Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone know a fix or workaround for plant maturity reset?

StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
My game currently has the glitch where harvestable garden plants completely reset to tiny piles of dirt every morning if I don't get them harvested before like 7 am. My gardener sim in this household is also in the chef career and currently she works until 2 am. It's incredibly inconvenient to require her to wake up 3 hours later to quickly harvest before the plants all glitch.

Just wondering if anyone knows a workaround for this bug other than getting them harvested in time? Even a mod solution would be fine with me. I searched the internet and I found a lot of discussion of the bug, so I know I'm not alone experiencing it....what I didn't find is any solution, mods or otherwise, except making sure they get harvested quickly after they are ready.

P.S. I also know I can use testingcheats to set them back to mature one-by-one. I'm hoping for a more global solution rather than one-plant-at-a-time. Also, repairing the game and deleting caches doesn't help with this particular glitch.
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Bienchen made an eco footprint mod to address this. I don't know if it fixes the bug in all situations.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18011322/#Comment_18011322
  • Options
    Thank you SO MUCH for your response! I already use several of her mods but the slower eco footprint mod, on her mod page, makes no mention of it having an effect on anything other than the rate of eco footprint change, so I wasn't aware that it was a possible fix. I will try it.

That thread you also linked is a gold mine of information too, and it's not one of the many, many forum and reddit posts I did read when I was googling this issue. It's possible I can resolve my problem just by removing the Great Soil lot trait too.

I have a few things to try now, thanks to you. Many blessings to you for your help!
  • Options
    Yeah it's not every day you get Bienchen, LittleMsSam and crinrict all on the same thread trying to chase down a bug!

Also gives a little window into how complicated it must be to test and fix bugs that appear in different sets of conditions, only some of the time but not all the time, etc.
  • Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    Carl has recently tackled this one - https://www.patreon.com/posts/fertilize-all-60164381

"Update 0.31:
    This update fixes the dirt piles issue from Eco Lifestyle. Hopefully plants won't go back to dirt. Thanks to Bienchen (modder) who made a detailed post on the why's of the issue I think I fixed it."

Not sure if it's a public post or Patreon only.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Sadly, @VenomousFiligree, it looks to be patrons only. Still, I very much appreciate your response.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @mightysprite, it looks like that mod you suggested has resolved the problem for me. I have gone through two complete day-night cycles since adding the mod and not a single plant has reverted. Before using it, it was happening 100% of the time to 100% of the harvestable plants every day at 7 am.

Thank you for saving my gardener's sanity!
  • Options
    Hooray!

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    For those that don’t use mods like me, someone suggested running through 7 am at a fast speed.
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    For those that don’t use mods like me, someone suggested running through 7 am at a fast speed.

I saw that in the thread she linked as well. I'm pretty sure it didn't work for me; my game is always on fast speed when all sims are asleep and the plants all reset quite a few times when everyone was asleep.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Im pretty sure the complete garden reset at 7 am is caused by the broken "great soil" lot trait. If you remove it, that should mostly fix it.
    Unfortunately this isn't the only plant resetting issue we currently have, but it has an easy workaround.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    SandyLee149SandyLee149 Posts: 65 Member
    This has been an ongoing issue for what....2 or 3 years?? EA should be ashamed. Yall are making money on these packs and don't seem concerned about this bug, which is not small. Fix the problem or stop taking money for a game with known problems. Shame on you.