Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Would Save The Sims For You?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited May 2022
    I wonder if it can be upgraded to a new engine without a new game? Originally, I didn't even know it was possible. However, in recent months, I know of 2-3 "indie" games I have that changed to heavily overhauled, updated, or sometimes entirely new engines. Of course, these were all "early access" and some are as old as TS4.

I think that having an engine originally designed for an MMO is the root of most of TS4's problems, and why we don't have open worlds and cars, among other things.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Everything in my sig.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited May 2022

If there is urban, it needs to feel as well as look that way. Sims need lots of places to go and things to do in those settngs. Restaurants, snack shops, cafes, and fast food need to be inside buildings, not a free-standing stand. Those are roaming mobile carts, not sheds. There should be mass transit options, taxis, historic sites, theatres, music venues, sports facilities and so much more. I live close to a world-class city, Boston, and all of San Myhuno does not come close to even one neighborhood of that city.

As a New Yorker, I agree!

I especially agree regarding the kiosks. It seems that nearly every new pack brings more of them. I would much rather see all of the things that you mentioned and more, such as multi-function lots that can hold more venues.

There are so many possibilities and none of them can be squeezed into a tiny stall. It's long past time to drop that particular crutch and move onto something else.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Saturn830Saturn830 Posts: 54 Member
    Improved and expanded worlds, ideally with an world constructor or at least editor to go with them. I don't actually need open world - I certainly wouldn't say no to it of course - but I do need places to go, things to do, and people to meet if I'm going to play 4 beyond the CAS and Build screens.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited May 2022
    Saturn830 wrote: »
    Improved and expanded worlds, ideally with an world constructor or at least editor to go with them. I don't actually need open world - I certainly wouldn't say no to it of course - but I do need places to go, things to do, and people to meet if I'm going to play 4 beyond the CAS and Build screens.

I agree, Open World would be a bonus but I prefer a edit tool to alter the neighborhoods or create as with a color wheel or what tool Sims 3 used to get colors beyond the Primary Color Schemes.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    As a New Yorker, I agree!

I especially agree regarding the kiosks. It seems that nearly every new pack brings more of them. I would much rather see all of the things that you mentioned and more, such as multi-function lots that can hold more venues.

There are so many possibilities and none of them can be squeezed into a tiny stall. It's long past time to drop that particular crutch and move onto something else.

Fully with you! Thanks to Uncle Sam's canoe club have been to some first rank cities - New York, Los Angeles, Honolulu (love that place!), Taipei (Taiwan - during Chinese New Year, yet!), Sasebo (Japan), British Hong Kong (Delightful place! Went there twice, ah, the memories...) - so have a fair idea of what a city world could and should be. San Myshuno and Del Sol Valley are a joke in comparison.

• Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Open world. Create-A-Style. Without those, no for me. I haven't played since I bought the base game. I just don't like the limitations. I like to go forward, not backward and the Sims 4, for me, went backward.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited May 2022
    If I were making sims 5, I would start with the sims themselves - giving them more depth and personality. Since I tend to write quite a bit I'll put it behind a cut.
    First, I would want sliders for each sims main personality, something along the lines of:
    • outgoing - loner
    • nice - mean
    • slob - neat
    • lazy - active
    • insecure - self assured
    • adventurous - habitual.

Second, I'd add the traits we have in sims 4, kind of like quirks, so things like genius, hot-headed, ambitious, kleptomaniac... These would be assigned automatically in the game (though changeable with a simple cheat). Depending on your core personality as well as how common they would be, you'd be more or less likely to get one (for instance someone who is very kind would be less likely to be a kleptomaniac).

Third, I'd keep, but expand, lifestyles from Snowy Escape as well as character values from parenthood and call them something along the lines of "acquired traits". Things like bookworm, vegetarian, art lover would be added there, along with outdoorsy and the rest. These would entirely depend on your sims actions and choices. No one would be an art lover without viewing art, going to museums or painting for instance. Some of these you'd get when you've done something enough times (like lifestyles) others when you age up. Elderly sims would have a trait that is based on their life in general (nostalgic, bitter, cougar...)

Fourth, and finally, I'd add phases. Not just for kids and teens, but for older ages as well. They'd be less common as you'd age up, and more tied with life events, for instance uni students might get one that lasts as long as they are students (studious, party, jock...), new parents would get one (worried parent, loving parent, relaxed parent), divorces and death of spouces, parents or children could be others. As middle age happens mid life crises would be possible with this system.

All these would work together, influence the sims mood, reactions, whims, preferences and autonomic actions. Together with more possible interactions between sims, I think this is the most important for a new game. Worlds, objects, careers can all be expanded, added onto and fixed - but if the sims are one dimensional then the game is too.

Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!