Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Werewolff Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    I was excited for a werewolf pack, but I’m now going to wait for either a major sale or skip out on this pack entirely and wait for fairies (and use fairy mod in the meantime), instead.

Small reasons why:
    1) I am still not sold on their looks, though I can perhaps easily use CC to replace that or play around with some of the customization options.

2) It sounded like we can’t make our own packs, which is kind of a little let down. Maybe as an alternative/solution, I can create Clubs instead?

And 3) THE major deal breaker is that it sounds like there is some werewolf vs vampire animosity baked in, with no choice from the player, which is something I really don’t want (occult vs occult stuff), since I play with a mix of occults in my sims families.

I may just stick with a Werewolf mod, find a cheat, or skip the pack entirely. The above werewolves vs vampires aspect is the ultimate deal breaker for me.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited June 2022
    Edit: Just deleting my long-winded comment. I am not a fan of how they look nor a fan of how the official Sims twitter characterized them, but that probably is not a discussion for these forums.
    Post edited by Felicity on
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2022
    One annoyance I have for sure is in CAS... I'm very slow, so I didnt touch gameplay yet but the constant howling in CAS is REALLY REALLY driving me insane :| found a bug with glasses too on werewolves, the texture doesnt look right, probably caused by the fur color. Its a bit hard to paint on a werewolf too, especially when shaking like I most of the time do. Cant really zoom in on body parts and hands are very difficult to paint on with all the moving, I'm always having color on other bodyparts too and I cant seem to find the symmetrical mirror paint option
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,605 Member
    @Yuna I believe the comments about the moving and howling in cas has been picked up elsewhere by a simguru, so they will probably adjust that.

I'm pretty sure I saw a youtuber say there was no mirror option for painting. I hope they just overlooked it and will add that in.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,011 Member
    Melisendre wrote: »
    - a lack of new gameplay objects. The tunnels are the ones, because telescopes are basegame and not really new. And tunnels don't seem to be very interesting.
    - no tails
    - no new skills
    - no traits
    - no professions
    - only two premade packs and the premade lore. I want to create my own stories.

I wonder what the longterm motivation could be for me and I don't see any.
    The most missed opportunity is creating own packs. Instead of tunnels they should have made this by modifying the club system. That can't be too hard.
    I will wait for a sale. I resist paying the full price for mainly the cas and the b&b which I really like.
    Yeah, wish they would have included a lumber Jack career.
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    So can we not keep them in perma wolf mode? I was under the impression that this was doable.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    So can we not keep them in perma wolf mode? I was under the impression that this was doable.

It's one of the perks you earn that let's you transform at will.

• Options
    cutecabaretcutecabaret Posts: 56 Member
    So after finding out the actual lore of the pack (which I am about to make a thread on), I'm also disappointed that according to the lore,
    spellcasters hate vampires too and yet there is no instant animosity between them like there is with vampires and werewolves. So they couldn't even implement all of the lore the whole way.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    So after finding out the actual lore of the pack (which I am about to make a thread on), I'm also disappointed that according to the lore,
    spellcasters hate vampires too and yet there is no instant animosity between them like there is with vampires and werewolves. So they couldn't even implement all of the lore the whole way.

Goodness, everybody hates the vampires, lol! 😄

(For me, I’m personally glad that it wasn’t implemented…)
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    My one major gripe is that I can't manipulate the chest of my female werewolves in there werewolf form to give at least a convincing semblance of a bust. I mean, it doesn't have to be defined melons, just a bump up front that's larger than with the guys. It also kind of irks me that I have to unlink the two forms and push the figure sliders to their absolute limit to get a feminine body shape, but the bust thing...come on, guys!! They've been doing so well with gender expression so far, but they think having female werewolves be flat-chested with no way to morph it otherwise in werewolf form is O.K.?! It's NOT O.K.!! Chest curvature should be a choice, not an all-or-nothing censorship hammer brought down by the Prude Squad who think that boobs on female characters only exist for men!! Ever think that female players enjoy inhabiting sexy female characters as their own form of power fantasy?! Ever think that maybe not every woman on this earth think that breasts are superfluous and only exist for the male gaze, and in fact see breasts as a key part of their body image, gender identity, and gender expression??!!

And I know someone is going to go "oh, but they can go topless" or "oh, but female wolves don't have boobs like human women." To you, I give a very respectful, I really don't care. Male werewolves often have their muscles, a symbol of their physical masculinity, enhanced and enlarged in media. Why can't we get the option to retain and enhance the physical femininity of our female werewolves in this game? I mean, it makes sense, dang it! Instead, our girls get defeminized by default, and we have to fight with the sliders to even give them hip and waist definition!! Meanwhile, we can make a vampire chick's dark form as sexy and hyper-feminine as we want...Stupid vampires...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,011 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Heh....Another potential annoyance. I may need to look more into it but so far it doesn't seem like your sim can turn someone against their will like you can with vampires. Maybe mine isn't the right level for it or something but so far she's only able to politely ask sims if they want to become werewolves.

EDIT:
    Yeah, it looks like it's a level thing. I retract this negative.
    I think Dragons would fit in a Medieval pack. I would hope they let you make a positive or negative relationship based on what tha player wants. I would personally give Dragons a positive relationship to spell casters.
  • Options
    JudasFmJudasFm Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Yuna said:
    > One annoyance I have for sure is in CAS... I'm very slow, so I didnt touch gameplay yet but the constant howling in CAS is REALLY REALLY driving me insane

YES! This x 1000. I take a long time to create each of my Sims, and every five seconds-"AWOOOOOOO!" Seriously, Sim, you don't have to keep reminding me you're a werewolf. I'm creating you. I KNOW you're a freaking werewolf!

As for the rest of it, I hate being railroaded into Vampires vs. Werewolves Round #7633, but tbh I don't play with occult lifestages that much, so I can't see it really affecting my game on a personal level. I just hate it when sandboxy games stop being sandboxy and start being "Oh, you MUST play it according to THIS lore because we say so!" Background lore's fine, but not when it makes it harder to jump straight in and play what I want.

I'm fine if they set up an entire neighborhood with premade characters who hate each other. Places have their own lores and histories, after all. I just wish that for the player, it would just be a trait like "Hates Vampires" or "Hates Werewolves," or that you could dislike them in the Likes/Dislikes version and get instant negative relationship that way. Or just a Vampire/Werewolf Animosity toggle that wouldn't affect existing relationships, but would ensure any new encounters played out the way players wanted.

I'm also not a fan of the wolf shape either. I'd say that making an ACTUAL wolf shape would take time and effort, but there are Dog models they could use, so it wouldn't be like creating something from scratch. It would be really cool to turn into an actual wolf and get to play as one by sniffing out collectibles.

Now I want to tell a Sim story about a werewolf cop who acts as their own K9 unit and sniffs out criminals and missing people :D
  • Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    I don't have the pack yet (waiting on some mods to get updated) however I saw this while doing some Googling - https://bestgamingtips.com/sims-4-werewolves-vampires/
    Fix the relationship between werewolves and vampires in Sims 4
    The good news is that werewolves and vampires can bury the hatchet, and even become friends with a little bit of an effort.

To fix the relationship between werewolves and vampires in The Sims 4, have your werewolf Ask for Sympathy for Werewolves when interacting with a vampire.

The long-standing feud between werewolves and vampires will cease instantly.

All tension will disappear when they’re around each other.

The “Ask for Sympathy for Werewolves” interaction becomes available after the first werewolf level up. You can also use it to unlock the Werewolf Diplomacy ability.

Hopefully it'll be as easy as it sounds to fix the hatred between the two occults...
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 954 Member
    I wouldn't mind boobs like this:

She-wolf_suckles_Romulus_and_Remus.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member

Goodness, everybody hates the vampires, lol! 😄

(For me, I’m personally glad that it wasn’t implemented…)

Never liked Vampires from the get up. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    PhilSims wrote: »
    I don't have the pack yet (waiting on some mods to get updated) however I saw this while doing some Googling - https://bestgamingtips.com/sims-4-werewolves-vampires/
    The good news is that werewolves and vampires can bury the hatchet, and even become friends with a little bit of an effort.

To fix the relationship between werewolves and vampires in The Sims 4, have your werewolf Ask for Sympathy for Werewolves when interacting with a vampire.

The “Ask for Sympathy for Werewolves” interaction becomes available after the first werewolf level up. You can also use it to unlock the Werewolf Diplomacy ability.

Hopefully it'll be as easy as it sounds to fix the hatred between the two occults...

I thought I heard in another thread that doing that interaction tanks relationships….?
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 894 Member
    PhilSims wrote: »

I thought I heard in another thread that doing that interaction tanks relationships….?

One simmer did have that interaction tank the friendship, but in another thread a simmer said it helped the vampire relationship but tanked the relationship with their human partner, so I think it might be random reactions.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,302 Member
    My one major gripe is that I can't manipulate the chest of my female werewolves in there werewolf form to give at least a convincing semblance of a bust. I mean, it doesn't have to be defined melons, just a bump up front that's larger than with the guys. It also kind of irks me that I have to unlink the two forms and push the figure sliders to their absolute limit to get a feminine body shape, but the bust thing...come on, guys!! They've been doing so well with gender expression so far, but they think having female werewolves be flat-chested with no way to morph it otherwise in werewolf form is O.K.?! It's NOT O.K.!! Chest curvature should be a choice, not an all-or-nothing censorship hammer brought down by the Prude Squad who think that boobs on female characters only exist for men!! Ever think that female players enjoy inhabiting sexy female characters as their own form of power fantasy?! Ever think that maybe not every woman on this earth think that breasts are superfluous and only exist for the male gaze, and in fact see breasts as a key part of their body image, gender identity, and gender expression??!!

And I know someone is going to go "oh, but they can go topless" or "oh, but female wolves don't have boobs like human women." To you, I give a very respectful, I really don't care. Male werewolves often have their muscles, a symbol of their physical masculinity, enhanced and enlarged in media. Why can't we get the option to retain and enhance the physical femininity of our female werewolves in this game? I mean, it makes sense, dang it! Instead, our girls get defeminized by default, and we have to fight with the sliders to even give them hip and waist definition!! Meanwhile, we can make a vampire chick's dark form as sexy and hyper-feminine as we want...Stupid vampires...

Yeah hopefully cc can give female werewolves a bust.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,139 Member
    There are a couple of CAS issues that I have come across. When my werewolf transformed the first time I got her beast form all set up, but now I want to change it some more and it will not save it. I get her looking how I want her too, I click the check mark, and when I got back to live mode she still looks like she did before I went into CAS.

@elanorbreton Paint mode is lacking a mirror option. I was hoping it was just the button that was missing and that I could use it with hot keys but that doesn't work either. So far those are the only issues I've encountered.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 613 Member
    edited June 2022
    Heads up to anyone who doesn't like the vamp/werewolf relationship thing. If you do manage to get them to be friends like I eventually did here, do not try the "ask for werewolf sympathy" interaction. Not only will it not work but it'll tank the heck out of your relationship. Straight up killed the friendship and I had build it back up lol

The more I think about it, that's kind of a wasted opportunity. If you can manage to convince a vampire to have sympathy for werewolves, that'd be a cool way to circumvent the automatic hatred. Like...they made friends with a werewolf and now they know not to judge all of the ones that they meet going forward.
    unknown.png?width=1124&height=586

From my experience this is false. Or at least there's way more conditions attached to it instead of a simple "don't do this".

I tested it out 3 times with sims who were friends, werewolf and a vampire. Every single time the vampire was cool with it. He was confident 3/3 so that very well might affect it (though I doubt it since the sim in that above picture seems to be confient as well, I'd say your relationship score is way more meaningful). But, I don't see what's the big deal if it's tied to emotion. That's basically how all the interaction works in this game.
    rgVRsmW.jpg
    iXbs5mF.jpg
    HCg1gT0.jpg

BONUS. When Harper went into his house to test stuff out he actually proceeded to immediately flatter her lol.
    07oVsLT.jpg
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    Posted from the "Did you know" thread. Figured it might be useful here too:
    So uh...Hope everyone knows that it's possible for your werewolves to die from their own fury.

unknown.png?width=1129&height=586

He went into his rampage mode like he typically does every now and then. Only this time...it killed him. Guess that's something to watch out for...

Is there a way to lower the fury meter before it gets to this point? Because if this is something that might happen, I might be stopping my werewolves from rampaging as often.

• Options
    Thrior wrote: »
    Heads up to anyone who doesn't like the vamp/werewolf relationship thing. If you do manage to get them to be friends like I eventually did here, do not try the "ask for werewolf sympathy" interaction. Not only will it not work but it'll tank the heck out of your relationship. Straight up killed the friendship and I had build it back up lol

The more I think about it, that's kind of a wasted opportunity. If you can manage to convince a vampire to have sympathy for werewolves, that'd be a cool way to circumvent the automatic hatred. Like...they made friends with a werewolf and now they know not to judge all of the ones that they meet going forward.
    unknown.png?width=1124&height=586

From my experience this is false. Or at least there's way more conditions attached to it instead of a simple "don't do this".

I tested it out 3 times with sims who were friends, werewolf and a vampire. Every single time the vampire was cool with it. He was confident 3/3 so that very well might affect it (though I doubt it since the sim in that above picture seems to be confient as well, I'd say your relationship score is way more meaningful). But, I don't see what's the big deal if it's tied to emotion. That's basically how all the interaction works in this game.
    rgVRsmW.jpg
    iXbs5mF.jpg
    HCg1gT0.jpg

BONUS. When Harper went into his house to test stuff out he actually proceeded to immediately flatter her lol.
    07oVsLT.jpg

So it’s randomized or based on traits, then?

My questions crossposted from the other thread:

So there is tension and lowering of the bar, even if the two occults were friends/lovers/etc? Is it the same for family relatives as well?

Also: Does this stay the same if you rotate away from them and then return to that household?

I’m nervous that it will somehow glitch and lower/rubberband the relationship back down (like if the game suddenly remembered the concrete lore of the forced animosity and re-initiate it again).
    (She/her)
  • Options
    KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    Overall, so far, I'm still interested in eventually getting Werewolves. However, I'm disappointed that:

1. Werewolf packs are not customizable and we are limited to the two packs that Maxis created. I was hoping to be able to create my own werewolf pack using the same system.

2. Mooncasters are only part of the lore. When Mooncasters were first mentioned, I was hoping that meant that the pack would either: bring some new cross-pack gameplay elements for those that own both Werewolves & Realm of Magic; or that the pack would come with something like an alchemy skill, so that werewolves could practice their own form of "magic."

3. The pack doesn't appear to come with any new learnable skills. For example, it would have been nice to see: a lycanthropy skill, an astronomy skill, and/or the aforementioned alchemy skill.

4. There are only five buildable lots. I know that it is only a GP, but I want at least one large occult themed world for my sims.

I am not used to CLubs yet on the sims, but my way around it was creating a Werewolf club for rejected sims that didn't get chosen to be in the pack. Idk what the benefits of being in a pack are. Maybe the sims can hunt together? But yeah, it would've been awesome to create packs. But a band-aide situation would be to just create a club. Werewolf activities are limited in club, tho