Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2022
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    Get rid of vacation worlds. The Sims 4 has progressed past the "need" for vacation worlds, and they should not have been a thing in the first place. We have vacation lot types now, it's good enough. Free the vacation worlds. Yes, even Granite Falls, but especially Selvadorada.

Just thinking about this because I saw someone on twitter mention how Selvadorada should definitely be livable. Because people live there. People live in very similar-looking places in real life. So WHY is it only a tourist destination in this game?? Why can't sims live there permanently?
    This same type of othering occurred with Sims 3 World Adventures too. It's not good.

I very much agree with this. There should be no more vacation worlds.

Vacation-only worlds have existed throughout the franchise. They lend credence to the idea that people who live in so-called vacation destinations only exist in order to serve the tourists and to provide local "color". It's not good.

ETA: TS3 handled things better. Players still can't live in vacation worlds. However, they can buy homes there, the locals have their own homes and lives, they can be visited, and they will also visit the player's home world. Yet, I'd still prefer if the idea of vacation world was done away with altogether.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    EvvieSimmerEvvieSimmer Posts: 134 Member
    My unpopular opinion is that I hate clutter in my house builds. Wayyyy too much visual noise for my eyes, it's gotta be clean!
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    They lend credence to the idea that people who live in so-called vacation destinations only exist in order to serve the tourists and to provide local "color". It's not good.

I've been hoping they get rid of the vacation worlds concept for some time now because there is no logic to it. People, regular human beings, live in places like that, why can't my sim.
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I've seen some people ask for preteens but I don't really see the use in having em. But I do agree the sudden jump from child to teen is jarring.
    Instead of preteens they should just make the teens look like teens and not YA... problem solved imho

• Options
    KadaveraKadavera Posts: 12 New Member
    Call me old fashioned, but I hate that when I play a female sim, I always have to initiate the first kiss, the asking to be boyfriend/girlfriend and it just breaks my heart to always watch my females go down on one knee for the proposal. Just once (okay... more than once) I'd like to see the male (or the other sim in the relationship) take the initiative. It would be such a romantic surprise.

And the sad thing is that I have installed mods that claim to make this happen but it never does.
  • Options
    LeccaLecca Posts: 126 Member
    Kadavera wrote: »
    Call me old fashioned, but I hate that when I play a female sim, I always have to initiate the first kiss, the asking to be boyfriend/girlfriend and it just breaks my heart to always watch my females go down on one knee for the proposal. Just once (okay... more than once) I'd like to see the male (or the other sim in the relationship) take the initiative. It would be such a romantic surprise.

And the sad thing is that I have installed mods that claim to make this happen but it never does.

If you have MCCC you can have the sim you are romancing initiate these actions using the “control” function in the mccc menu. May not be the surprise you were hoping for but allows you to have the other sim do the asking. :blush:
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I really don't care about a new gameplay in Sims 4. I prefer to make up my own gameplay to whatever household & timeline I'm playing. I only buy a new pack mostly for what CAS, Objects & Worlds could help my households.
    For example:
    I bought MWS for the beautiful Tartosa. <3
    I bought Werewolves for the obvious occult. :p
    I bought HSY for the many cool & beautiful build objects & CAS. ;)
  • Options
    KadaveraKadavera Posts: 12 New Member
    > @SERVERFRA said:
    > I really don't care about a new gameplay in Sims 4. I prefer to make up my own gameplay to whatever household & timeline I'm playing. I only buy a new pack mostly for what CAS, Objects & Worlds could help my households.
    > For example:
    > I bought MWS for the beautiful Tartosa. <3
    > I bought Werewolves for the obvious occult. :p
    > I bought HSY for the many cool & beautiful build objects & CAS. ;)

I also was thinking of buying HSY just for the build objects
    I bought Cats & Dogs for the rugs.
    I bought Decorator & Paranormal for the build objects
    I have bought packs and I don't remember why but I know I've never played them. Like Knitting, Toddlers and Parenthood

I never play families in the Sims 4 like I did in the Sims 3. As soon as my sims get married and decide to have a baby, I put them into the "other households" and move on to the next.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I'm kind of tired of so many expansion packs, game packs, stuff pack, and kits being released without being fully tested.
    One it is ends up being pack fatigue, but also if one still has bugs, they show another pack like "ooh, look at this shiny new pack/kit!"
    Two the packs seem to be only use base game, so when all the packs are included, it causes the game to freak out.
    I have a the Incheon Arrival kit, and one of the stylized looks you click on for the outfit actually changes my Sim into the one wearing the outfit as well.
    I would rather wait for a pack to get tested than released right away, because half-tested packs lead us to bugs and a game that can't be played.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member
    The makeup in CAS is a total disaster and needs to be redone. I feel bad for vanilla simmers because they have nothing, aside from the MAC items, that isn't cringeworthy. Too much of it is not only poor quality it's nothing that anybody would wear except maybe at a costume party or a rave. The CAS assets recently in both the packs and kits show that the team can make high quality items even though their imagination is far too limited. Stop with the crop tops and high water pants, and start making high quality makeup and a few pairs of proper skinny jeans. Or at least some jeans that don't look like they're 3 sizes too big.

You know what else is as bad as the makeup? Heels and boots. What's in the game is unusable for anything other than a sim that's being uploaded to the gallery. Every one of my sims in game has cc makeup and footwear. The exception to that is sneakers and gym shoes which have improved so much recently that I don't use cc versions nearly as much as I used to. When I do use cc for that it's only for added variety or because I remember a shoe that has a swatch that pairs well with a particular outfit.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I don't miss stuff packs or want them to return :#
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    1. We need more skin tones. Most of the undertones are horrific.
    2. There needs to be an option to set genetics in CAS. Maybe I want my sims to have dyed blue hair or violet contact lenses but not pass it down to their kids 😒
    3. CAS needs more relationship options (boyfriend/girlfriend, grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousin at least).
    4. The game needs to recognize and appropriately label step parents/siblings.
    5. We need preteens. They can be the same size as kids, I don’t care but give them different aspirations, traits, allow them to have more interactions with objects than kids but less than teens (like allowing their cooking skill to reach 3 or giving them a small easy to cook menu).
    6. There needs to be a school pack for children.
    7. There also needs to be a hobby pack.
    8. There’s no need for open worlds if we don’t have cars and vice versa.
    9. Sims should be able to have multiple jobs (ex: one full time job M-F and maybe babysitting on the weekend).
    10. There needs to be an entire game pack for foodies. Dine out does not count.
  • Options
    I really don't care about playing Proms, High School or Weddings. To me they are so boring. :/
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @QueenSaraphine I agree with you. I want to "Play With Life" as Sims 4 was advertised, with me controlling my sims and guiding them through their lives according to the storyline I have in mind. I really have enjoyed my Sims 4 and don't want to stop playing. I haven't been happy with the sims' constant attractions to items that cause them to drop the actions I give them. Now it seems to be worse, especially with the phones. I couldn't believe it when I read that the camera automatically goes to a sim not even in your household, who is simply changing their phone cover! I haven't been playing because of the bugs, but some of the new features really are concerning as well.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2022
    I don't get people complaining about the base game going free as they paid 40 bucks for it years ago.. It's been 8 years. The majority of games released that long ago sell for 3-10 bucks now because that's how things go, and this base game has been going on sale for 5 bucks on a pretty much monthly basis for years anyway. I get the disappointment if someone bought it fairly recently not on sale, but I don't see what difference it makes really if eight years down the line it's being sold for nothing or next to nothing
  • Options
    Amen to that.
  • Options
    Blue_Jay_2003Blue_Jay_2003 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm not sure if this is an "unpopular opinion" but I really feel as if there should be more jobs that you can go to, like get to work, instead of the main 3 (doctor, scientist, and police)
  • Options
    NeganTheSaviorUSNeganTheSaviorUS Posts: 6 New Member
    8 YEARS LATER

The sims 4 pass free, very good. The sims 5 will arrive soon I imagine, in 1 year or 2.

But there are still so many basic things present in the other sims that have yet to be added to the sims 4 !
    At least the thieves, real babies, being able to Cuddle on the bed, being able to READ A BOOK while lying on the bed ! Cars, 🤔🤔🤔🤔 it all still not possible after 8 years ! And these are the basics !
    They would dare to stop the sims 4 without it, knowing that the community has been asking for it (rightly) from the start?

And I'm the only one to be surprised that it's only in the sims 4 that you can't cuddle your partner while lying on the bed, or read a book or chat with?
    Already they added the possibility of relaxing on a bed 7 years later...
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I might have actually said this before, but meh....I don't care about babies, and would not play with them more if they were "real" sims. Only time I didn't age them up immediately after birth is when doing the "Proud Parent" scenario right now. Had to interact with the baby 9 times. Soon as that was done, click bassinet and Age up. Its such a boring life stage, all they do is eat/sleep/poop. I can't think of anything that would make them more interesting.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    EA should limit or get rid of accessibility to mod the game. Push EA into taking accountability over what they release when modders wouldn't be able to fix their mistakes.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    I still like Sims 4 after 8 years & I'm very happy that my PC rejects all mods. I no longer wish I had mods. I'm quite happy with my vanilla thank you very much. I enjoy using my Sims 4 vanilla cheat codes for my play & the glitches that are still in the game is still way, way better than my poor Sims 3. ;)
  • Options
    storymingstoryming Posts: 28 Member
    > @HowGreatThouArt said:
    > I don't enjoy torturing my Sims and usually give them great lives. :#

I'm not an experienced enough gamer to give my Sim a great life (especially without resorting to cheats), but I don't really understand why people like to torture and kill off their Sims. I mean, if that's what they enjoy, I don't mean to sound judgey, I just don't get it.
  • Options
    storymingstoryming Posts: 28 Member
    > @luxsylvan said:
    > Sorry, I worded that badly. I don't mean they should all be in the base game or anything, I'm fine with more detailed game packs. I mean when changes are made to how occults behave in the game in order to appease players who bought the pack despite not liking that style of play. Like really rare alien abductions and pregnancy (though that one is a little harder because of the nature of get to work) and vampires not breaking in (that was cool, I liked it).

As with most debatable things, I would say that this is something the player should be able to either access or turn off according to their gameplay preference.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top