Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Read a joke, tell a joke, have a laugh!

ElleLaAmourElleLaAmour Posts: 360 Member
Hello all! This is the place to be silly, tell a joke, read a joke and have some fun. Post pics if you can, or just make us laugh with a good joke. :)

I like to combine two of my favorite things, telling jokes I find online and using my editing software. Here's a couple of pics to get us going.
Post as often as you'd like and let's have a great time!

Be sure to bookmark and visit often.

umGSUby.png
i5HbC6t.png
Post edited by ElleLaAmour on

Comments

• Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

Those are super cute! That’s a really creative use of Sim screencap editing - to tell jokes. 😄

I’m bookmarking this thread because photo editing + Sims is one of my most favorite past times. I really hope this thread takes off! 😃 I’ll post an old one here…this was an elder sim I grew extra fond of, sort of a Jimmy Buffett parrothead kinda guy. I put him into a pic I took when I was a kid with my very first camera.

yiDB5kv.jpg
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    Those are super cute! That’s a really creative use of Sim screencap editing - to tell jokes. 😄

I’m bookmarking this thread because photo editing + Sims is one of my most favorite past times. I really hope this thread takes off! 😃 I’ll post an old one here…this was an elder sim I grew extra fond of, sort of a Jimmy Buffett parrothead kinda guy. I put him into a pic I took when I was a kid with my very first camera.

yiDB5kv.jpg

Thank you simsinmysleep! I love the artistic effect you used. That's exactly the kind of pics I'm hoping to see. Please share more and welcome to the thread!
  • Options
    Please meet my husband, Robert Mon Amour. You've already met our son, Jack Robert Mon Amour.

hdxgj8K.png
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited September 2022
    Ooh I love photo-editing and I do it a lot for my storytelling. It's a bit nightmarish at times though. I do a lot of photo-editing (less so now I use GShade as well) especially for magic effects and such. One of my favourite photo-edited scenes from my stories is this one, drawing the dragon to look decently fiery was a nightmare though.
    nehn7t9oaby9.png
    cw3dn6abwqtw.png

And another VERY hard one to attempt was editing + photomanipulation...
    ni6viyencsz0.png
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Please meet my husband, Robert Mon Amour. You've already met our son, Jack Robert Mon Amour.

hdxgj8K.png

Lol, I love it! Bit of a reality check for Robert, there. 😄 I love the style of these - just the clean white with drop shadows really pops.

Ooooo, @SnowBnuuy , awesome special effects! ‘Fiery’ is tough to capture but you succeeded. They look great. 🙂

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    Ooh I love photo-editing and I do it a lot for my storytelling. It's a bit nightmarish at times though. I do a lot of photo-editing (less so now I use GShade as well) especially for magic effects and such. One of my favourite photo-edited scenes from my stories is this one, drawing the dragon to look decently fiery was a nightmare though.
    nehn7t9oaby9.png
    cw3dn6abwqtw.png

And another VERY hard one to attempt was editing + photomanipulation...
    ni6viyencsz0.png

Excellent job SnowBnuuy! I agree with simsinmysleep, fire and light effects are way hard to do. I've never understood enough about all that alpha and blending stuff. I've tried many times, but I just can't understand it. I guess I missed out on that in science classes. lol

Thank you simsinmysleep. Yeah, Robert and avi Elle have their issues for sure...

7NnkiTf.png
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,773 Member
    Love all the screenshots so far! I love seeing people do the speech bubbles, and cool banners and whatnot.

@ElleMonAmour and @simsinmysleep Thank you for your compliments < 3 It means a lot!
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    You're welcome SnowBnuuy. Hope to see more of your work because you have mad skills!

One more before bedtime...

em0fydr.png

• Options
    Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    edited September 2022
    Ha ha! This is something I'd love to do! Though, I just returned to the forum recently and remember posting pics was a bit of a learning curve for me. 😁 I'll participate soon but, for now, the pic in my signature is my post. Does it qualify?

@ElleMonAmour Your captions remind me of Rodney Dangerfield. "My wife and I were happy for 20 years then, we met." 🤣
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Justa_G00f wrote: »
    Ha ha! This is something I'd love to do! Though, I just returned to the forum recently and remember posting pics was a bit of a learning curve for me. 😁 I'll participate soon but, for now, the pic in my signature is my post. Does it qualify?

@ElleMonAmour Your captions remind me of Rodney Dangerfield. "My wife and I were happy for 20 years then, we met." 🤣

Welcome to the thread, and it absolutely qualifies. Feel free to comment as much as you'd like. Let us know if you need any help with posting.

Computers come with a big learning curve for Robert too!

UxE3i1p.png
  • Options

UxE3i1p.png

I love the ongoing saga of Robert and Ellle - such a pretty couple and hey, just a little dysfunctional. 😄

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options

UxE3i1p.png

I love the ongoing saga of Robert and Ellle - such a pretty couple and hey, just a little dysfunctional. 😄

I think "dysfunctional" is putting it lightly. lol. It is like a mini soap opera.
    If you have any good forum gossip I can use for my next one, private message me. *wink*

4001B1h.png
  • Options
    If you have any good forum gossip I can use for my next one, private message me. *wink*

If there’s gossip on the forums I’m not privy to it, lol. Even my sims aren’t gossiping. I don’t get any funny little tidbits anymore when they gossip. I might need to get the ‘gossip about neighborhood stories mod’. 😄

Crime Alert!

O5lSBr6.png

Elle seems like she might have the high maintenance trait. 😄

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2022

If there’s gossip on the forums I’m not privy to it, lol. Even my sims aren’t gossiping. I don’t get any funny little tidbits anymore when they gossip. I might need to get the ‘gossip about neighborhood stories mod’. 😄

Crime Alert!

O5lSBr6.png

Elle seems like she might have the high maintenance trait. 😄

High maintenance? Robert would certainly say so. lol

nuFl9EN.png

EDIT: While I'm being so pretentious, let me show you guys where the Mon Amour family live. This is technically an edited screenshot with the added text.

This is my first build. It's located in the French Quater of New Orleans. It has five bedrooms, a wood paneled study for Robert, a playroom for Jack, and a large swimming pool. Livin' the good life in the Sims4. lol

ys7GiED.png
  • Options
    This is my first build. It's located in the French Quater of New Orleans. It has five bedrooms, a wood paneled study for Robert, a playroom for Jack, and a large swimming pool. Livin' the good life in the Sims4. lol

ys7GiED.png

Wow, gorgeous house! I’m lovin’ the limo out front. 😄
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,911 Member
    Crime Alert!

O5lSBr6.png

I feel like Elle would have a secret way to instantly know that this truly happened.
  • Options
    edited September 2022

ys7GiED.png

Wow, gorgeous house! I’m lovin’ the limo out front. 😄

Thank you. We bought an expensive limousine but have no one to drive it.
    We spent all that money and have nothing to chauffeur it.

YgamLfj.png
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Crime Alert!

O5lSBr6.png

I feel like Elle would have a secret way to instantly know that this truly happened.

She did! It involved scotch tape and strands of hair attached to every piece of furniture she owns. 😂

xusiTKK.png

Hey guys... this is becoming the Elle Mon Amour Show. Share your pics and show off your skills!
  • Options

Well, the Elle Mon Amour Show is a good show, so. 😄

I haven’t had a chance to play around with anything new, but I could post another oldie… when I made this, I was just checking out some new CC in-game and got carried away, lol.
    eyAxJVN.jpg
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    Well, the Elle Mon Amour Show is a good show, so. 😄

I haven’t had a chance to play around with anything new, but I could post another oldie… when I made this, I was just checking out some new CC in-game and got carried away, lol.
    eyAxJVN.jpg

Aww, thanks.
    Wow... I can't make anything artistic like that. I can't even figure out how you did that. That's so cool!

• Options
    If I'm to go on with the show, I've got to find some more material. Let's see...

HdKlUeZ.png
  • Options

Lol, Elle is good with a pun. 😄

Over the years I’ve collected a HUGE assortment of photo editing programs and apps. I think this one started with a phone app filter and then moved into Photoshop where I beat it half to death with a variety of plug-ins. 😉
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    Lol, Elle is good with a pun. 😄

Over the years I’ve collected a HUGE assortment of photo editing programs and apps. I think this one started with a phone app filter and then moved into Photoshop where I beat it half to death with a variety of plug-ins. 😉

Oh, I see. I thought you must have painstakingly worked on each individual square. I think it's got a really cool 70's vibe.