Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Send Your Ghosts To the Netherworld?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited May 2022
    Ok, this was a tough one but I finally decided to send Tommy and Adam to the Netherworld.

I created a new holiday in the calendar called 'Remembrance Sunday" and it is held in Autumn like the real one does in the UK.

Tommy's widow Miki (Nee Akiyama) threw the service in the form of a black and white bash attended by Miki's parents and brother, Tommy's parents and his 5 siblings.

Sadly I couldn't get everyone gathered the graves to mourn at the same time but here are some pics from the event:
    9OKD9Pe.png

The moment Tommy and Adam were sent to the Netherworld:
    TcqitP4.png

Everyone gathers in the kitchen for food by the caterer:
    wv89PWZ.png

At the end of the event Miki went and cried it out. She keeps a photo of her and Tommy by her bedside:
    UqkCcaN.png

And one from the archive. This is from early Spring 1980 with Tommy, Miki and his twin sister Sienna playing videogames after school one afternoon. This is not long after My sim self, Tommy's mother Liberty, Tommy and Sienna moved in to their childhood house.
    t70JAj8.png
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    No... I usually end up feeling bad and bring them back to life with cheats... :D
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    I usually wait for the game to delete them, but some do autonomously cry and reawaken it. Although they are fun until they end up breaking things!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Options
    naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    I used to release ghosts immediately until I got a mod that stopped them from breaking things. Now I determine if they should stick around depending on their traits/relationship with those they left behind.
  • Options
    SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    No not usually, depends on gameplay and how attached I get to the sim ghost. I like to keep them alive because then on the family tree their face still shows up. Sometimes the game breaks my tomb stone tho. I wish that the devs would create a secret world for the netherworld so that if something like that does happen of you need your sim back for gameplay that you can meet Grim and plead for their return as a ghost. But just like Phoebe Buffay once said "nobody wants a ghost but you've got one"
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I don't bother releasing them. I just plop their urns/gravestones into the graveyard and let them just fade on their own but then the Sims that have died or I have killed are Sims that I really don't care for. None of the Sims that I play much or care for haven't died as of yet. I will probably just do the same for them as well or maybe make them a playable Sims. I really haven't thought that far ahead yet.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,038 Member
    I almost always release them if it's someone my sim knows, otherwise I let them be until they fade away on their own. In a previous save I kept the founders of the family on, and had them in my family club so they could watch over their future generations - but otherwise I just get rid of them.

I also used to have a graveyard, but I hate giving up lot space for one. After I figured out that you can drop a tombstone pretty much anywhere as long as your sim have the tombstone in their inventory I've realised you can make graveyards in those public places that you don't have much else use for. So now I have started one in Sulani in that little hideaway beach:
    AVvXsEhcpEsGjMvcKyTPcuK8FMGTPO6Szm1jgEI0l8H6b2YR-yryHM7b8cfB_iazwSr03DVPBejFwymJLwVIPwDU9MO-NmTPaJZQuHLESMENmWaE6oI554KZZfmU90FPTXGujeheV8F4NVZSyLNapohFMW4NdMEyuRFFi1Ab3vg8mUuwbo6Nk9Kzo4H_DcHF3Q=w640-h340

And one in Willow Creek behind the BFF house:
    Bild1.png
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I release them unless they have a role to play in a storyline. By "release" I mean that I delete them because I have no need for ghosts outside of rare story purposes.

How do you delete them other than release them? I would love to cull my ghosts as I have an "invite any sim" mod installed, and the number of ghosts to scroll through are annoyingly high at the moment.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    I almost always release them if it's someone my sim knows, otherwise I let them be until they fade away on their own. In a previous save I kept the founders of the family on, and had them in my family club so they could watch over their future generations - but otherwise I just get rid of them.

I also used to have a graveyard, but I hate giving up lot space for one. After I figured out that you can drop a tombstone pretty much anywhere as long as your sim have the tombstone in their inventory I've realised you can make graveyards in those public places that you don't have much else use for. So now I have started one in Sulani in that little hideaway beach:
    AVvXsEhcpEsGjMvcKyTPcuK8FMGTPO6Szm1jgEI0l8H6b2YR-yryHM7b8cfB_iazwSr03DVPBejFwymJLwVIPwDU9MO-NmTPaJZQuHLESMENmWaE6oI554KZZfmU90FPTXGujeheV8F4NVZSyLNapohFMW4NdMEyuRFFi1Ab3vg8mUuwbo6Nk9Kzo4H_DcHF3Q=w640-h340

And one in Willow Creek behind the BFF house:
    Bild1.png
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I release them unless they have a role to play in a storyline. By "release" I mean that I delete them because I have no need for ghosts outside of rare story purposes.

How do you delete them other than release them? I would love to cull my ghosts as I have an "invite any sim" mod installed, and the number of ghosts to scroll through are annoyingly high at the moment.

I use MCCC to periodically delete all ghosts that currently exist in the save. If you have (and use) the current version of MCCC, click on a mailbox and choose MC Cheats > Deletion Cheats for all the options available.

I like your idea about dropping headstones, by the way. I've done that occasionally in the past for atmospheric reasons. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    I used to almost immediately after a household or family member died release their spirit because the ghosts annoyed me so much. But recently whenever I plan on playing with a family for a long period of time (like the legacy I'm playing right now is on gen 3/4), I will make a 'graveyard' lot which is just a generic lot with a custom 'graveyard' lot trait. And when a member of the family dies (or a random person I'm on the same lot as and I'm feeling kind) I will place their grave on the lot instead of releasing them right away. And that way the sims from future gens can go and see the remains of their ancestors in an actual nice area that isn't just the backyard of their house.