Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Copperdale World Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Patrice wrote: »
    is the ferris wheel functional?

It's a functional rabbithole (confirmed woohoo location according to a guru, I believe).

I would assume sims can also ride it. Surely EA wouldn't make the ferris wheel just a woohoo location.

Rabbit hole ride I guess. Hopefully we will get sim amusement parks some day where we can watch our sims ride them,
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

It's a functional rabbithole (confirmed woohoo location according to a guru, I believe).

I would assume sims can also ride it. Surely EA wouldn't make the ferris wheel just a woohoo location.

Rabbit hole ride I guess. Hopefully we will get sim amusement parks some day where we can watch our sims ride them,

If we could only get a carousel. That wouldn't be a rabbithole.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

If we could only get a carousel. That wouldn't be a rabbithole.

That's why we don't have one.😥
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Surely EA wouldn't make the ferris wheel just a woohoo location.

Are you serious or…?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    taydev wrote: »
    Surely EA wouldn't make the ferris wheel just a woohoo location.

Are you serious or…?

Yes cause sometimes EA takes the short cut.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Yes, they would if it fits their narrative as history of what EA/Maxis offers and how it is offered speaks for itself and it goes back to CL looking at the shortcuts taken as well as in other packs.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited July 2022
    Have we gotten any confirmation on what part of the country Copperdale is inspired by? I break my worlds into "regions," and sims can only travel regionally without vacationing (for example: Evergreen Harbor, Glimmerbrook and Moonwood Mills are one region). Just mulling over which region to place it in.

I see a pattern with The Sims 4 worlds, in terms of geographic look. I think a lot of the worlds you mentioned, Copperdale included look very much like the Pacific Western (PNW), United States. Since EA headquarters is in Redwood City, California, United States; I imagine they go based off surrounding areas & Northern California. But a lot of the worlds look like they could be more toward Oregon, or Washington. There's even what looks to be a seaside, rocky shore, with pine trees.

wp3901396.jpg
    Arrowhead-1080x720.jpg
    eugene-oregon-city-clouds-seen-cloudy-day-amazing-light-top-skinner-s-butte-limits-108407300.jpg
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited July 2022
    Anyone post a map with the lot sizes??

If not I can do it.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Anyone post a map with the lot sizes??

If not I can do it.

Oh, please do, that would be great!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Found on Twitter from @RoxxySims
    nvzPWJi.jpg

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I will make the rental lot another residential.

I wish the school wasn't a 64x64. That's a huge space to fill up and I hate building huge lots. Hopefully I can download a really nice one.

I think I might change the park to a cinema or bowling place.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Ta-daaaaa!

Oh man, I am so very tempted to swap the park and the 30x30 residental home but I need to like actually see the world itself a bit more. And I'll definitely want to keep an eye on what gets posted up on the gallery for the 20x20.

Thrift-Tea though. Like, I'm aboslutely going to move it to Magnolia Prominade. As is, or if someone does a nice renovation for it for that on the Gallery, nabbing it that way because, I more want to fit that small town vibe that I grew up in, and you just had that restaurant where all the old folks hung out at. Which is now just, a general store thanks to the pandemic, but I bet those old folks are still hanging out there.

It's not quite the tiny town with aboslutely nothing to do I grew up in. (My British spouse called it a village and yeah fair) It feels like one of those towns that actually had something going on that was 30 minutes away from where I grew up. And it is trying to attract tourists and I spotted a screenshot that had a roadside motel but -waves hands on it being a full on world with rental lot on it-
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I am starting to have some ideas now about what I might do with the world. I definitely want to turn the rental lot into a residential lot as well, but, I might turn that 20x15 by the park into a rental lot in its place. That seems like a more logical place for it for me; it's like the kind of place you might go to get away for the weekend for some fishing or swimming. I don't really see renting a large fancy house to go on a weeklong vacation to this town, though.

I do feel like this is the kind of town that would have a diner, but I don't know where it could really go except the park lot, so I guess I'll wait and see how nice the park is and whether I'm willing to bulldoze it. I'm already planning to tweak ThrifTea substantially, although the boba bar will stay. The library... I don't know. I like the shell, and I don't know what else would really fit with it, but do I really need another library? Maybe I could turn it into more of a community space with arts and crafts objects. I'll have to play around with that.

I'd like a closer look at the houses, but so far it seems like they are... ok, I guess? Nothing thrilling, but they do seem to fit the general style of the world, so maybe I'll leave them for a while, at least. Most of the premade families are getting evicted, though, but not deleted. I've thought of a few families I might want to move here in their place.
  • Options
    I'm cool with library! I'll slap down the study spot from Uni on it so it's actually a good spot for kids to go learn and do homework in and call it a day!

We do need some sort of venue in my mind as a gate-way into exploring the park. It's why I'm going to keep an eye out for ideas on the 20x20. And there's loads of nature around that area that the local park still feels like a good idea for me. Just need something as a sort of gateway leap-off-point into the rides and wheel better than that park.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Given no schools can be in other worlds, I think I'm going to make Copperdale High School into a boarding school kinda vibe.

I'll convert 1/2 of the lots in the town area to boarding houses and hoard my teens there. Then I'll keep the boba place and library and the old family in there as is (just renovations probably).

Then the other families can live by the pier, I may add an extra community lot alongside the park and I may keep a rental too.

Tbh I'll probably wait for a sale as I'm not so sold on it yet so I've got time to plan!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Found on Twitter from @RoxxySims
    nvzPWJi.jpg

Thank the simgods for the 50x40 park. I wish it was a 50x50, but my prep-school dorm will fit.
    It just seems odd that teens from all worlds will be going to school here. So my dorm will help with immersion and I can have half a dozen sims from various households under one roof.

I might make it the basis for a new school redesign, so the buildings will match architecturally.
    Yeah, that's exactly what I am going to work on while we wait for the pack. Just plop it down on on a 64x64 and see how I can expand it to be more school like and less dorm. The two buildings will be a perfect match.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    Could have used more empty/free lots. Is it really so hard to add an empty rectangle?
    I feel that unless you bulldoze all new worlds only have 2 or 3 lots to live in. A starter house, maybe a free advanced house and a empty lot.
    Thats ok for packs like Moonwood Mill, but I would like to have more options in expansions.
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    I've mentioned this in another thread but I really can't believe we only get 10 lots with this pack (as the school and auditorium are special lots, I don't count them towards ones I can use for homes/public lots (and by this logic, there's only 2 neighborhoods 💀)). This is even smaller than Del Sol Valley, the world (other than Magnolia Promenade) that everyone complains about for being the smallest...

As I saw the leaked map, I was REALLY counting on that blue roofed complex in the bottom right to be an apartment building, but from what I could tell by the stream, it's just an empty shell 😔

Also, so may of the lots are so small? 6 out of the 10 lots are 20x15 or 20x20. I'm really curious about these choices. A pack about teens and teen years and making memories with your friends, and it's in such a small world. I appreciate that they put some cool things around the empty areas to hang out and learn about legends and stuff at least.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    @lexibee I totally agree, for an ep world those lots are too small. Personally I hardly ever have a family on a 20x20 it's just way too small if you want a decent living space and garden.
    My biggest disappointment is that the school is fixed to this world. That makes no sense for my families in Mt Korembi or Sulani, the surroundings are just too much of a shift.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member

I wish the school wasn't a 64x64. That's a huge space to fill up and I hate building huge lots. Hopefully I can download a really nice one.

that's a great idea! I've actually combined a movie theater with bowling before on one lot before--I marked it as bowling but sims could go to the theater no problem. :mrgreen:

I also want to combine a boba tea shop with a cat cafe.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I want to make a teen oriented nightclub or bar on that open lot (or maybe in place of the starter over by the pier) There was an under 21 club that was really popular when I was a kid that I'd like to kinda recreate.

And then with that as my community lot in the area, I can replace the park with something else. :)
  • Options

I’m currently working on a school and I have a good idea of what I want in it, but it’s still a little stressful haha. So much space and I want it to make sense with the football field in the back. I also have a mod to add more people on a lot, but in case it doesn’t work, I know modders are working on more teens spawning for school so I want to accommodate for that.

• Options
    Actually saw the 20x15 build in James's video and my first thought when thinking about to do with that lot was...bar. -laughs-

But I did check around the business in that nearby town for inspiration...which was furniture stores, a sandwhich shop, law offices and a restaurant.

Really, most of the bars are tied in with restaurants. There was only like one dedicated bar.

Might just wait and see what the gallery brings, to be honest. Nicer home or an interesting venue. Either or.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2022
    I'm surprised none of the game changers built an art deco style residential lot... or made use of the curved walls. :/ Maybe curved walls weren't available at the time of building.
    example:
    HabitusLiving_MelbourneHouse.jpg

I have no problem building my own art deco inspired lot. Should be fun and once the patch hits, I can work on the shell.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Gorgeous shells lead to great disappointment, non-apartment, non-interactive...
    Lot distribution fails, and damages the living experience.
    In the map description, residents are seeking small-town life. However, you can own only one small lot for your family, and the premade may be a prohibition to play to avoid assigned NPC job dropping.
    We get more lots in the carnival region, which are off the grid like the Granite Falls. There's not even a paved road in front of your house. And the community atmosphere is almost ZERO. The amusement park surrounded by suburban houses makes me confused as well.
    5V5 lot distribution is a disaster, it runs oppositely rebelling against the original intention of the map concept.