Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Violetta wrote: »
    The fact that sims basically already own most of the clothing in the game with CAS. It would be nice if you got your first set of outfits for free when you create a sim, then if you want to change up their outfits at any point, they'd need to buy each item of clothing, pair of shoes, or accessory, or tattoos and piercings. Also would be nice to sell items of clothing you no longer want in your household.

I would LOVE this. We just need more things to do with our simoleans, period...

• Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    All of the above. Sims 4 is just plain out annoying sometimes!
  • Options
    Wholesome_GothWholesome_Goth Posts: 24 Member
    Maybe not that trivial since it can effect a sims day, but it greatly annoys me that a sim can get the sad buff from "witnessing a death" even though that sim was a complete stranger. It should maybe be a different kind of buff for witnessing a random sims death. Or no buff at all would be lovely.
  • Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    Yeah, the dollhouse destruction happens so often that I've stopped buying dollhouses for the children.
    The dollhouses cause the children more pain than pleasure, because it seems that if that the children are always crying over broken dollhouses.

Sims don't have to be evil or mean or hotheaded to destroy them either. Any sim will destroy them when they get angry, including the children that cry when they're broken. I've seen little toddlers go trash the dollhouse and immediately start crying over it.

The "homewrecker" moodlet is funny though.

• Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    Some random sims calling my sim while he/she is sleeping
    Yeah, and if you don't answer it, they don't leave a message.

Most sim calls are unimportant, but I would like them to leave a message if they're callling to relay information (and not to ask a question).

• Options
    ViolettaVioletta Posts: 29 Member
    When my sim's dog poops on the porch and my sim steps in it every single time. Sims in this game are incredibly stupid. Like, the dog goes in the exact same spot every time. You should know by now that it's there lol.

• Options
    ViolettaVioletta Posts: 29 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    When my sim got a "festering grudge" sentiment because her kid son gave her a flower she didn't like as a gift. The son had to apologize to make the mother's sentiment go away, even though he did absolutely nothing wrong.
    I actually guffawed at that. Someone's kid gives them a nice little gift, a very traditional gift too, and she acts like it shot thorns at her eyes or something. I mean, bruh wat? :joy:
    I have had some sims throw a little hissy fit over getting flowers at Love Day but they didn't hold a freaking grudge over it.

Yeah it was ridiculous enough that I got a laugh out of it, but I was also a little annoyed. This is why I don't normally use the "give gift" interactions.

Sims never seem to like the love day flowers/gifts. Even if it's something my sims crafted themselves like a painting or woodwork. I'll probably delete that love day tradition off the calendar.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Maybe not that trivial since it can effect a sims day, but it greatly annoys me that a sim can get the sad buff from "witnessing a death" even though that sim was a complete stranger. It should maybe be a different kind of buff for witnessing a random sims death. Or no buff at all would be lovely.

I would think tense buff would be more suitable. It would be freaky to actually watch, but you don't know them.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Here's something that's been annoying me for a while now and it's that buildings since the release of Seasons are never appropriate for the weather, especially winter. I've now had two proms in the middle of winter and each time my sim and NPC's have had to change out of their formal wear and into their clunky cold weather attire while INSIDE a venue. Like this really shouldn't be a thing.

This isn't just limited to HSY, but ever pack released since Seasons. Like can they please make the Thermostat a basegame update or come as a standard in all rebuild venues? I'm tired of having to constantly edit buildings.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    My sim: pays $30 to enter a novice gaming competition.

Also my sim: drops out of the competition to go be disgusted with disliked decor.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,936 Member

I want my evil Sims to get a buff watching Sims die again like they used to in TS3. Nothing made a random Sim dying in public funnier than watching an evil Sim walk across the lot just to laugh at them and get a positive moodlet.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    An annoyance that Werewolves has brought to the surface, cramped, over-decorated lots. It has long been a problem, lots that are basically just eye candy, they're not livable. Sure they may pass play-testing as far as routing issues, but they're still impossible to live in. The Moonwood Mill builds I'm seeing are gorgeous in the gallery, but once you put it in the game and try to live in it, you just want to scream. Far too many lovely builds for Moonwood suffer because the builder tried to put in as much landscaping as possible, or they try to use all the items in BB in a small house. If a family of four can't occupy any room, other than a bathroom, at the same time comfortably then it needs to be bigger or some decor needs to come out. Less can be even more beautiful than too much if you make good choices on what you use and where you place it. You don't need to empty out BB to make a lovely home.

Especially "Starter homes" that obviously are only meant to be used with money cheats, often because of 345634653 plants and clutter.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    The fact that sims basically already own most of the clothing in the game with CAS. It would be nice if you got your first set of outfits for free when you create a sim, then if you want to change up their outfits at any point, they'd need to buy each item of clothing, pair of shoes, or accessory, or tattoos and piercings. Also would be nice to sell items of clothing you no longer want in your household.

I would LOVE this. We just need more things to do with our simoleans, period...

Ooh heck NO. That's how it used to work in Sims 2 and I HATED HATED HATED it.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    An annoyance that Werewolves has brought to the surface, cramped, over-decorated lots. It has long been a problem, lots that are basically just eye candy, they're not livable. Sure they may pass play-testing as far as routing issues, but they're still impossible to live in. The Moonwood Mill builds I'm seeing are gorgeous in the gallery, but once you put it in the game and try to live in it, you just want to scream. Far too many lovely builds for Moonwood suffer because the builder tried to put in as much landscaping as possible, or they try to use all the items in BB in a small house. If a family of four can't occupy any room, other than a bathroom, at the same time comfortably then it needs to be bigger or some decor needs to come out. Less can be even more beautiful than too much if you make good choices on what you use and where you place it. You don't need to empty out BB to make a lovely home.

Especially "Starter homes" that obviously are only meant to be used with money cheats, often because of 345634653 plants and clutter.

omg, the over-expensive starter homes are starting to drive me bonkers. My family of five (four humans one pet) can only afford the single-bedroom house, because the one with two rooms is too expensive for a new game. The Gurus need to tighten their guidelines on lots/homes made by game-changers. XO
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    AdamBurtSimsAdamBurtSims Posts: 37 Member
    Another one that come latey I give gifts, and some where not happy. One was Yuki I love her but she seem not happy with gifts fouth gift she happy then went to main menu and start from start before I give her a gift same one she happy then she not happy. So angry. This game messing about. Should be happy when gift giving.
    I'm a British Geek who love Bella Goth, Behr sisters, Liberty Lee, Summer Holidays, Pleasant sisters and other Sims wafius/girlfriends. And like his Sims cats.g8pvk4adgueh.jpg
  • Options
    KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    That I made so many teens for the new game and none of them are at the High School. And that you can't work at the high school. It is still a fun game, tho. Got detention on the first day. Not from getting caught pranking the board, but from being late to science class.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited August 2022
    Apparently maxis not putting stereos in premade houses cause due to new wants and testing game in separate save (not playing with my own builds as usual) I realized there ain't bloody stereo anywhere

Do you declare music overrated hmm?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    dearangeldearangel Posts: 4 New Member
    Not being able to automatically set the same makeup for each outfit category- Maybe there is a way to do it that I just haven't found out but it's tedious having to select the same makeup so many times!
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    The light that appears regularly at the upper right of the calendar icon since the last update. Can't make rhyme or reason for it, it's like the Check Engine light on a car's dashboard.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    SimSoonSimSoon Posts: 55 Member
    Yeah I think that should make you scared, unless you're Good
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,933 Member
    When Sims leave their homework book on the floor in random places.
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    Oh god, Teens are still asking unknown adults to prom or to be best friends. I thought this was supposed to be fixed... >.>
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,933 Member
    Oh god, Teens are still asking unknown adults to prom or to be best friends. I thought this was supposed to be fixed... >.>

I think thats part of the neighbourhood stories right (i opted outta that), there alot of stories to fix, and i saw one on twitch last nite.

There was only one emergency patch done, they are still working on the fix/update is my guess at this point !
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    CrazyFrog wrote: »

I think thats part of the neighbourhood stories right (i opted outta that), there alot of stories to fix, and i saw one on twitch last nite.

There was only one emergency patch done, they are still working on the fix/update is my guess at this point !

I have stories turned off though and it's still happening to my game. :-/
  • Options
    Wants and Fears are far too over-tuned imho. My sim will literally get the "fear of dead-end job" the day after they get promoted or even the day after they "resolve" the fear. "Fear of unfulfilled dreams" is also far too common, especially because some of the "wants" take a while to complete and even then, some are bugged so they won't end no matter how many times you have your sim perform the wanted interaction. Wish we could dismiss wants as we could with whims.