Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims are suddenly dying of starvation??

moon_mothmoon_moth Posts: 28 Member
i have NEVER had a sim die of starvation before, not ONCE, and now all of a sudden i've had it happen twice in one day! anyone else having this or something similar happening? is it a bug or another mod conflict?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    There’s a huge bug from this patch where sims are aging and dying faster..
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    yeah i heard about that but so far it's only dying of starvation in my game. it's quite weird
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    moon_moth wrote: »
    yeah i heard about that but so far it's only dying of starvation in my game. it's quite weird

You probably have a mod like MCCC that (has been patched) to block the current aging bug.

I have noticed hunger needs are dropping very fast now though also. I have full autonomy on, so my Sims will drop what they are doing and go eat. So no starvation yet.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    i have an issue where if i play some families then certain sims will no longer eat , they go to the fridge , get the food and just drop it on the floor , if i then click it the food just cancels from the queue , my witch sims cannot even drink the potion either to fill up all their needs
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Supposidly it seems like the Slice of Life mod is causing Sims to drop dead from hunger a little more than should be.

I'd try checking out that and any other big script mod just incase they're causing your Sims to take a hunger strike.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    i have NEVER had a sim die of starvation before, not ONCE, and now all of a sudden i've had it happen twice in one day! anyone else having this or something similar happening? is it a bug or another mod conflict?

Not since the Sims2! :open_mouth: But I have seen my Sims at home walking around hungry — sometimes in the red, too. They may even grab something to eat, but put it aside to talk to the Toddler! While I don't want to see the Toddler neglected, it's like the instructions given aboard an airplane. You put the mask on yourself, first, then you're better able to help your neighbor!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    i have an issue where if i play some families then certain sims will no longer eat , they go to the fridge , get the food and just drop it on the floor , if i then click it the food just cancels from the queue , my witch sims cannot even drink the potion either to fill up all their needs

I had this same problem @julienrob2004 It turned out it was some outdated (CC) beds in the game. I spent all day looking for the problem. I took out any mod that pertained to food or cooking and in the end, turns out to be BEDS?! :smiley:
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I was using the simple living lot trait, and then the game mentioned that a random townie was starving. It's a nasty bug, and I don't have MCC.
  • Options
    SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    JaiSea wrote: »
    I had this same problem @julienrob2004 It turned out it was some outdated (CC) beds in the game. I spent all day looking for the problem. I took out any mod that pertained to food or cooking and in the end, turns out to be BEDS?! :smiley:

That's fascinating. Do we know which beds they were?

• Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    All CC beds except toddler beds should be considered broken. They are very buggy. Some creators have already updated their beds. Those are safe to redownload.
  • Options
    SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    All CC beds except toddler beds should be considered broken.

Good to know! Thanks for the info!

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    I don't have any mods, and I haven't had any particular hunger issues since the patch, but I finally played some over the weekend (I was worried about even opening the game last week), and all of my sims are crazy filthy, all the time. They will take a shower, get the hygiene bar to full green, and then one sims hour later, they're completely dirty again. They're not working out or doing anything particularly grungy; it happens even when they are doing things like sitting on the couch reading, sitting at a table doing homework, or using the computer.

Exhaustion has been a bit more of a problem, too, though perhaps not quite so much as hygiene. Again, while engaging in activities that are not at all strenuous.
  • Options
    All CC beds except toddler beds should be considered broken. They are very buggy. Some creators have already updated their beds. Those are safe to redownload.

oh boy. that's a drag, i've got cc beds in almost all of my residential builds.
    well, i guess once i go through the whole half and half mod debacle i'll see what's up :/
  • Options

Not since the Sims2! :open_mouth: But I have seen my Sims at home walking around hungry — sometimes in the red, too. They may even grab something to eat, but put it aside to talk to the Toddler! While I don't want to see the Toddler neglected, it's like the instructions given aboard an airplane. You put the mask on yourself, first, then you're better able to help your neighbor!

man, i have the opposite problem! one of my households is a bunch of adults and One Singular toddler and yet, i am constantly having to cheat the toddler's needs up because i turn around and either hunger or sleep is in the red! and i'm pretty sure i've set all her aunts and uncles etc as additional caregivers. and like, they'll do other things with her! i'll catch them autonomously playing with her or talking to her or teaching her words with flash cards or whatever. it's bonkers.
    that kid is definitely getting aged up soon
  • Options

oh boy. that's a drag, i've got cc beds in almost all of my residential builds.
    well, i guess once i go through the whole half and half mod debacle i'll see what's up :/

Good news! There is now a batch fix available on Sims 4 Studio.
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member

I haven't been able to check it out yet, but do you know off the top of your head if this works with merged files or not?
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options

I haven't been able to check it out yet, but do you know off the top of your head if this works with merged files or not?

I'm not sure. I only have the unmerged files.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    @JaiSea I used the batch fix in S4S last night and it does seem to go into merged files to fix beds. A few of my merged files were listed as fixed in the log. However, since I'm not opening my game until I'm sure that all the major game bugs are taken care of by EA, I haven't tested the batch fix in game yet.
  • Options
    leebird_simmerleebird_simmer Posts: 1 New Member
    This has happened to every Sim I've created since the latest patch. They all die of starvation within 24 hours or less.
    Troubleshooting steps I've taken:

- I do not have the Slice of Life mod mentioned.
    - All my CC beds have been batch fixed in S4Studio.
    - I cleared the local thumb cache before launching the game.
    - I tried playing in a save with custom content/mods turned off; same problem.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    edited August 2022
    How is this situation going for everyone? Has a workaround been found? Is it happening to everyone? I am too scared to update my game!
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    How is this situation going for everyone? Has a workaround been found? Is it happening to everyone? I am too scared to update my game!

No hunger strikes going on in my game since the patch! I'll assume it should be better if major mods like Slice Of Life have been updated for this patch.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Could be the game purging to keep the world population down. I have unlimited but the game still try to find ways to get rid of sims after awhile.
  • Options
    MeadowSimlyMeadowSimly Posts: 1 New Member
    The starvation is happening with my sims too... Everything was fine until I updated my game (I don't have the High School pack though). Two of my household sims died of starvation within the same day and none had their hunger bars at red (in fact, they were still green). Does anyone know if anything is going to be done about this? I do have Slice of Life and some CC but it wasn't presenting any sort of an issue pre-update. I was going to remove SOL but I'm wondering if it's even worth it since @leebird_simmer doesn't have it and still has the same issue =/. Not sure what to do at this point.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Sorry to hear of all the sims dying of starvation of all things.(?) The only mod discussed above was MCC and its the only one I have installed. My game is free of starving sims. (Let me knock on wood.) This is horrible.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Bug report here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-Dying-of-Starvation-in-One-Day/td-p/11671845/highlight/true

Some people found that removing Slice of Life mod fixed it for them.
    (Or perhaps the mod creator has updated it by now?)

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top