Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long do your loading screens usually take?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,960 Member
    Under 10 seconds
    SSD, lots of mods and cc
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,619 Member
    Actually, I haven't clocked it, but I do know it's taking longer than before. But then again, I've added a few more mods, too. I'm hoping Santa will bring me the brand new gaming rig that's been promised for Christmas. Hey, I can dream, can't I? LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited September 2022
    Under 10 seconds
    Im currently on PS5. Loading screen takes literally around 3-5 seconds. It’s like freaking moment. No toilet breaks anymore that I enjoyed during my PS4 era lol.

Edit: I have all the packs minus two expansion packs.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    Over 2 minutes
    Loading takes a while, but my save is 8 years old counting 500+ sims and many generations + tons of cc, so I'm not complaining. It probably doesn't help that I normally keep 5-10 other programs running on the computer while firing up my game, lol. I'm never sitting watching the loading screen though, so I never really counted the minutes.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Over 2 minutes
    It's over 2 minutes.

Blame my 1.5 million dollar home and my 50 Sim household.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,890 Member
    30 seconds-1 minute
    My load time actually varies between 15 seconds up to a minute. I run the game on ultra, 100+ households, and 30GB+ of cc and mods. My sims and lots are cc heavy, though mostly Maxis Match. Alpha cc adds another 20-30 seconds on to load times, which I hadn't noticed until I made the switch. The biggest variable is how long my computer has been on without a restart. On the weekends it will usually run for a couple of days without shutting down or restarting. During the week I shut it down when I leave for work. When it's had a restart it loads fast, 15-20 seconds. After two or three days of heavy use and no restarts, it can be up to a minute.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    10-30 seconds
    On average, and being generous, 10-30 seconds is about right. Anything more than that--time to start ditching mods.

The computer I have (Lenovo Creator 5i) has a 10th gen Intel i5, 12GB of RAM, and an Nvidia GTX1660 SUPER graphics card with 6GB of VRAM. Best computer I could afford without building something or going with another refurb with literally the cheapest components the rebuilder could buy that failed within a year.

The computer can take up to 64GB of RAM, which is a lot. Experts say to go with the max, but I'm thinking 32 is probably more than adequate, and more affordable. Heck, I'd say 16 would be a major improvement alone. The problem I have is that this is a "compact" case and everything's shoved in, and hard to get at.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    30 seconds-1 minute
    I only play vanilla on my PC Desktop & I have all up to date packs with most of the Kits.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    10-30 seconds
    I'm not sure, I've never timed it. It seems to be fairly fast though with my three year old rotational save.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    30 seconds-1 minute
    Just wondering what people's experience is. I notice some people find loading screens very intrusive and others don't care at all.

This is about the loading screen to travel to another lot or enter a household from Manage Worlds, not the loading screen to boot up the game.

Feel free to post details about your computer, whether you use mods or cc, whether you have different results on a long-running save vs a new save.

It used to take 10 minutes until I got a better computer.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    10-30 seconds
    Under 10 seconds without mods/cc
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Under 10 seconds
    I don't have a lot of custom content in my game. What I do have is Maxis Match clothing and hairstyles for male Sims. I do have quite a few mods though that deal with things Maxis hasn't fixed.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    10-30 seconds
    I use a lot of mods, so sometimes the loading screen will take a bit longer than it should. But it's definitely quicker than TS3 ever loaded. lol
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    Over 2 minutes
    I'm not 100% sure because I never have timed the loading screen but considering that my mods/cc folder is 14.9 Gb is probably at least over 2 minutes.