Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could twins be my ‘perfect Sim’?

I have been searching (and searching) for a perfect Sim and a perfect game. Not in a ‘happily ever after’ sort of way, but one that offers just enough challenge and joy balanced. One that is micromanaged, but not TOO much.

I have been wanting a Sim like I know many players have. The can’t bear to part with sort (or at least missed while family carries on). Think @GalaticGal ‘s Erik Cantrell {and relatives}

I’ve got a new Sim (again) that I’m pretty pleased with. Have been contemplating for a few days giving her a younger sibling to look after so I can play the high school thing right away. Haven’t decided for sure if I want them to live in Henford on Bagley (bit of a farmer/outdoorsy sort).
I think part of the problem is that new Sims have no roots. They have no friends, no coworkers, no established hobbies, no family beyond what you make…

Anyway I have been wondering if I made my Lauren a twin, then they can cover a wider range of aspirations and hobbies. Plus their (hopefully get there) families would be intertwined. Besides whenever I wrote stories pre-Sims (many many moons ago) my main ‘character’ was always a set of twins.

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I think you should follow your heart. And thanks for the shout out for Erik. :) I created him as part of Brianna's backstory to make her a more well-rounded character. Now, he doesn't steal her scenes in my mini-series, so that's why I've given him a lead in the Sims.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I know exactly what you mean with finding that perfect sim. I had that with my Westbrook family and it seems like I have it with my Xlavador family.

I've found, that for me, I usually stick with a household when unexpected things happen to them, rather than things I plan out. Mods help tremendously with that.

I'm going to agree with GalacticGal, follow your heart. If you think twins will help keep you invested, then do it. Also, as far as relationships, you could always cheat some so they're not starting out completely fresh.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    I have an ultimate sim - he's my favorite and I usually get very bored when I don't play him even though I've done most everything with him. What I was doing just prior to this last patch was had my sim finally reach the point that he had maxed out everything and finished all the aspirations. He's a spellcaster so I had him cast the duplicato spell and created his twin brother that has all the same traits/rewards, etc. Now I can use him to start a new family in one of the worlds and both branches of the tree can carry on. Granted, I won't open that save for anything at this point with all the issues going on but I was having fun letting one be the good twin and the other a little more rotten.

Right now I am just playing 'throwaway saves' as the next round of fixes may not work for existing save files - then I am planning to start over with twins from the beginning and just make very different choices for both. But I won't put any time into those type games until the game is in better shape than it is currently.