Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building Apartments?

Hi, I have the City Living expansion for the Sims 4, and I understand it adds apartments. But, I heard that it on its own doesn't allow me to build my own apartments. So, I was curious if there is a different pack which allows me to build my own custom apartments on whatever lot I want, and have several households move in. Does anyone know if this is possible with any packs? Or is this something only a mod could accomplish? Many thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    As far as I know there is no way to build your own apartments right now.
  • Options
    WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
    The closest I've come to accomplishing apartments is to lock each "apartment" door for the Sim that lives there. I built a typical LA-style in Del Sol and it plays well.
  • Options
    Garfieldwxg55Garfieldwxg55 Posts: 76 Member
    Hmm, sounds interesting, but wouldn't they still be a part of the same household? So you'd be limited to 8?
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited July 2022
    Huge pet peeve of mine! I've been wanting to build my own apartments ever since they were first introduced.

I don't live in a "big city", I don't want high rise apartments in a city environment. That's just one more way the devs have forced us to play their way and removed the player creativity from past games.

I live in a small US city that has a variety of different types of apartments, from huge houses converted into multiple 1-bedroom or studio apartments, condominiums that house only 2 home units that are connected but that have several of these units within a complex, typical apartment buildings with multiple floors and balconies and a community pool, large homes that have been converted into duplexes, etc, etc.

They put apartments into another expansion pack (Eco Lifestyle) and you also can't build your own in that pack either!

Faking apartments with the roommate system or mods or how others have said by locking the door is NOT the same thing. You don't get to experience the whole apartment atmosphere from neighbors being loud or knocking on your door complaining about stuff, etc.
  • Options
    WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
    Hmm, sounds interesting, but wouldn't they still be a part of the same household? So you'd be limited to 8?

Yup. Or use a mod to increase the size of the household. I don't because more than 8 Sims is too unwieldy.