Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Occult Conflicts: Yay or Nay in your Play?

There has been talk and speculation on whether or not their will be built in conflict amongst occults with the new werewolf pack coming out. Just to be clear. I am not asking if you want "forced conflict" in the game. For the purpose of this thread, lets assume conflict will be optional. I think it will be fun to just learn how everyone plays with their occult communities.

Are you a player who likes to have some conflict amongst your occults, or do they live peacefully amongst one another?

Feel free to explain your choice as well.
If you like some conflict, is it between occults, is it factions within an occult, both?
Do some avoid the ongoing conflict?
Are your conflicts only amongst certain types of occults, with others living more peacefully?

If you play more harmoniously, do you always play nice, or is there the occasional "bad guy?"
Do you prefer more romance, and/or family focused play?

I am curios what inspires y'all with your supernatural beings!

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
| Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |

Occult Conflicts: Yay or Nay in your Play? 164 votes

I play with some type of conflict.
50%
honeypooh1267EvvieSimmerGoldmoldarBreeSashaKita5399Colorist40overonPlayerSinger2010imhappyStrangerthanshellbemeNyxLunaStarheiblumeAnmirlaMariefoxprice83luthienrisingMindofyDarkLady2788YautjagirlTorie 82 votes
I play more harmonious.
17%
bshag4lvSara1010Pdavidp0418elemmeleElnVldsimgirl1010freindlylolfriendlysimmerscchant86mlmeadowsgc6164Felicity1169LatinaBunnyOldeseadoggeKyreRoenDaniRose2143xxxsillysimsmikamakimonAtreya33SERVERFRA 28 votes
Pineapple absolutely belongs on pizza.
22%
rudy8292julienrob2004MichelleWNighteyesWrenryMi9shaoscarBoergeAarg61RepoSimplyJenWinterKhirinrevgrvDaraviEmmaVaneMoonfoxNightcryWinifred_WillowSimsLovinLycanAineCeridwenBreazonamusteni 37 votes
I am traumatized by the above option..
10%
BluegayleelanorbretonKennziKaigeStinalinaDevalaousviola-illyriaChadSims2RedDestiny92ScotsimBlueR0seRavenSpitGordytelemwillIsharellTammorsfiggyUpside 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I have no idea how I will play once werewolves are introduced. I would like all options on the table.

Except pineapple on pizza...
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited June 2022
    I absolutely put conflict in my game, but I’m not sold on the usual occult vs occult tropes. Right now, my magical beings have created a land of their own called The Myst because of a conflict with humans who were trying to control or eliminate them with help from alien tech. Vampires and cursed beings have been banished to their own world and want an alliance with the people of The Myst, who don’t quite trust them. It remains to be seen where werewolves will fall.

None of my play is family focused.

And, yeah. Pineapple pizza all the way.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I, personally, find the Fur vs. Fang trope to be a little played out, but then having spent nearly a decade running a World of Darkness crossover before Underworld was a thing may have colored my opinions.

That said, I don't have my occults operating in harmony either. I just have my conflicts on a more personal level (Morgyn vs Vlad, for example) rather than by Occult type.

And I love a pineapple, ham, and onion pizza, but then I've always known I was a weirdo. :smiley:
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,859 Member
    edited June 2022
    I play more harmonious.
    It depends on the story. I'd say 80-90% of my saves are pretty tame, very little in the way of physical fights, more like dueling schemes. But even a good girl has to be bad sometimes so there are those saves where anarchy reigns and fights happen and really intense rivalries are formed.

ETA: Absolutely pineapple on pizza, are you kidding me.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I like both and I wouldn't say traumatized so much as burn it and throw it in the river.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I am not gonna lie. Part of my desire to post this is for inspiration. I am not into an occult vs occult story, and I don't have that in my game now. But I have been wanting to create some element of conflict for my occults. I like conflict. I do only have evil vamps currently, and have considered broadening that.. I am not sure though.

Also just for clarification, if you haven't had Pineapple on BBQ chicken pizza, I weep for you.
    cyncie wrote: »
    Right now, my magical beings have created a land of their own called The Myst because of a conflict with humans who were trying to control or eliminate them with help from alien tech. Vampires and cursed beings have been banished to their own world and want an alliance with the people of The Myst, who don’t quite trust them.

Wow, that is amazing. I love it!

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I like chaos and conflict but not in a vampires against spellcasters way. I often play households with mermaids, vamps, and spellcasters under one roof. It's more of a personality conflict thing. Meanies, goofballs, cheerful, that kind of thing. No matter what kind of household I play, I like things to be lively. I never really played with werewolves in previous iterations. Never in TS2 and rarely in TS3 so I don't really know what my plans are for them, whenever I get the pack. It would be fun if you also had Cats & Dogs and they could get fleas and can be scolded for bringing fleas into the house. :D
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,859 Member
    I play more harmonious.
    I am not gonna lie. Part of my desire to post this is for inspiration. I am not into an occult vs occult story, and I don't have that in my game now. But I have been wanting to create some element of conflict for my occults. I like conflict. I do only have evil vamps currently, and have considered broadening that.. I am not sure though.

Also just for clarification, if you haven't had Pineapple on BBQ chicken pizza, I weep for you.
    Right now, my magical beings have created a land of their own called The Myst because of a conflict with humans who were trying to control or eliminate them with help from alien tech. Vampires and cursed beings have been banished to their own world and want an alliance with the people of The Myst, who don’t quite trust them.

Umm, yes I have, with jalapeños too.

• Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I picked the answer in favor of conflict since I would love to see this included in the pack, but I'm actually somewhere in the middle and could see myself playing with a mixture of both of these.

However for me, the conflict won't be as much of an "all werewolves hate vampires and vice versa" sort of thing but rather that certain groups of werewolves hate vampires, or certain vampires hate spellcasters, etc sort of thing. Think of it in terms of the Cullens and Quileutes. While the Quileutes had a treaty with the Cullens, this wasn't the case for all other vampires in the series like say, James' Coven. My conflict would be more the Quileutes vs James' Coven as opposed to Quileutes vs all vampires.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member

Thanks. The story started with my Morgyn Ember fascination. I took him on a personal journey that ended up with this magical world being created. Now it’s a big magical playground that keeps growing.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Faction based conflict for me (and pineapple, please). A Sulani mermaid has a drastically different background from an US mermaid, for example. The first is most likely a highly respected and fiercely loyal officer or politician, while the latter signed a contract they read only in passing because they needed money and therefore will always be more of a wildcard.
    My law enforcement by now looks like Ankh Morpork's Nightwatch, with all the occults that draw on their own cultural heritage, but at the end of the day are all cops. These sims are the main focus of my gameplay, whenever a new pack drops my cops get drawn into the events resulting from it and emerge with a new power, trinket or department. That works for me, because my lore is inspired by Shadowrun, with ages of magic and mundane ages, so every time magic awakenens, the occults pop up in already exisiting structures. They therefore have a strong identity as mobsters, cops or businesspeople that overrides racial ties.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Generally, all the occult communities in my game live separately, with minimal crossover. There has been some wars, but there's an uneasy peace now. They've formed a political council with members of each group to try and keep the peace.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I play more harmonious.
    I love it when everyone gets along...I know, I'm weird. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    When Spellcasters arrived I had conflict. The eventual solution was one of my beloved vampire brothers being cured and becoming a spellcaster. The two still rule the world, but they have separate households most of the time, (sometimes they join up).
    When Fursonas arrive, (can't call that thing a werewolf until I see the CAS options :p), I'm planning to eventually end up with the third, little played brother, finally getting some limelight. This will entail more conflict!

Oh and totally pineapple on pizza. I couldn't vote twice.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Conflict conflict conflict! The humans doesn't want Occults around so the occults try and stay hidden. The evil vampire clan leader has formed a group of followers who want war with humans while the clan of good ones wants peace and that's where the conflict arises between the three groups.
    Mermaids are the rarest and an endangered species so currently I only have one main mermaid.
    I do have a few spellcasters and aliens but they blend in easily amongst humans.
    Can't wait to see where werewolves fit in. 🙈
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    edited June 2022
    I play more harmonious.
    In my main save I think of my occult Sims as something along the lines of, say The Wolf Among Us or (for any of my fellow Dimension 20 lovers) The Unsleeping City. They live amongst human Sims, but there are only certain places where they're free to...express themselves, for lack of better phrasing 😂 Basically they exist, but mostly in a secretive kind of way (with a few exceptions). Pretty much any world besides San Myshuno (and the specific occult worlds) don't have any as far as the human Sims know.

As far as how my occult Sims relate to each other, there aren't necessarily any big rivalries, but certain occult Sims are seen as being in higher power, having a reputation, etc. So a few rivalries are bound to pop up, but none necessarily relating to specific occult types. That might change with the addition of werewolves, though! Maybe I might snag a few ideas from this thread and put some more lore into my save 🤔

Excellent thread! I'm loving reading everyone's stories for their worlds 🤩

EDIT: Oh yeah and pineapple on pizza is not for me but please don't let me stop you, live your best life y'all 🙌
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes please
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Right now there isn't a lot I feel I can do for conflict, or at least wide spread. I have my vampires in Forgotten Hollow; mermaids in Sulani; and casters in Glimmerbrook. The most I have really been able to stir up is the feud between Straud and Vatore and letting old man Straud get his knickers in a twist over who his kids are dating. (And I added plenty more occults, besides developing their neighborhoods and making everything a haunted house.)

If casters had been more interesting, who knows what might have been sparked in my head, but right now I see werewolves as an opportunity to shake up my status quo. I don't know anything about forced conflict, but it makes sense in my mind that some occults don't like each other and some do for different reasons. So long as I can make unique individuals like with the vampire perk points, I will be able to paint with all sorts of interesting hues of gray.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Everything isn't sunshine and lollipops in my game, even when it is. Individual conflicts? Definitely. Group conflicts based on actual reasons? Most certainly. But as in real life, I have no use for conflicts between groups of sims just because they're different kinds of groups, occult types or not.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    I play more harmonious.
    In general, my occults would get along and are in mixed families.

But, of course, there is always some prejudice or bias in the communities, just like in real life.

For example, in a family gathering, you may have that one racist/species-ist aunt/uncle or grandfather (or old family friend, etc) at the table, lol. Le sigh. 😅
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2022
    I once rolled a vampire in Create A Story and he had music lover, cat lover, and self assured traits. I moved him to Brindleton Bay and he was a pariah. The humans took an instant dislike to him. He had a couple of friends, one was another vampire (Lilith) and Oliana Ngata. That was it. Everywhere he went, other sims reacted badly to him and he had a bad reputation, so he began rescuing strays around Brindleton Bay. He was very happy being a cat rescuer and stopped caring about being accepted by humans.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The vampires and the spellcasters absolutely do not get along in my world. However, open conflict is not an option as far as maintaining the masquerade goes. So the spellcasters keep to locales that are deemed to be under their control -- Glimmerbrook, Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade, Evergreen Harbor. The vampires largely remain in their strongholds in Forgotten Hollow, Brindelton Bay, Britechester and Windenburg. There will likely be some realignment when the werewolves drop.
  • Options
    Conflict conflict conflict! The humans doesn't want Occults around so the occults try and stay hidden. The evil vampire clan leader has formed a group of followers who want war with humans while the clan of good ones wants peace and that's where the conflict arises between the three groups.
    Mermaids are the rarest and an endangered species so currently I only have one main mermaid.
    I do have a few spellcasters and aliens but they blend in easily amongst humans.
    Can't wait to see where werewolves fit in. 🙈

My occults try to stay hidden from humans as well. I have a few that are in the know, and those that have interest and try to seek out occult life to find out if it's real. Especially my witches who I define as humans. My vamps, (unofficial) faeries and mermaids know of one another, but my aliens stay hidden from all other beings (or are trying to anyway). My vamps are all evil, but I haven't created a scenario in which anyone is fighting them thus far. I am still working on interconnecting their story lines.

Finvola wrote: »
    I once rolled a vampire in Create A Story and he had music lover, cat lover, and self assured traits. I moved him to Brindleton Bay and he was a pariah. The humans took an instant dislike to him. He had a couple of friends, one was another vampire (Lilith) and Oliana Ngata. That was it. Everywhere he went, other sims reacted badly to him and he had a bad reputation, so he began rescuing strays around Brindleton Bay. He was very happy being a cat rescuer and stopped caring about being accepted by humans.

LOL That is excellent..

• Options
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I love it when everyone gets along...I know, I'm weird. :D

I don't think anyone's play style is weird.
    Wait. :confused:
    Okay that isn't totally true. I have come across some things we cannot discuss here, and I find some of it a bit weird..
    But in general, heh, I don't. I know some people do nothing but create sims, they get bored playing, and just create more sims. And while that would bore me to tears, I get how it appeals to others. That is one of the things that makes the sims so awesome imo. There is such a variety in how people play the game. Ultimately we all are just playing in a way that gets us excited, chills us out, or makes us feel good.

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2022
    I play with conflict between individual sims or families. Occult state doesn't play into it.

For example, the Goths do not hang out with the bad Landgraabs, and if they do have to socialise then the Goths keep it civil, while the bad Landgraabs make it hostile. The exceptions are Geoffrey (who is deep undercover to spy on Nancy's crime ring, also Bella's co-worker), and Johnny Zest who disassociated himself with the family once disowned by changing his name. I always give Johnny a good relationship with his dad, but bad relationship with Nancy/Malcolm.

I can see myself treating werewolves the same way. If there are packs with different themes, I could even have sims from the same household be part of different packs. It's the kind of thing I decide based on each individual's personality and future goals.