Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help me find what is packing the weight on my Sim/s!

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,899 Member
-Coffee ?
-Eggs on Toast (which they eat a lot)
- Occasional vendor food, from the city
- Bar drinks
- A bit of a bug which just means Sims are getting bigger now... ?
- Who knows? (i.e. you haven't a clue either, lol)

One thing it isn't, cake. My Sims haven't lived long enough or with big enough families to have birthdays.

Comments

• Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    TLDR the calorie system in TS4 is messed up because sims don't have a base metabolism and most foods don't take the into account. There is a mod that reduces weight gain to stop this getting so bad, among other stuff, also stops sims losing gains from exercise so fast, Fitness Controls by Roburky https://roburky.itch.io/sims4-fitness. If you are on console there are some foods without a calorie value which help prevent weight gain, Carl's Sims 4 Guide has a list of them.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited September 2022
    Go easy on the Lobster Thermidor.

EDIT
    Joking aside, my Sims don't really seem to struggle with weight gain. I do tend to have decent gardens with almost all of my Sims, so they carry around good quality fruit and veg. They will polish off an apple or mushroom if their hunger bar is edging towards yellow (when I tell them to). It's actually handy because it gives you that +2 or +3 moodlet "gift from nature" for a while.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,935 Member
    Of the items on your list the one that jumps out to me is the vendor food. Fitness and wellness skill, and sims performing those activities is huge in preventing weight gain. In my main save I have two sims that are chefs and one that isn't a chef but loves to cook, and they are all active and skinny. I allow them to eat whatever they want, I don't do anything with their diet, and they don't gain weight. In fact one of the chefs, Summer, is stick figure thin even though she eats anything and everything because she autonomously goes jogging frequently. She's so skinny at times I'm tempted to give her weight slider a bit of a nudge.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,417 Member
    Eggs on toast and bar drinks are probably the culprit. It also doesn't have to be cake and sweets for them to get fat, just food that the games considers junk food. Coffee is junk food. Also, lack of regular exercise is a big contributor. I usually take my fat sims to a restaurant and let them have diet icecream for desert and it helps a lot with managing their weight.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
    Eggs on toast, vendor food, and bar drinks will do it for sure.
    What are your sims' exercise habits? That matters a lot.
  • Options
    Thanks folks. I guess she had a richer diet than I thought at first. :D Regina will swim, jog and play basketball. She’s not inactive, especially once I got the Private Practice notification she was showing signs of being overweight. Bummer about the eggs on toast. Seems a regular sort of breakfast to me, given the options. Maybe I will download that Fitness Controls…
  • Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    University is also a main culprit for weight gain
  • Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    Of the items on your list the one that jumps out to me is the vendor food. Fitness and wellness skill, and sims performing those activities is huge in preventing weight gain. In my main save I have two sims that are chefs and one that isn't a chef but loves to cook, and they are all active and skinny. I allow them to eat whatever they want, I don't do anything with their diet, and they don't gain weight. In fact one of the chefs, Summer, is stick figure thin even though she eats anything and everything because she autonomously goes jogging frequently. She's so skinny at times I'm tempted to give her weight slider a bit of a nudge.

just let her eat some weight of the world ice cream once or twice :D
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

I’ve found that if my sims eat even two full meals a day (food they made themselves) they start plumping up, even if it’s just garden salads! They waste food now - as soon as they’re getting near to a full green bar, I have them stop and throw the rest away. They’re staying fit but they have to empty the garbage a lot more often. If they’re gardeners, they just eat the fresh produce in their inventory and they never have weight problems.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Sims are a creature of habit. If you are playing rotationally, make sure when you are playing them you make sure they go jogging once a day for a week or so, then ( unless it’s broken ) they should continue to do that when you rotate away.

Regular salad and fruit salad are pretty low calorie things to eat …….

Also don’t feed your sims till they get in the yellow.

Like someone else mentioned, the weight loss ice cream works well. You can even use if in a restaurant.and bring a townie and have them eat it as well if you want them to lose weight.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,935 Member
    aujineh wrote: »

just let her eat some weight of the world ice cream once or twice :D

You know, I don't think I've ever bought any of my sims an ice cream maker. A popcorn maker a couple of times. Lots of coffee and tea makers too, but never an ice cream maker.
  • Options
    Quick question then, since the ice cream has come up as a solution and I bought the kitchen stuff pack recently; does the ice cream immediately slim them down like the reward potion? That makes the rather skinny…. Or is the ice cream more gradual/subtle?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,417 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Quick question then, since the ice cream has come up as a solution and I bought the kitchen stuff pack recently; does the ice cream immediately slim them down like the reward potion? That makes the rather skinny…. Or is the ice cream more gradual/subtle?

It's gradual. Depending on how fat they are, it takes two or three servings to see some results.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    It's in the water...

I guess the big sinner is eating just anything while your sim is not hungry. Exercising might help. I read that Yoga might help, too.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg