Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plants are still reverting. :(

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    That's weird, @Kimmer. I never had any harvestables disappear except for foxes stealing them.

@logion and @somewhsome: There's an answerHQ thread on the exact issue here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Plant-reverts-to-dirt-pile-Sim-is-on-different-lot-on/m-p/10516235#M189665

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    So far, all plants planted after the latest patch are not reverting...
  • Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    I have two money trees on my lot. I'll get two maybe three days of harvest from them before they randomly revert back to seed.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited August 2021
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    @Kimmer Did you check the household inventory? Just in case. I know it doesn't make sense for them to go there unless moving but it has happened to me. I just don't have the plants reverting bug. Thank goodness.
    I found the harvest in the household inventory. I should've checked in there. Thanks again for the help. :)
    Although... they shouldn't go in there at all if they're not even harvested. When I played today I manage to harvest before they disappeared. I wonder if there is a certain time when the harvestables go to household inventory if they're not harvested before it. This all with the reverting plants is so confusing. Gardening is not fun anymore.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    That's weird, @Kimmer. I never had any harvestables disappear except for foxes stealing them.

@logion and @somewhsome: There's an answerHQ thread on the exact issue here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Plant-reverts-to-dirt-pile-Sim-is-on-different-lot-on/m-p/10516235#M189665

Ah, thanks!
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    @Kimmer Did you check the household inventory? Just in case. I know it doesn't make sense for them to go there unless moving but it has happened to me. I just don't have the plants reverting bug. Thank goodness.
    I found the harvest in the household inventory. I should've checked in there. Thanks again for the help. :)
    Although... they shouldn't go in there at all if they're not even harvested. When I played today I manage to harvest before they disappeared. I wonder if there is a certain time when the harvestables go to household inventory if they're not harvested before it. This all with the reverting plants is so confusing. Gardening is not fun anymore.

You are very welcome. I agree its a pain. I try to harvest now as soon as all are ready just to avoid the household inventory. It does make it less fun having to do that. You have me curious if its a time thing or a leaving the lot thing. Might have to go test that out.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    That's weird, Kimmer. I never had any harvestables disappear except for foxes stealing them.

logion and somewhsome: There's an answerHQ thread on the exact issue here:

Thank you.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,421 Member
    I'm fairly sure by now that the main issue (beneath the buggy fertilizing) actually is the growth commodity. There's a missing value in that which doesn't let plants remember the growth state they had in some situations (the line <T n="_use_stat_value_on_init">True</T> was missing in the initial_tuning, I already mentioned that earlier). I've added the fixed commodity to my sims4me_slowerecofootprintchange_mainfile by now. I'm not quite sure what effect the possible error in the commodity_gardening_evolution has on the issue, but I changed that as well and didn't notice any problems or weird issue since, so I also included that commodity change (maximum auto satisfy time was weirdly set to "0", I set that to the more common "1440" (that is 1 day).

What I discovered is that the avoided the fertilizing bug in the tuning for the giant crops - it's scripted though, otherwise I would have already adapted the system for fertilizing the other crops. It should not be a problem though for EA to adapt the same changes to fertilizing regular crops. The phython code that calles for the gardening_fertilize_picker and Gardening_Fertilize_continuation tuning needs to be changed so that the picked fertilizer is unavailable for another interaction (the same already also works for ingredients when you choose a cooking interaction that needs ingredients by the way. The moment you pick the cook fruit salad option, the fruit your Sim intends to take for that interaction is no longer visible in his personal inventory.)

Also there are the eco footprint loots for which I already explained in detail what's wrong with those.

If these things are fixed by EA, there's a good chance that changes to the object file of each gardening plant won't even be necessary. This is a good thing as that would have been especially tedious, while the fixes above are rather quick if you know what has to be done (finding the problems wasn't that quick).

@83bienchen I turn off the eco footprints in my games using the toggle. Am I able to use your slowerecofootprint mod just for the commodity changes? Or do the eco footprints have to be turned on?
    You are completely fine to use it with eco footprints turned off. My daughter always plays with eco footprints turned off, there are no problems. I would even consider that mod to be more crucial if you are playing with eco footprint turned off as you then constantly get the loot for neutral eco footprint because that is the default and only one once you disable eco footprint in your game.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    After my Sims Teleport down the stairs they have big bowl of dirt. If you eat all your dirt you get a side of Grubs or Crickets.
  • Gamerbunny19Gamerbunny19 Posts: 1 New Member
    My plants and trees revert back to dirt mounds at exactly 7am in-game time, even while they are in season.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    @Gamerbunny19 I don’t remember if it was on this post or another one but some one mentioned making sure you go through 7 am on second or third speed not first speed, also they mentioned taking the good soll lot trait off the lot. I did run my game from 6:30 to about 9 on fast speed, last time and it didn’t revert. Unfortunately, this is a complicated bug so I save often. Sometimes going off lot or going into CAS will cause a revert too so I suggest saving before either thing in case you have to restart your game. I also harvest often..
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited November 2021
    My plants and trees revert back to dirt mounds at exactly 7am in-game time, even while they are in season.

The post mentioned by @SheriSim57 was mine. It can be found here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17987709#Comment_17987709

The majority of my Sim's garden recently reverted to dirt piles at 7 a.m. when I added the "great soil" lot trait to the lot. I suspect that the lot trait is broken, and while I do not think that it is the sole cause for the plant revert glitch, it appears to exacerbate the issue. So, if you are currently using the "great soil" lot trait in your game, I would remove it. So far, post-removal of the "great soil" trait, I have not had any reoccurrances of the revert glitch.

As mentioned by SheriSim57, when I was testing my glitched save & reloading it, I did notice that using speed 2 or 3 (with the "great soil" trait still on the lot) seemed to prevent the plants from reverting at 7 a.m. So, if you want to use the "great soil" trait, or if you are experiencing the revert glitch without the trait active on your lot, using speed 2 or 3 during the early morning hours might help.
  • LyssandriLyssandri Posts: 33 Member
    > @Monet11 said:
    > @83bienchen I turn off the eco footprints in my games using the toggle. Am I able to use your slowerecofootprint mod just for the commodity changes? Or do the eco footprints have to be turned on?

@83bienchen Where can I find your mod?
  • Samie1726Samie1726 Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes, I am still having this bug.
  • oolongteadrinkeroolongteadrinker Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Samie1726 said:
    > Yes, I am still having this bug.

yes, despite EA saying they fixed it, the bug persists exactly as it had in 2021 (I never noticed if I had it in 2020 because I didn't play that year)
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I'd been lucky in the past not having to deal so much with this bug, but my newest save that's got a heavy focus on gardening is afflicted with this bug. I have to save pretty much before the beginning of each sim day as there's a 50/50 chance some or all plants in the garden will revert to dirt piles in the morning, usually around the time the bunnies show up. Once I exit without saving it usually behaves after restarting, but it usually reoccurs every other day. There was a time I could play straight through a sim week or two without having to worry about bugs or the game crashing.
    :(
  • tommelisatommelisa Posts: 3 New Member
    I had just saved so when this happened to me I exited to the main menu without saving and then resumed. After repeating quit and resume a couple of times when they reverted again I think I discovered something. It seems I already had things to harvest before the 5am blossoming so when I harvested those it was around 4:30, immediately after at 5am, they all blossomed and did NOT revert. I'm thinking maybe the plants had reverted previously because of unharvested fruits and flowers being on the plants when the plants tried to bloom. ??? idk but thats what seemed to make a difference for me in this case.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    I just entered my lemon tree farm, and all trees were gone... sigh. I use cheats to get them back, but it means a couple days without any harvest. Aaaand some wasted gaming time to fix the problem. In my game this problem has been a bit come and go, but I have not seen it as often lately, giving me the impression that i returned with one of the previous patches.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SandyLee149SandyLee149 Posts: 65 Member
    edited October 2022
  • TrevsmeTrevsme Posts: 1 New Member
    V 1.94.147.1030
    all my garden reverts to dirt when I logout for the day, or play another house. Often also when i just visit another lot. Odly enough, i can see my neighbor has a healthy garden all the time, until that is, i play the neibor. So I guess Its always when i RETURN to a lot.
    happens with mod enabled and disabled, no addons
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    edited January 2023
    Yes, I had my Sim finally tend to his garden to find the Apple tree, he harvested, a day or so ago, back in the dirt stage. Oi! How are my Sims (especially those in my ancestral save) supposed to survive? They didn't exactly have grocery stores in the 18th century. You kinda had to grow your own, or starve!. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I have now started using the testingcheats cheat to keep my plants fully grown and not little heaps of dirt.

You use the testingcheats true cheat for this to work

Shift click on your little dirt pile and select the set gardening state option
    U8DizAw.png

Then select growth stage
    9IRgbzv.png

I select blossoming in the next option, but if you only want your plant and not fruits or flowers then you can select mature
    T456WBh.png

and tada your dirt heap is once again a plant
    qOOlEhN.png
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I have long given up hope of this ever being fixed. I love for my sims to have a well-stocked garden of produce they can use use to cook with but the harvests are limited due to the plants always reverting to dirt piles. I have totally given up on money trees. It is a waste of 5000 aspiration points. My favourite career to play is the scientist career but we haven't been able to grow plants in the lab since the big gardening overhaul around the time of Seasons. :(