Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Check Your Mods!

You know what they always say before new gameplay is added? Check your mods. Take them out. Mods are mods. Some of them are the most awesome things ever, but please, CHECK YOUR MODS.

BB and CC is one thing, but gameplay is entirely another.
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I can tell you from very recent experience that checking your mods isn't foolproof either. You can always miss another update. The safest way is still to take your game offline and only update or buy new packs once you're sure that all mods are up to date.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Some of my CC hair is real broken right now. Not even sure what caused it as it isn't all cc hair but by one in particular after the last update/ patch or who knows they've been updating left and right lately
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Here's something they aren't telling you - that the update the day before the Werewolf pack release was to fix a bug of Werewolves not showing in CAS.

They aren't telling you, because the fact that they very nearly released a Werewolf Game Pack with no werewolves is kind of embarassing.

So check your game is up to date, and check that you don't install with mods.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    edited June 2022
    Loanet wrote: »
    Here's something they aren't telling you - that the update the day before the Werewolf pack release was to fix a bug of Werewolves not showing in CAS.

They aren't telling you, because the fact that they very nearly released a Werewolf Game Pack with no werewolves is kind of embarassing.

So check your game is up to date, and check that you don't install with mods.

This was mentioned in several posts on the forum yesterday and the day before. No one is trying to hide anything. :)

And @TheSims tweeted about it on Wednesday.

• Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Another thing to consider is that OneDrive is really bad to re-add deleted mods, or those that are outdated; thus making a mess out of everything.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I always wait for my must have mods to be updated before updating my game.
  • Options
    viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    A lot of creators have a patreon and will make posts about what mods they've updated/need updating (I know Zer0, littlemssam and kuttoe do, likely others too). You can follow creators for free and you'll get email alerts keeping you up to date with mod releases and updates.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Out of date mods clash with code. Then your game breaks.

I don't use mods. I don't even use CC. And my game hasn't bugged out. Of course I can't speak for MWD because I didn't buy that for ages (partly because I don't play much with weddings). I personally always wait until the first hot-patch after a release before I buy. With Werewolves, it's tearing me up to wait.

It's all too easy to have a lot of Mods and then lose track of them, or saves that relied on them.

• Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited June 2022
    Its really not mods the issue this time, apart from the usual suspects that always need updating. And mods to stabilise hybrids. It broke a LOT of CC apparently becuse they dropped support for a popular image file format used by a lot of CC and something they did broke almost all CC sliders and some presets.

ED: CmarNYC over at MTS has created a 2 tools that should fix most sliders & broken CC textures. Your milage may vary, sold as is, use at your own risk, offer not valid in Minnesota, etc. https://modthesims.info/d/668332/fixers-for-sliders-and-alpha-hairs-version-1-2-6-17-22.html

Havent tested all my sliders, but so far it seem to fix Luumia's, height, hip & neck sliders for me
    Post edited by WaytoomanyUIDs on
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I move everything in my old mods folder to a back up folder (rename the Mods folder "Old Mods") and start new saves every time the game is updated. This way I can play in a clean save with no cc or script/object override mods. Then I can test the cc first, and then add the script mods that are known good with the new patch.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I back up my saves and update my game. Then I check to see which mods are updated. MCCC is generally quick to add an update, or hotfix as late as the day after, sometimes as early as the same afternoon. I did make certain, this latest patch that the childbirth mod by Pandasama was good to go, which it is. Phew! I had my first pregnant Sim. I can't worry about Road to Fame, as it is in need of an update since a few patches ago. It doesn't play as well as it used to, but if I remove it my Rock Star, isn't. He'll get no gigs, he won't be able to make albums. I can deal with the rabbit hole alternative to these things, for now. So long as he can produce Simoleons and albums. Anymore, I just shrug. I've had to restart so often I've grown immune to it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Its really not mods the issue this time, apart from the usual suspects that always need updating. And mods to stabilise hybrids. It broke a LOT of CC apparently becuse they dropped support for a popular image file format used by a lot of CC and something they did broke almost all CC sliders and some presets.

ED: CmarNYC over at MTS has created a 2 tools that should fix most sliders & broken CC textures. Your milage may vary, sold as is, use at your own risk, offer not valid in Minnesota, etc. https://modthesims.info/d/668332/fixers-for-sliders-and-alpha-hairs-version-1-2-6-17-22.html

Havent tested all my sliders, but so far it seem to fix Luumia's, height, hip & neck sliders for me

Would you mind sharing what popular image file format that is broken, please?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Thanks for the reminder!! I’ll have to check to see if the installed fairy mod (and maybe CC?) I had before the patch have been updated yet…
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Would you mind sharing what popular image file format that is broken, please?

Not actually the image format, the compression type, LRLE is either no longer supported or broken apparently. So CmarNYC's tool will convert files using it to RLE2

Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs