Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game is really broken still...

Hi, i know this is meant to go on the report bugs forum but i haven't had a response there and i am desperate-my game is still broken after the update. My sims cannot meet anyone-when the introduce themselves the new person they have just met does not save to their relationship panel. It jumps and lags a lot when i try and get them to introduce themselves. The relationships the sims already have remain stagnant and they cannot increase or decrease. Also i have to click on an object 3-4 times before the sim will do the action and often they just won't do it at all?

What could this be? I have looked through all my mods-they are up to date. I just don't know how to fix this-could anyone help please?

I have also done a repair and it is still not working.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    @EdithV Do a 50-50 to find broken mods that weren't reported broken or updated.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    @EdithV Do a 50-50 to find broken mods that weren't reported broken or updated.

thank you, how do i do that?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,153 Member
    I learned the hard way that it's important to uninstall mods before a big update---any one of them can break an update.

Having said that, this latest one was far more buggy than usual. I've deleted all mods, installed the new update and even did a couple of game repairs; school still doesn't start in my games
  • Options
    Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    edited August 2022
    I uninstalled the game, completely removed every file I found with Sims content, restarted my computer, installed the game again, I have installed no mods and the game is lagging and freezing, when I entered the gallery my game glitched and froze. When I finally managed to get everything running again, I dropped a lot from the gallery down and am met with a black screen.

I'm not so sure all this breaking is due to mods, especially when I am running on a clean install. Getting in to play is like Russian roulette for me, one minute everything is stable, the next its crashing.

Edit: I forgot to mention I have no save files either, I deleted everything in hopes of having a perfectly clean install that works.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    You guys were right, it was the Nppc mod-thanks so much for all the help :)
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,113 Member
    In my experience, it’s more often than not the mods that cause the problems.

Despite everyone reporting bugs and glitches… I did not experience any bugs or glitches until they started to patch the update.

I haven’t installed the new expansion pack yet, so I haven’t encountered the pack exclusive bugs.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,045 Member

Thank you for the link! That help page has just been flagged to favorites to enable ready access.