The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play as your Simself?

Comments

• Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    I'm in this poll and I don't like it
    I had several incarnations of my Sim Self in the Sims1 days, but after dying one to many times, I've never done it again.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    Who cares, are we finally getting #JusticeForOccults
    #WolfJusticeIsServered🥳🥳??
    #NowGiveUsZombies🥳

No I can't do it. I made one before just to see if I could make myself and it creeped me out almost like a voodoo doll. So then I evicted myself and made myself a Townie. Everytime I popped up on my sims I felt creeped out again 😂😂 quick delete.
    The most I have made since then is a sim that looks "similar" to me since we got the South Asian kit, which doesn't bother me and is kind of cool. But to see my twin is a no no. And I made a sort of toddler version that resembled me as a toddler. But besides that I really want to know and feel like I'm playing a fun video game VS trying to live through it. I have these huge mirrors in my house because I practice and learn dancing, (traditional as well as other styles)
    I think that's enough of seeing myself 😅

I have no problem with how people choose to play. Simselves didn't start with ts4 and I try to respect all the different playstyles, but I think when EA makes the focus of their promotion the simself and representation it ultimately leads to more confusion, nerfing,and outrages because people get so absorbed and forget this is "just" a game. It seems like they think it's real life and they must fight tooth and nail to make sure everything is 100% accurate to life and justice is upheld.
    But games as I've always known them are wild, games are glitchy, games are silly, buggy, weird, inaccuate, fantasized fun and senseless. Games are the manifestion of a vision the Devs dream up for it in order to transport you to another world.
    I feel like once that is forgotten it stops being a video game.

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Fun survey, I liked the choices. I had to vote with my heart, so #justiceforoccults. However, in all seriousness, I have never created a simself. The idea feels weird to me, almost creepy in a way, but I don't know why. I have created sims with similar personalities and interests, but they don't look like me and definitely don't live the life I lead. I've also never made sims who look like family or friends. Or enemies either, lol.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    Yes, sometimes
    I made my simself and one of my coworkers for fun and both sims are so spot on it's kind of uncanny. I feel weird when my simself shows up on a lot. My coworker says the sim I made for her looks more like her than she does. lol
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,360 Member
    I've created a Simself but I haven't played as it
    I mostly use my Simself to start new saves where I plan on mostly building, or when I'm re-attempting to make a template save. I import her into the starting CAS when you start a new save, tuck her away in a starter house or apartment, then move on to whatever else I was planning to do in the save.

On occasion, I'll pull her into the game to take some screenshots, or test the playability of a community lot.

I've no intention of ever actually playing her.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,501 Member
    Because I'm too sexy for its code.
    The game can't handle it and always stops responding the moment I place him (me, *sigh*) in the world, just so that it can ogle at my simself. Code Ogling Code. Gorgeous code at that.
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 306 Member
    No, I've thought about it but it's not really my thing
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I don't like myself enough to make a sim self.

I'm sad that you feel that way about yourself. I'm sure there are aspects of you that are totally awesome - you just haven't noticed them yet.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited May 2022
    I don't have any interest in playing my simself. Instead I placed her in Oasis Springs then marked her as immortal with a mod. Also made sure to turn off romance options for her. Now my sims have a chance of meeting her anywhere. I did the same in TS3.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Yes, sometimes
    Yes my Simself has joined my rotation. She is chilling in Henford-on-Bagely and playing with her is not as boring as before with the Cottage Living items. Basically I have her living that Harvest Moon/SoS/Animal Crossing life that I dream of hehe.

She has become the main sim I use to address village errands.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I don't have any interest in playing my simself. Instead I placed her in Oasis Springs then marked her as immortal with a mod. Also made sure to turn off romance options for her. Now my sims have a chance of meeting her anywhere. I did the same in TS3.
    That's actually a smart idea, that I may borrow. The immortal option exist in MCCC if I remember correctly.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    That's actually a smart idea, that I may borrow. The immortal option exist in MCCC if I remember correctly.

Under sim flags I think.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    HAND OVER THE OCCULTS ALREADY!

On topic, I have a rule where I never make sims that are intentionally based on real people, myself included. Alot of weird, wacky and inappropriate stuff occurs in my game, and I'd rather not have a simified version of myself or anyone else dealing with it.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,091 Member
    My simself is in my current save, but as an NPC. I have played "me" in the past, both in earlier sim-games and in sims4 but tend to stop at some time. I can do "now" fairly well, but it gets weird when the game moves to the future - also I tend to get bored as I'm just not interesting enough. I take out my own trash in real life, I don't need to do it in game too. More fun to play someone else.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,940 Member
    edited May 2022
    In a way its a yes and a no, there comes a time where a simself of mine becomes so far apart from the real me even their name changes. Sometimes they're much older, sometimes they've became a cat and back again thanks to Sims 3s console powers. They're always me in all but heart.

Hey, I've even found a townie with my last name before and even had a suspiscously similar named Sim born just to be able to say I didn't create myself! Indirect self-Sim creation is a genuinely hilarious thing I hope to try in a proper legacy one day.

...As a result... Am I me anymore, or is me just something else entirely?

Just don't go loading up old PS2s saves of mine or you'll see a self-sim Graveyard
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,366 Member
    I tried to, but it always ended in uncomfortable ways:
    - The first challenge he was in, he got abducted and returned pregant, as if nature wanted to remind me that I'm genetically female and should start doing my job :s
    - Then he developed feelings for a sim I had created myself. Not quite as creepy as the abduction, but still way out of my comfort zone.
    - He easily fulfilled my lifetime ambition, something I struggle with, and also finished off the Landgraab mafia in one fell swoop. That hurt.

So now he and his daughter are part of the rotational save as townies. I'm the head of forensics at the GTW police station, something that isn't too much of a stretch from real life. It's heartwaming to see my kid interact with my co-workers' children and myself with my favorite sims.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited May 2022
    No, never
    What it says in the title, do you play as your Simself? Feel free to comment why you do or don't.

I actually feel uncomfortable playing as my simself. Plus the simself in question is an alternate-reality version of me. She doesn't have my real name.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    Because I'm too sexy for its code.
    The game can't handle it and always stops responding the moment I place him (me, *sigh*) in the world, just so that it can ogle at my simself. Code Ogling Code. Gorgeous code at that.

Captain I- 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited May 2022
    Actually, I have recreated my whole family; hubby, kids, and pets. Created them and released them into the wild, but I could never bring myself to play with the family. In real life, my eldest son now has a child, is in the military, and is divorced. The youngest son just graduated from college, is married, and getting ready to leave the country. The idea of playing the sim version of my kids is just too weird for me.

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,088 Member
    edited May 2022
    wouldn't it be so funny if we did forum simself group picture :lol: but i assume it would be a struggle to piece together
    maybe less so if sims were put in same game but again cc n stuff
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,088 Member
    edited May 2022
    Yes, all the time
    HAND OVER THE OCCULTS ALREADY!

On topic, I have a rule where I never make sims that are intentionally based on real people, myself included. Alot of weird, wacky and inappropriate stuff occurs in my game, and I'd rather not have a simified version of myself or anyone else dealing with it.

With the sims I create to add to my worlds and stories, I never choose names that are the same as someone I know well. One exception is ordinary or really common names I use them, it's the more uncommon or rare names that I make it a point to avoid. It does limit names a tiny wee bit, but even with premades, I'll change names. Most times Caleb Vatore gets a new first name because I had a coworker named Caleb.
    I don't want too much of the real world in my escapist world. And even though I play my sim as a simself, she is only a surrogate to allow me to do and experience things otherwise impossible or difficult. Me and her are a team, not a single entity. That's what keeps it from getting weird for me anyway.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Yes, sometimes
    Sort of? I have a number of different near-simselves. I don't give any of them my exact name (or rhyming names... just names that are vaguely similar), and they don't look exactly like me... just similar coloring and hairstyle, etc. Their fashion/style/aesthetic sensiblities are similar to my own. I don't play with any of them that often, but they're all in the rotation in my main save. I generally start them as young adults (I'm well into the adult stage myself!) and they're really sort of there to play out "path not taken" scenarios that are similar to my own life. What if I had switched to the archaeology major I considered? What if I my legal career had taken a different path? What if I'd decided to write novels fulltime instead? What if I'd stayed in the city instead of moving to the suburbs, or what if I moved to the country to raise cows instead, or to a beachside cottage? Would that one ex-fiance have been as terrible of a husband as I suspected? (Sims 4 verdict: yes!) How would I decorate my house if I'd bought the Victorian I always wanted instead of a Tudor-style home? I, too, feel like it would be weird somehow to recreate my own actual kids, but sometimes instead I have sim kids and give them the names we couldn't agree on IRL. :D

I will say, I probably played my simselves more during the worst of the pandemic lockdown than I normally do. I personally found it comforting to be able to travel, go to music festivals, etc., via an avatar in TS4 when I couldn't really do it. But I could see how someone else might find it more frustrating.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,178 Member
    I want Fairies, Genies & Wolfies, oh my. ;)
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,088 Member
    edited May 2022
    Yes, all the time
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I don't like myself enough to make a sim self.
    I'm sad that you feel that way about yourself. I'm sure there are aspects of you that are totally awesome - you just haven't noticed them yet.

I'm sorry I missed this comment earlier, I would have spoken up sooner. I know the feeling, I have struggled most of my life with self-esteem and self-acceptance. @grevilliablue is absolutely right, everybody has something about them that is special and wonderful and worthy of being loved for. Even if they can't see it themselves, it's there. Finding someone you trust who you can open up to and talk with helps a lot. That's how I got myself headed in the right direction.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 890 Member
    No, I've thought about it but it's not really my thing
    I've only created a Simself for the Sims 2, and that was at a request of a friend. She wanted me to create Harry Potter based Sims, Draco, Harry and Ron, and make versions of ourselves to be with them. I only played them when she asked about them, or when we hung out.
    I have considered maybe making a SimSelf for Sims 4, but it was always ends up being as a no.
    With games, not just the Sims, that require the main character to be based on you, I opt out on that as well.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,161 Member
    Other
    Sorta, kinda. The couple I play is loosely based on me and my husband. They have our names but look nothing like us. Also, in game we have 3 daughters whereas in real life we have 2 sons. I wanted to play with girls since we never had a little girl of our own. All of the extended family in game is based on real life extended family members. My siblings and their spouses and children, my husband's siblings and spouses and their children, and our parents.