Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best expansion pack based on it's world?

chocolatefrostingchocolatefrosting Posts: 67 Member
I'd like to see what you guys think the best expansion pack is solely based on its world. Not just which one is the best world but, which one did the best job of staying true to the pack it came attached with. How does the world fit the theme of the pack, how does it utilize the architecture, what other special interactive or non-interactive features does it have that are specific to the pack, etc.

Best expansion pack based on it's world? 173 votes

Get Together (Windenberg)
26%
auroraael14bshag4lvihavesorelegsnowMichelleWalexspoom13rudolphaJueJueimhappyncisGibbs02JestTruMoon_WillowAeriexo11FreygeaMilutinMujovicSati101gc6164emereTeeSeaDaraviCsibeubi3 46 votes
City Living (San Myshuno)
10%
Frn0731bandit5VageniusmlmeadowssimmietimeFelicity1169Sorak4KyreRoenRedShoe7DaniRose2143filipomelEvilyn_1007Mondaytatselkmightyspritefiggywahini2024Tempest329Phobostime 19 votes
Cats and Dogs (Brindleton Bay)
6%
Mi9shaoscarDarkLady2788Torieashcrash19jcp011c2Gemmie12DoloresGreyEvaliynjoRN1414birdonawireReaganbogan 11 votes
Get Famous (Del Sol Valley)
0%
ChadSims2 1 vote
Island Living (Sulani)
25%
icmnfrshJadeleinejujee55mcruddIsb917haneulBeardedgeeksimgirl1010loubylouloucatloverplayerBabykittyjadelanlynbixtersfullspiralayyitsmelllenorcaOnverserLatinaBunnytexxx78AngelEb95 44 votes
Discover University (Britechester)
0%
Eco Lifestyle (Evergreen Harbour)
2%
StormkeepshellbemeLustianiciaNushkamovefan89 5 votes
Snowy Escape (Mt. Komorebi
9%
jeLlyBeAn1573MaryVannelanorbretong01denswanalanmichael1taydevQuaayBreazonamustenicomicsforlifeGrumpyGlowfishnetney52Violettaamber_ilumireHeathertibbchocolatefrosting 16 votes
Cottage Living (Henford-on-Bagley)
13%
CK213GalacticGalalan650111overonSnuffyBucketmaggiemae8135Mariefoxprice83freindlylolcchant86skybird14RamblineRoseGracieO312MoonfoxNightcryannaliese39Sims4MagicalTalesOldeseadoggeStarfreeScotsimmikamakimonGeralt_ofRivia 23 votes
Base Game (Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Newcrest)
4%
danacnbrettElnVldgoodcakebaker62gamekittenCary1213Behappy1stIsharellRandomTokenCode 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Island Living (Sulani)
    IL checks all the boxes, I think. It isn't just a pretty vacation world with interesting interactive spots, the neighborhood festivals and the pollution inherited from previous generations makes it a believable, dynamic place.

Runner up would be Eco Lifestyle, but I'd preferred it if they'd went with the same neighborhoods as GT: Harbour, Inner City and Rural. Of course we can pollute and clean our Henford or Windenburg, but when looking at just BG plus EL, not coming with a rural neighborhood is a bit of a missed opportunity.
  • Options
    movefan89movefan89 Posts: 60 Member
    Eco Lifestyle (Evergreen Harbour)
    I love the Eco lifestyle world.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,855 Member
    CL for me. I'm on record about my love of apartments. They are quick and easy to refresh from save to save if you feel like it.

I can make a case for C&D, I really love the New England coastal village aesthetic. Willow Creek from BG is another I absolutely love because it reminds me so much of New Orleans, which is one of my favorite places here in the real world. At least that's the way I view it in my canon and how I build it.

You can almost feel the tropical breezes of Sulani, which is a great change of pace for the odd save here and there. Windenberg used to be higher on my list, but even though it's been passed by some of the worlds that have followed it, it still has appeal like Sulani to change up the same old same old routine. I do like Mt. Komorebi as a holiday home location w/LittleMsSams mod for that. I really enjoy the winter extreme sports activities. Not a world I would use everyday for my sims but a fun getaway.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I like it because it has a permanently snowy area as well as the lower changeable areas, it has skiing etc and the hiking.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    In Mt.Komorebi you can swim and hike aside of winter sports. I don't think other worlds have anything that compares.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited May 2022
    This one is too hard for me. There are a lot of worlds that I adore for different reasons. I couldn't pick between Cottage Living, Get Together, City Living and Snowy Escape.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    Island Living (Sulani)
    For me Sulani is the world that most feel like a real place. The festival seems less planned than SE or CL, and more natural, with family days at the beach, bonfires, bbq nights and potlucks. I also love that your neighbours will come to your house with extra food now and again. It also feel like the world you can move in most freely. You can go to the beach, or swim in the ocean and go to the food stalls or to the joint events all without a single loading screen. I found that when my sim lived there I used the travel interaction very little, only when there was a specific place to go or a specific reason. For the rest of it, my sim just moved freely around the world.

You do have some of that with CL as well but the city neighborhoods don't feel as natural to me, and there is less to do there unless there is a festival. The festivals themselves are fun, but not as intimate and homey as Sulanis more community feel arrangements.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    Windenburg all the way.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited May 2022
    Island Living (Sulani)
    All worlds have their good and bad parts but I feel like if i were to buy ep only for the world it would be Island Living

ofcourse Sulani still has its flaws to me like not having interactions with volcano and not having building in the center of village as actual building sims could at least shelter from storm in instead of you know running to the beach which feels not so logical
    but tbh it just kinda comes down to world theme for me like does the world offer something completely new to my game

is there new building style that would look right there and only there

is there specific theme to world that i enjoy

do i see something beyond lawns blue sky and sidewalk slabs

Is the weather / visual effects same there as everywhere else

is there something to do when your sim steps out of lot boundary

basically just does it feel different to have your sims in this world vs other worlds

I enjoy all the worlds but i just enjoy some of them far more like san myshuno sulani strangerville, Selvadorada and forgotten hollow because they're just very themey and I can't so easily substitute them with another world in the game
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Island Living (Sulani)
    I love Sulani. I love cleaning it up and seeing it change into a paradise. I feel this world matches its expansion pack perfectly and don't just give you mermaids but also some cool challenges to accomplish :)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited May 2022
    Windenburg is still my favorite. It is large with many lots, and special lots. I would love it if they made places on the island swimmable.

City living, Island living and Henford on Bagley rank right up there for me too.

I would love to see Del Sol Valley get a refresh, and get some more lots, a beach neighborhood and a middle class neighborhood ( with swimming ), and possibly surfing. Also a few more down town lots would be nice too. I actually would look ar Del Sol Valley as one of my favorites if it weren’t for the meager amount of lots and no swimmable beach lots
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2022
    Windenburg is the best for me. I love the mix of styles, you have the European area, Tudor styles and then more modern designs.

It comes with a range of community lots prefect for ‘getting together’.
    Also it has the largest amount of lots! All good! 😊
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Island Living (Sulani)
    I think all of the worlds fit the theme of the pack, granted DSV/GF less than the others because it's too small to appeal to the big entertainment industry city allure it should have.
    The best one is probably Strangerville or Selvadorada though, but those aren't listed. So I'll settle for Sulani.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    It was impossible to pick one world as I love them all for different reasons. My sims live where the story line takes them. So I looked at it as if I were going to live there instead of my Sims. I still had a difficult choice as I love the coastal world of Brindleton Bay, but I chose Henford because I love nature and would enjoy living in that setting. Plus I always dreamed of a small farm, so Henford is perfect for me!
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2022
    Island Living (Sulani)
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I would love to see Del Sol Valley get a refresh, and get some more lots, a beach neighborhood and a middle class neighborhood ( with swimming ), and possibly surfing. Also a few more down town lots would be nice too. I actually would look ar Del Sol Valley as one of my favorites if it weren’t for the meager amount of lots and no swimmable beach lots

Del Sol and its lack of lots was a major reason why I decided not to buy the pack after trying it out. I hated the world to be honest, it felt so restricted and meh. Now I do see the potential in that world but it would require a major work over in my mind.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    edited May 2022
    Windenburg (Get Together) & Henford (Cottage Living) ties for my favorite & best worlds because it gives beautiful historical playable worlds with outdoor parties, country festivals, farming, great historical build modes/objects & CAS. <3;):p
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Island Living (Sulani)
    Sulani cannot be beaten😏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Island Living (Sulani)
    Sulani... There is a reason 80% of my Sims since Island Living came out lives in Sulani; just going there over the day to go to the beach makes me realize there is really no reason to ever live somewhere else. I mean I wouldn't. I've said it before, if someone said all I had to do is to shop off my leg to live for free on a pacific island... Yeah, gimme the axe NOW. And I mean IRL.

Basically 20% of my Sims live in San Myshuno which was by far my favorite world before Island Living came out and 80% In Sulani. All my starter sims live in the big city, because the lower end apartments are so incredibly cheap so if you're just looking for somewhere to live almost for free while you apply to Uni, nothing can beat the Spice District.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    But Sulani is a very close second! I love Windenberg because in my games, it is definitely where all the action is! (Plus my sims seem to live in either Sulani or Windenberg.)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Island Living (Sulani)
    Btw I am a little surprised Evergreen Harbor got as many votes as it got, between how utterly boring the actual neighborhoods are, and the absolutely horrible apartments (especially the one that has the unusable, barren balcony attached; I am definitely one of those who wish the devs should either have removed the balcony instead of just giving a huge door you have to MOO things to place in front of since it leads to a dead space so all you do is steal 10% of living room space. Plus every single apartment has a bad floorplan). I would have suspected <1%.

Sorry, this rant came on because I was thinking about moving there, but the whole place is just so... barren. ALL the neighborhoods in that world are just HUGE concrete spaces without details. Like living in a parking lot even after the right NAPs has been voted in.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited May 2022
    Island Living (Sulani)
    Btw I am a little surprised Evergreen Harbor got as many votes as it got, between how utterly boring the actual neighborhoods are, and the absolutely horrible apartments (especially the one that has the unusable, barren balcony attached; I am definitely one of those who wish the devs should either have removed the balcony instead of just giving a huge door you have to MOO things to place in front of since it leads to a dead space so all you do is steal 10% of living room space. Plus every single apartment has a bad floorplan). I would have suspected <1%.

Sorry, this rant came on because I was thinking about moving there, but the whole place is just so... barren. ALL the neighborhoods in that world are just HUGE concrete spaces without details. Like living in a parking lot even after the right NAPs has been voted in.

I mean it was one of my least favourites at start too tbh cause exactly i found it boring in the state it is by default with all these normal families vote modern green hehe eco and tons of concrete blue sky all that idk

BUT

then I realized it makes pretty great set up for crimes and xfiles with the boring houses trashy streets and all

like what if there was hidden alien community that really wants you to vote green but not in the way you thought

and maybe some punks who will take over the streets

and perhaps there will be a fightclub or some fun factory venues >:)

oh and i made one of the apartments into stake out for my detectives and it lines up perfectly with my alien house so I love that

anyway point being: no matter how boring a world there will always be use for it in the end
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I love San Myshuno. Best ever use of neighborhood terrain.
    Tartosa is a close second.
  • Options
    Island Living (Sulani)
    I love San Myshuno. Best ever use of neighborhood terrain.
    Tartosa is a close second.

I wish you could disable all the wedding stuff and just use the world ;) Then I might buy it.
  • Options
    skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    Henford on Bagley is my favourite as it feels the most homely to me. It reminds me of a nice little Costwold-y type village and given that I don't live all that far away from the Cotswolds, it's where I prefer to base most of my families.

I quite like Windenburg and I tend to use Sulani and Tartosa as holiday (vacation) destinations.

I don't think I've ever played Oasis Springs and I've very rarely used Forgotten Hollow.