Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone know what or how Lunar Howl changes your werewolf?

I was looking through the werewolf skill tree and noticed one called Lunar Howl. It says,

Lunar Howl
Howl under the moonlight to transform temperaments!

The most forbidden howl. Release what little remains of Sim Name's humanity and succumb to the moon's glow. Be warned, they may never be the same again!

Any idea on what happens if I unlock that one for a werewolf?

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    It changes temperaments. They may even gain positive temperaments that reduce fury gain.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited June 2022
    Exactly above, and in the description. Your temperaments are rerolled, which is basically a werewolf personality thing. Since it is a gamble, you need to be kind of careful, but not really since you can reroll again and again.
  • Options
    Yes, this can be done only once per night outdoors. No worries, as there's always tomorrow to try again.
    If I guess it correctly, there are 6 positive temperaments that along with reducing fury gain will also slow down one of the needs. For example, mark of the moon slows down energy, mark of the hunt slows down hunger etc.
    Sometimes one of the new negative temperaments might get replaced later on with a positive one. I had it happen as a negative temperament turned into mark of the forest (reduces fun gain).
  • Options
    moon_mothmoon_moth Posts: 28 Member
    kinda dislike that they're random; i'd prefer to be able to assign them to fit the sim's personality, the way you can choose vampire weaknesses.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    moon_moth wrote: »
    kinda dislike that they're random; i'd prefer to be able to assign them to fit the sim's personality, the way you can choose vampire weaknesses.

This right here has me annoyed to almost anger. This is not the player's choice but a forced way to play how the devs want you to play with the werewolves. I am beginning to way more forced gameplay if you want to play a werewolf. I see fury building way to quickly even when you try to not to agitate those bad dog traits by no choice of the players. Sim wakes up and fury is like okay let's race to fill the fury ball as I said avoiding the bad dog traits.

I had a good, cheerful, and unflirty Sim.. All three temps went exactly opposite of those traits. So Sim was deleted because of the temps ruining not only the Sim, but her were form too. Sadly I am finding them poorer built (the lack of even a hint of weres being females), and way less Simmer friendly like the vampires.

I am hoping this horrible temp system gives the player a bit more control. If I want a cute uncontrolable (which still I get to pick their animal traits) animal ...... well there is the dog ...
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    It is possible to get four positive traits instead of the negative ones. I got it on my werewolf. It's basically random, but I did lunar howl up on the "hill" in Moonwood Mill. I tried lunar howl on different locations like the magic HQ, but ends up as random everywhere so that didn't matter.

I guess it could be that the more powerful you are as a werewolf, the more likely you are to get more positive traits when you lunar howl, but I can't confirm that in any way.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    is there no cheat code available for assigning temperaments? if not i'm once again pinning my hopes on the modders
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    moon_moth wrote: »
    is there no cheat code available for assigning temperaments? if not i'm once again pinning my hopes on the modders

Temperaments work like traits, so those simple trait equipment and removal cheats work.
    Thanks to the cheat list in this page, I can share the list of the temperament traits in-game:
    https://ultimatesimsguides.com/sims-4-werewolves-cheats/
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_AntiCapitalistCanine
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_BigBadWolf
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_Carnivore
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_EasyExcitable
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_FeelsOutcasted
    • traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_Frisky
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_GrumpyWolf
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_HatesBeingWet
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_HungryLikeTheWolf
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_Prideful
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_RestlessAnimal
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_SensitiveHearing
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_SurvivalInstincts
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_Territorial
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_WolfBrain
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_WrackedWithGuilt
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_MustBeClean
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_NightWolf
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_Lunar_ForestMark
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_Lunar_HuntMark
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_Lunar_NightMark
    • trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_Lunar_WolfMark

The last four are positive temperaments.
  • Options
    oh man, thanks! i know just which ones will fit each of my sims
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    I did the lunar howl with Kristopher during the full moon thing, he got completely aggressive and I had to restart the game without saving. He lost his good temperament trait, and got territorial and hungry like the wolf, I didn't think it fit him well.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    How many temperaments can they have at the same time?
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

Depends on the rank. First rank has one temperament, and each rank adds another one until the sim has 4. So 4 max.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Depends on the rank. First rank has one temperament, and each rank adds another one until the sim has 4. So 4 max.

So, you can get four temperaments only if you become leader of the pack? Also, do they conflict with regular traits, like can you have a sim who has both vegetarian trait and carnivore temperament?
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

So, you can get four temperaments only if you become leader of the pack? Also, do they conflict with regular traits, like can you have a sim who has both vegetarian trait and carnivore temperament?

Rank here means the wolf's individual rank from pup to apex, not pack rank.

Unsure if you can have conflicting traits.