The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can my new laptop bear The Sims 4?

Hi, long time no see. I started university a week ago, and for the occasion my parents bought me a laptop to work, however my dad hopes I'll use it for games too, since I've always played The Sims on his computer, which is very old (2008). At first my mom only wanted that I used my new laptop for uni, but since my dad told he wanted to do a whole back-up of his computer, she allowed me to use it for games too, but only after an year of uni. This new laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 3, it has a ram of 8 GB, and Windows 11. The old computer recently can't bear 30 minutes of Live mod without the screen going black. My dad knows how much I love The Sims and wanted to make sure I could transfer it on this new computer. Can a Lenovo Ideapad 3 bear The Sims 4 + CC and mods? And if you play The Sims 4 on Lenovo laptop; is it laggy or the bugs and stuff are bearable?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    This link will let you know if your computer can handle the game.
    https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
  • Options
    Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    This link will let you know if your computer can handle the game.
    https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Thank you
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    edited October 2022
    Lenovo Ideapad 3
    Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500U (six core 2-thread processor)
    Processor Speed 2.1 GHz
    Graphics Processor Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics
    8GB of DDR4 RAM
    256GB of SSD

You do seem to meet the minimum requirements, including the integrated graphics card (the minimum graphics card requirement for Sims 4 in the Radeon series is ATI Radeon X1300, a 2005 era graphics card, yours that is integrated with the CPU is a modern one and it's by AMD, they make really good integrated graphics cards and it's much better than the minimum AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 integrated one that the minimum requirements cite, which is a 2007 CPU). Considering how old Sims 4 is, it should run it.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I doubt it'll be able to handle high graphics, but basically any computer or laptop 2014 onwards can handle this game so on lower graphics it should definitely run fine. Only advice I'd give is to avoid using laptop mode - it makes the game faster, but it makes the graphics horrifying. Even minimum graphics settings on everything is better than laptop mode
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Invest in a laptop cooling pad to help with heating
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,138 Member
    edited October 2022
    8gb ram most likely is not enough for sims 4 all packs +cc anymore

i cannot be sure if its my graphics card or ram falling behind but I have desktop with 8gb ram now and it has been scaring me since mws (no cc no mods)

definitely would not want to pack that in laptop size where overheating is even bigger issue

that being said if you are looking to just run base game and couple packs sure it'll do that much but i assume you would be using this computer for long enough time to be frustrated by the limitations rather quick
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Should run it reasonably comfortably on normal settings. Not sure about mods/CC etc but those specs are fine to play the game.
  • Options
    JustinPhoenixDLCJustinPhoenixDLC Posts: 42 Member
    I agree w/ @Simmingal , the ram might be an issue. I just recently upgraded mine and it made a world of difference in the Sims I noticed (especially if I have other stuff running in background). Just my 2 cents.
    Please bring disabilities to the Sims 4!
    Gallery ID: JusGaminDLC | YouTube Channel
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited October 2022
    I recommend a laptop with a dedicated graphics card, as you will end up frying the PC in the long run.

These PCs are much better than the one you are currently looking at:
    https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/omen-laptop-15-en1097nr?jumpid=ma_hp-gaming_product-tile_laptops_3_455c8ua_omen-laptop-15-en109

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-gaming-laptops/ideapad-gaming-3i-gen-7-(15-inch-intel)/82s9003bus

As a side note, 256GB may not be enough for you on the Lenovo.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    someone else is having this "problem"! I'm in my 3rd year right now, so a bit later on in my university career but I'm getting a new laptop this year because for the past 2 1/2 years I've been using my dad's old work laptop. which thankfully (for what reason his work gave him one idk) is like a gaming laptop basically, or at least runs them really well. So I've been really worried about the laptop I get accidently just not being able to run any of my games.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,031 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I doubt it'll be able to handle high graphics, but basically any computer or laptop 2014 onwards can handle this game so on lower graphics it should definitely run fine. Only advice I'd give is to avoid using laptop mode - it makes the game faster, but it makes the graphics horrifying. Even minimum graphics settings on everything is better than laptop mode

I agree, minimum settings are better. Laptop mode is unsuitable.

@Chris_McSims I hope you get the Sims started.

Liking Little Bistro Kit! French cafe vibes. 😊☕️🌞