Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rotational (again) - how long per house?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited May 2022
    I typically only play a total of 4-6 households. I have aging on only for the active household, seasons are 14 days, and normal life span. I play each household for a week and switch every Sunday at 5 am. I do wish I could experience each season with each household, but I’m not sure what to do to achieve that.
    Hey, @thenightcourt - I think I can help with that. Right now you play with 14-day seasons but change households every 7 days, which I don’t see as compatible unless you use a mod to go directly to a day in the middle of a season.

I see two options while also using the cheat below, if necessary, to get back on track in the first family in your rotation. Just use the cheat again and again until you are in the desired season. The cheat is:
    seasons.advance_season

Options to help them sync:

1) Play each household for 14 days instead of your current 7 (one issue with this is that kids will age out of their life stages before the next family, decreasing opportunities for socialization).

2) Change to 7-day seasons.

As I play each household, I keep notes on which season they’re in that week, so I can remember which one they should be in next.
  • Options
    thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    I typically only play a total of 4-6 households. I have aging on only for the active household, seasons are 14 days, and normal life span. I play each household for a week and switch every Sunday at 5 am. I do wish I could experience each season with each household, but I’m not sure what to do to achieve that.
    Hey, @thenightcourt - I think I can help with that. Right now you play with 14-day seasons but change households every 7 days, which I don’t see as compatible unless you use a mod to go directly to a day in the middle of a season.

I see two options while also using the cheat below, if necessary, to get back on track in the first family in your rotation. Just use the cheat again and again until you are in the desired season. The cheat is:
    seasons.advance_season

Options to help them sync:

1) Play each household for 14 days instead of your current 7 (one issue with this is that kids will age out of their life stages before the next family, decreasing opportunities for socialization).

2) Change to 7-day seasons.

As I play each household, I keep notes on which season they’re in that week, so I can remember which one they should be in next.

Thank you for the great suggestions!!!!
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    My play is not only rotational, but situational as well....meaning that I play a household long enough to create and finish a situation, and then move on.

If I play for an hour, I've probably played at least 5 households in that time, and usually more
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,039 Member
    I don't have a strict rule about how long. Most times I'm like what I think a lot of others do, about a sim week with each, but it depends on a lot of things. How worried am I about a particular sim leveling up in their career? Is one at risk of being demoted? Are there any upcoming events in a sims life that I want to be there for to guide the outcome? That's just a small sample of things that influence how often I switch. Even if there's nothing going on, I may occasionally leave the one household I'm currently focused on just to go take a quick peek at another, or all of them. Once the peek in is done then I immediately go back to the main household if everything is kosher.
  • Options
    Pl0pz518Pl0pz518 Posts: 6 New Member
    I have quite a strict rotation. Monday 8.30am Sim-time, I move to the next family and each family gets up to the next Monday 8.29am. It means that everyone is aging at the same pace. If I'm in a house with an elder sim on their own, they tend to have family round a lot or go to visit them anyway, so it's a good time for relationships and helping grandchildren build skills from other households anyway.