Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want preteens or not *Note* (I do respect everyone opinion)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Yes
    I voted Yes because of the jarring transition from Child to Teen in the game when I was able to play it before. I wish there was something in between so it wouldn't be so much of an age gap. There are a lot of gameplay and other features that could be added in a GamePack for them. I realize this could take a lot of work to add in animations, etc. but the game would benefit from it.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    I don’t mind
    i do not mind since i play with aging fully turn off and do not let my sims age
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,360 Member
    No
    I mean, would I mind if there were pre-teens in Sims 5? Not at all.

If they were added to Sims 4, do I expect them to have more support than Children or Toddlers? No. Do I expect people to spend a lot of time (justly) complaining about how they don't get any support? Yes. Do I think that Pre-teen development will take away from Children and toddlers getting more support in the future? Possibly. Do I want to come to the forums and see people complaining about the whole mess? There's already enough people are complaining about, don't need to add more to it.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I don’t mind
    It's true, though. All I know is people complain about fears and wants- myself included. If they do this, it can't be half-butted.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    Nope. There is nothing unique about preteens they can't add to children or teens.
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Yes
    Pre-teens and Mid Adults!
  • Options
    tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    edited August 2022
    Probably
    I wouldn't mind preteens being added. I would want them mostly for the height difference.
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Yes
    I don't play with kids in my game currently, but if I ever did, I would want more life-stages. For the sense of completion I would like pre-teens. I don't like how they jump from kid to teen and suddenly they are so much bigger. I would like pre-teen &/or tween stages. I would also like more life stages for adults. Like middle-age before they reach elderly.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    No
    They should rather flesh out the current life stages before even thinking about adding a new one.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,101 Member
    No
    I feel kids already are more or less preteen in game. They look and act like ten-year olds. I feel the jump between toddler and child is greater in that respect, but I don't mind that either. I would want more to do with kids and teens however, especially kids.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,718 Member
    I'm not sure what a "preteen" would be in game terms? How would they be different from a Child or from a Teen? I will freely grant that, in the real world, there is a lot of difference between a 5 year old and a 1 year old. There is also a lot of different between a 13 year old and an 18 year old. I'm just not sure how the game would express that.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,333 Member
    Maybe
    Instead of creating a new life stage. They could have it to where your sims new height overlaps between children and teens or toddler and kids. For example your children growing taller in the middle of their child life stage. They remain that same height until their growth spurt. Maybe they could acknowledge growing taller without it having to be their birthday.

I don't mind adults being the same height but I think children should have more heights to them. It would look better when you have lots of children in the household of supposedly different ages.
  • Options
    ForbiddenOrgansForbiddenOrgans Posts: 19 Member
    Yes
    I think it's utterly inane that child sims look like they're ~8 years old and then, when they age up, all teens look like they're 16 or so. If we can have high school, then why not middle school? There just needs to be some sort of in between because, right now, the jump from child to teen feels a lot like when the game first launched in 2014 without toddlers and how jarring it would be for a sim to go straight from baby to child.
  • Options
    AnimangaGirlAnimangaGirl Posts: 12 New Member
    No
    I'm sorry I just don't see the point of having pre teens. Now with Highschool I thing the teens are improved a little no? I'm not sure cuz I don't have the pack but I hope the teens now have acne xD I would enjoy is more children stuff like why cant my children do gymnastics? like ballet, running, jump rope. I think children should be able to craft too maybe craft with parents?