the parents had a complicated divorce story.
    So anyway I did thought about the backstory later in game, but my gameplay was not linear.

Also I once created younger versions of most of Sunset Valley townies just for fun but I did not end up playing with them actually.
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    Yes. always - I mostly write stories on the Sims and even when I don't actually write a story, I always have a story in my head for them. The ones I've been given as gifts always have backstories too...The link to some of my stories, and some of the gifts is here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920867/the-renovacy-challenge-a-new-and-short-challenge#latest
    My game play is very linear, though sometimes my sims surprise me and develop parts of their personality that I hadn't expected at all.
    This was a family and home that MamaD made for me and I wrote a story about it, and the characters definitely had a life of their own.
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-hutchins-and-mojica-renovacy.html
    Link to the first chapter is above if anyone's interested...