Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The stupidity of the Sims is just ASTOUNDING!

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
When they are left to their own devices, the decisions they make just boggles my mind.

The Glass family finally got enough money to landscape around their house. Yesterday I went ahead and gave them some bushes, flowers, trees and put their hot tub on a deck.

They have 3 working toilets in their house, two upsides and one downstairs. And what do they decide to do when I'm not controlling them and letting them be? They decide to go 'fertilize' the bushes outside like they are some kind of uncivilized cave people. Why? Why? Why, EA? Why must you make them stupid??? I don't understand.... And none of them are werewolves.

I think the Sims get dumber each installment.

Comments

• Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    You may want to take a better look at the description of that particular bush.
  • Options
    Obviously lol. I just didn't think the bushes would overwrite the toilet, which they would have to walk right past on their way to the bush.

I'm not putting any more bushes near their house. They are too stupid to have them.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Obviously lol. I just didn't think the bushes would overwrite the toilet, which they would have to walk right past on their way to the bush.

I'm not putting any more bushes near their house. They are too stupid to have them.
    That bush overwrites toilets. :D

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

That bush overwrites toilets. :D

Of course it does. LOL
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    edited August 2022
    My million and a half dollar lot has 8 regular shower stalls and 5 bathtubs (one of the bathtubs is ornate though the others are upgraded too), all in easy reach and spread out across the lot but they always always ALWAYS root for some open shower stalls I installed as a joke in a glass ramshackle house the moment they get smelly, and it's all the way across the lot too!

Especially after they pee themselves and then using those open showers, that's almost a death sentence.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    ViolettaVioletta Posts: 29 Member
    At least yours still "use the bathroom" even if their chosen bathroom is a bush lol. Mine will stand around until they pee themselves half the time, and I play with autonomy on so there is no reason for that lol. Plus when someone actually does go to use the toilet, two other sims will follow them in just to stand in the bathroom and talk to each other, then when I make them leave the room another comes in to wash dishes in the bathroom sink or to get water. And why is it that when a sim shoos another sim out of the bathroom, the sim that got shooed away goes to stand in the corner of the bathroom, looking like a child that's been told to stand in the corner for punishment, rather than actually leaving the bathroom?
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    since the last patch my sims now always go to use the furthest away sink to wash their hands after using the toilet rather than the one on the same bathroom
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited August 2022
    I think routing in this game has some crazy issues, it may be they find bushes easier to get to. I always play in extra small houses were everything is just close enough to pass and my sims never use the bush they have outside (which they have for other purposes 😂). But the moment I moved into more open house where routing is a little more complicated, sims will go crazy. Washing dishes in the wrong sink, peeing themselves, canceling actions for no reason…

Platforms are great example of this problem. They are so glitchy I needed to delete excellent game changers rental lots from Yukimatsu in Mt Komorebi and make my own simple ones without a single platform (changing shoes also messes up game but that’s other story). My pregnant sim became glitched to the point she could not sleep, because she was waking up to throw up, but platform didn’t allow her to run so she canceled the action. As a result she was always waking up after that. Loading old save was my only option.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,852 Member
    I don't want to call it stupidity in some of these cases. My sims, I would label as ingrates maybe, having questionable tastes. I'm really benevolent, I gift them good furniture and appliances, I teach them how to cook so they can eat delicious meals. They choose to eat cold cereal and sleep on the sofa.🤪
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    my sim ate a piece of white cake (from vending machine) from nearby table without a plate.. after that complaining how messy the place was... :| oh yeah, no wonder..
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    When they are left to their own devices, the decisions they make just boggles my mind.

The Glass family finally got enough money to landscape around their house. Yesterday I went ahead and gave them some bushes, flowers, trees and put their hot tub on a deck.

They have 3 working toilets in their house, two upsides and one downstairs. And what do they decide to do when I'm not controlling them and letting them be? They decide to go 'fertilize' the bushes outside like they are some kind of uncivilized cave people. Why? Why? Why, EA? Why must you make them stupid??? I don't understand.... And none of them are werewolves.

Oh. My. Gawsh.

Although my vampires are dumber yet! I caught the vampire heading out in the sunlight to use the telescope.

Dummy...
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member

Hehe, yeah. My sims do tons of things that make no sense. My sims no longer keep gardens because one of the biggest annoyances for me is how sims would rather talk to plants than guests that visit. Not to mention guests will often go talk to the plants or study them as well.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member

LOL I used to ask myself the same question. Then I took a good hard look at the people around me in RL. We ARE stupid in so many ways. It's incredible. But, not to appear unsympathetic to your situation, I now just shrug and it makes me realize I need to step in upon occasion and save my Sims from themselves! It is especially maddening when you know a Sim was fully Potty trained as a Toddler, and are old enough to know to use the toilet when they get the urge. Still, I have a Genius Teen (he's actually got that Trait) do the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 walk on the way to the bathroom. What is up with that?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    Let's not forget the sims issues with rooms... Like put em in a room full of windows and they don't care about privacy... Its amusing. I have several houses where one entire side of a room is windows, and sims dont care, even if said room is the bathroom.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    since the last patch my sims now always go to use the furthest away sink to wash their hands after using the toilet rather than the one on the same bathroom

This is why my Sims haven't been allowed to have sinks since The Sims 1. If sims aren't wandering out of the bathroom to wash their hands in the kitchen sink, they're invading the bathroom with a stack of dishes while their teenager is trying to use the loo.
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    edited August 2022
    I think they may just be reflecting real life. Stupidity/ laziness are unfortunately not exclusive to sims. My real life neighbors have two functioning toilets and yet the male of the household uses the back of the shed in their yard and the bush nearby on a daily basis... often several times a day.

And yes, I do realize this is an annoyance to many. I just find it funny because of my real life experiences.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    Why, oh why does the eco master and the family show up and read my books, do stuff on my devices, and wastes all my precious off the grid electricity...? I'm tempted to just have them "reassigned..."

BTW, looking for creative ways to eliminate Sims in Dream Dollhouse.
  • Options
    PlutohasaheartPlutohasaheart Posts: 25 Member
    I literally had to put a gate on the entrance to a pool because I couldn't keep up with the family's interest in it last week lol.

Large wealthy family with a pool in their back yard. Lots of kids. Not even a day after the joyous gift-getting festivities of their yearly visit from Old Man Winter himself, with the snow lying fresh on the ground, and half the kids in the family decide to freeze themselves to death trying to either investigate an ice-crusted pool float or backflip off the diving board for the sake of feeling active... in a mansion decked out with everything they could possibly need for play, learning, wellness, etc. besides the pool. Had to crash my game once the grim reaper popped up to keep from losing them since it wasn't exactly in my plans to have half the family succumb to stupid before I had a chance to play them through high school. @_@
  • Options
    CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    @Fairy_Happy Thanks for the early morning giggle. To me, it shows personality and it's funny to read.

I remember TS3 was insane with their stupid choices, my sims were constantly dying of something. I had a hard time keeping them alive before I discovered mods.

OFC with my sims, they aren't allowed to make stupid choices. I micromanage my sims to the point of they don't dare do anything dumb. I can't trust them. They would go get themselves "dead" by something ridiculous if I wasn't watching their every little move.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    @Fairy_Happy Thanks for the early morning giggle. To me, it shows personality and it's funny to read.

I remember TS3 was insane with their stupid choices, my sims were constantly dying of something. I had a hard time keeping them alive before I discovered mods.

OFC with my sims, they aren't allowed to make stupid choices. I micromanage my sims to the point of they don't dare do anything dumb.
    I can't trust them. They would go get themselves "dead" by something ridiculous if I wasn't watching their every little move.

This. No stupidity allowed in my sim household. 😄
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    My sims keep going in their swimming pool in the middle of winter. Sometimes just to nap on the floaties.
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
    What gets me is the sims from the sims 2 were much smarter than these ones. And that was almost twenty years ago!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    LOL the responses on here. Yeah, the Glasses don't have bushes in their yard anymore because they don't know how to not pee in them. XD

And I agree with the responses that it kind of mimics real life. That's true. People in real life don't always make smart choices either. Sims just takes it up about 10 notches.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,023 Member
    All these comments remind me of watching suspense mystery or horror shows. My husband and I laugh about the characters all the time. So many make dumb decisions that ALWAYS put them in danger. Too Stupid To Live! 😆

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ-hlcux66s&ab_channel=CreagenDow
  • Options
    Unfortunately, the decisions they make in Sims are not nearly as hilarious.