Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LORE ALERT! ELIZA HAS SURNAME

Comments

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    They may not necessarily be the same age, it could just be a composite picture of all their year group photos. Or just a representation of what they looked like in school.
    I’ve not come across the name Osteer before. I tried googling it and not much came up, google thought I meant “austere”. Maybe it’s the name of someone in the Sims team or one of their relatives.

It's likely intentionally alluding to "austere." Austere can mean plain or devoid of luxury; as a foil to Nancy and marrying into the luxurious landgraab family.
    Oh that's cool in that case, so it does fit the theme. :)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited July 2022
    Makes me wonder how the heck Eliza ended up falling for Bob to begin with. She seems to be the straight A student who has her stuff together and he...he's that slacker who skated by with straight C's and called it good. How much juice and bubble blowing went into greasing the wheels of that relationship...?

Also...young Eliza looks kind of like LilSimzie to me...
    I feel like they were probably both seated at unpopular kid table :lol:
    even though Eliza wants to be one of the cool kids so bad meanwhile Bob is like i don't care gloomy kid

also yes she looks like simsie :lol: even more as teenager
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    OMG NANCY!! :love:
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited July 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Makes me wonder how the heck Eliza ended up falling for Bob to begin with. She seems to be the straight A student who has her stuff together and he...he's that slacker who skated by with straight C's and called it good. How much juice and bubble blowing went into greasing the wheels of that relationship...?

Also...young Eliza looks kind of like LilSimzie to me...
    I feel like they were probably both seated at unpopular kid table :lol:
    even though Eliza wants to be one of the cool kids so bad meanwhile Bob is like i don't care gloomy kid

also yes she looks like simsie :lol: even more as teenager

LOL! I don't know...They always came off to me as the kind of couple who got together on impulse after some crazy night in Vegas and regretted it for the rest of their lives... :D
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Whoever made teen Nancy is awesome and I will make a twitter account just to beg for these teens to be released with the game!
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I hope we get these teen versions on the gallery, they would be fun to play. Who do we tag to spread the word to the Sims team? :wink:
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Okay so sims team just dropped this
    (well yesterday it appears)
    and now Geoffrey and Eliza have surnames

FYM4hjLWQAgx6eq?format=jpg&name=large

I can't believe she has been Hastings all along

unfortunately this also totally kills the vibe of my pancakes story because goodness if eliza went to school with nancy she surely cant be having her sons kids can she oh this is awkward now

Mortimer gives off Gomez Addams vibes, especially with the quote. LOL!!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Those teen versions ooze character, i really like them. I did not know Geoffrey was the one who married into the landgraabs and not Nancy!! I have not paid much attention to their bio in sims 3, or maybe i forgot. Anyways, that is actually cool and would make sense for someone like Nancy not to give up her infamous family's name. I dont think she would have allowed that picture to be put in the book though, she looks like someone snapped a photo of her mid sneaze lol.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Nancys quote makes sense why they disowned Johnny too, he wanted to focus on his dream
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I hope we get these teen versions on the gallery, they would be fun to play. Who do we tag to spread the word to the Sims team? :wink:

Yes!! I would really like to play them. Usually I delete townie sims but these would be fun to play.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    That's a cool drop! :)

I'm a tad nah to them developing the old lore after all these years of playing those families. I'm probably not the only one giving Geoffrey a surname year ago. In my universe he was Geoffrey von Donnersmalt, and will forever be. He died years ago too, btw.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I mean last time i named my divorced eliza hotcakes and she was just this very unpleasant evil bling bling n crimes lady

but I think now that she has this new vibe about her i might actually escape the caricature

give her more realistic story
    well not realistic but closer to being actual human

also maybe landgraabs would enjoy new story hmm still haven't touched zest either aside from dressing him up a bit
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I'm so gonna give Nancy her old nose back. It looks better on her.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I always pictured Mortimer using that name as an alias. It sounds suspiciously made up in this day and age. It's 'use by' date was like 2 centuries ago. Occasionally I make him a vampire and then the name feels less out of date, him being centuries old in that case. If I was him as soon as I was old enough I would be changing my name, sorry mom and dad.

Maybe it got messed up at Ellis Island when umpteen greats granddad came over. A lot of European surnames were either shortened or altered at that place. Thick accents and busy clerks don't mix well.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Nancy looks great! :blush:

I'm a bit disappointed with the line they are taking with Mortimer. I like Mortimer and I like The Addams family and Gomez but in my mind they aren't the same and I want to keep them separate. It feels kind of cheap that they are pushing him to that direction.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    haisin wrote: »

I'm a bit disappointed with the line they are taking with Mortimer. I like Mortimer and I like The Addams family and Gomez but in my mind they aren't the same and I want to keep them separate. It feels kind of cheap that they are pushing him to that direction.

yeah same I never really thought of Goths as Addams Family

and Mortimer isn't really romance sim so much as he is knowledge/science sim so this just feels slightly weird for him

as does the new look they gave him cause it looks like he is about to run criminal organization when he is but a boy with frog collection and interest in aliens
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,845 Member
    @Simmingal @haisin I used to have a version of the Goth's I did as the Addam's Family. It got deleted by mistake a couple of years back. The connections between Gomez and Mortimer are there in my mind, and the same for Cassandra and Wednesday. Alexander and Bella are nothing like their counterparts. Simmingdude might just make a decent Uncle Fester...
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Nancys quote makes sense why they disowned Johnny too, he wanted to focus on his dream

Isn't Johnny her younger brother? I'm pretty sure I read that he is Malcolm's uncle and not brother somewhere.

On topic:

I really like Nancy's look! I actually think they did a good job with her as it looks like her current self had have some work done (I hope they never update her like they did with the Goth's).

Hope the sims team upload these teens to the Gallery :smiley:
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited July 2022
    haisin wrote: »

I feel there hasn't been another movie/series because the only 2 actors that make Gomez..Gomez, are no longer with us. Sim Gomez wannabe doesn't work here lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    @Simmingal @haisin I used to have a version of the Goth's I did as the Addam's Family. It got deleted by mistake a couple of years back. The connections between Gomez and Mortimer are there in my mind, and the same for Cassandra and Wednesday. Alexander and Bella are nothing like their counterparts. Simmingdude might just make a decent Uncle Fester...

:lol: I mean I do love Addams family i don't mind the reference but i think reason i never really make the connection is cause to me i was introduced to goths before i was introduced to addams family tbh
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    also there isn't official info on how Johnny is related to Landgraabs its just said he was disowned by Landgraabs doesn't specify which ones

personally I subscribe to theory he is good kid Malcolm from ts3 and the teen Malcolm is evil Malcolm from console games therefore explaining the 2 Malcolms

(Johnny Zest being stage name)
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    also there isn't official info on how Johnny is related to Landgraabs its just said he was disowned by Landgraabs doesn't specify which ones

personally I subscribe to theory he is good kid Malcolm from ts3 and the teen Malcolm is evil Malcolm from console games therefore explaining the 2 Malcolms

(Johnny Zest being stage name)

I doubt it is Nancy's son (especially as Nancy wanted to become an artist herself when she was younger according to City Living), I'm guessing he's either her brother or cousin.
  • Options
    I mean he could be but then we have no explanation for Malcolm flipping his whole personality upside down
  • Options
    Wholesome_GothWholesome_Goth Posts: 24 Member
    > @SamDenny said:
    > I'm so gonna give Nancy her old nose back. It looks better on her.

This reminds me of the Addams Family movie where Wednesday and Pugsly were sent to summer camp, Wednesday knew just were the true terror was for the telling of the ghost story, "And all their old noses grew back!"
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Interesting...is it an American thing for teens to have moustaches? I really dont ever remember them being a cool thing (unless the sim version of Magnum PI was popular when they were younger!).