Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,901 Member
    @MoonlightGraham That's what I've seen, not so much the makeup on the males, but the piercings. On those two outfits CAS tries to load each sim down with as many jewelry pieces as it can. Some of them can be hilarious.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 439 Member
    What, doesn't everyone's RL swimwear include scuba fins and a stack of bracelets?
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    The back and forth between emotions. My sim is fine, she harvest one plant (music comes in Dadadadadadadum and she is happy while harvesting that plant). Now repeat all that with every plant she harvest. And there is a lot of them, I'm playing the plant sim scenario.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    I know it’s probably been mentioned but this annoys me to the point of triggering a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off mood in me.

The spawning of npcs and townies.
    I just built a tiny spa on the volcanic part of sulani for my loner plantsim who is on a journey for inner peace. As soon as I go there the game generates 5-10 randoms and townies coming there including some famous people dragging paparazzis in the back. My sim gets tense and I get annoyed, no you stupid npcs you do not know about this spa it’s a secret private one, GO AWAY!!

My sim lives on the island in front of the volcano, the game keeps generating townies spawning behind my garden there. They go to my trashcan and kick it. I keep deleting the sims through mccc cause I get so angry.

I just really wish they would remove that part of the game code with npcs spawning on your own home lot. Please. For the love of all Cowplants, tune down the npcs.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,972 Member
    What, doesn't everyone's RL swimwear include scuba fins and a stack of bracelets?

maybe not when going to forgotten hollow... no we don't have a pool... unless...
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    @QueenSaraphine I think if you use the private dwelling trait for your home lot and the generic lot type for a commercial then you won't have many townies.

Personally I like a lot of townies appearing and hope they don't nerf them - I remember well the days of TS3 when community lots were very empty and never felt alive.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member

@Flikka_Flikka And, while we're on this topic, don't add a pair of sandals to your game through CC unless you want them randomly assigned to your Sims through CAS. Some of our most masculine looking Sims rock a pair of cute flowered slides unless we remove them.

Every once in a while we'll let the dudes step out in these, but not too often. :smile:
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Celebrities in night clubs. They disrupt everything. The DJ's will even stop playing to watch the celebrity dance. Then of course the music stops, the celebrity eventually stops dancing and everyone is now just standing around. Brilliant :|
  • Options
    LuxAtomica92LuxAtomica92 Posts: 29 Member
    Work from home tasks that you have no chance of completing in a single work day because they require you to do something which is locked behind a skill 5 levels higher than you currently need to be to progress in your career.
  • Options
    @QueenSaraphine I think if you use the private dwelling trait for your home lot and the generic lot type for a commercial then you won't have many townies.

Personally I like a lot of townies appearing and hope they don't nerf them - I remember well the days of TS3 when community lots were very empty and never felt alive.

I do like the townies too, they just don’t fit all story lines for me so a toggle perhaps in settings would be great. 😊

As for the lot trait, I did think about it for my own island, only there’s already the “oceanic paradise” lot trait bound to it so just have two slots available, and for some reason my head is completely blank I can’t remember what I have them set to 😅 Think one is eco friendly.

Also have the volcanic activity as a side trait for making it interesting, just wish those big lavastones would hit the occasional visitor 🙄
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,964 Member
    Simmering rage from toddlers... ruins families !
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    It’s probably been said multiple times already but the incoming texts “I heard you became friends with” are ruining my game.

Just got one from Akira who is my neighbour and we’re not even friends. “I heard you became friends with violet, he’s pretty cool”

First of all Akira, Violet is my newborn alien son, you don’t even know he exists you didn’t even know I was pregnant. And ofc I know he’s cool it’s my son!
    Secondly, he’s an alien, afaik you don’t know they exist.

Please sims team for the love of Sims can you tweak these messages to not include family members, even better, just remove them. Please!! 💕
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    edited May 2022
    The hidden thirst and hand hygiene motives/moods. They decay far too quickly and are the reason for the constant handwashing and drinking.

Sims ignoring the kitchen sink and wandering all over the house to wash dishes in the butler's attic suite (hashtag relatableproblems am i right?).

Randomly grabbing sims to fill townie jobs

Situational Outfits. I don't spend my time editing every single sim in my world for you to shove them in a random outfit because they're a spellcaster.

Randomly creating sims to fill townie jobs. I have a vet team downloaded. I don't need need the game to make an ugly, smelly load of people to act as vets, thanks. This is my game and I control who exists in my world.

Randomly culling sims. I've just turned off the upper limit for sims in game and I'll take the performance issues.

The cap for the number of active sims. It was fine when we had just 2 worlds but the cap needs to be higher.

The Charm family. Why do they exist?

Celebrities showing up. If they don't disrupt everything by just existing then the paparazzi will show up and cause chaos. Unless they're being played they should stay in Del Sol Valley and/or only show up to venues during the events or if they have a hotspot trait.
  • Options
    sinnyoncesinnyonce Posts: 88 Member
    edited May 2022
    Discovered a new one today even though I've had Vintage Glamour for years.

It's not possible to put a drink platter from the globe bar on a coffee table. You can only set them down on counters and tables apparently.
  • Options
    Cleo60Cleo60 Posts: 27 Member
    The hidden thirst and hand hygiene motives/moods. They decay far too quickly and are the reason for the constant handwashing and drinking.

Sims ignoring the kitchen sink and wandering all over the house to wash dishes in the butler's attic suite (hashtag relatableproblems am i right?).

Randomly grabbing sims to fill townie jobs

Situational Outfits. I don't spend my time editing every single sim in my world for you to shove them in a random outfit because they're a spellcaster.

Randomly creating sims to fill townie jobs. I have a vet team downloaded. I don't need need the game to make an ugly, smelly load of people to act as vets, thanks. This is my game and I control who exists in my world.

The devs seem to have forgotten the slogan for the game: You rule
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member

Celebrities showing up. If they don't disrupt everything by just existing then the paparazzi will show up and cause chaos. Unless they're being played they should stay in Del Sol Valley and/or only show up to venues during the events or if they have a hotspot trait.

The 3 and 4 star celebrities are especially disruptive at night clubs. They even cause DJ's to stop playing music while everyone stands around the celebrity in a circle watching them dance to no music. It's just so weird to watch. Not to mention extremely annoying. I really wish celebs would utilize that celebrity disguise when going to regular bars and night clubs outside of Del Sol Valley.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    Lol. Thanks for my morning laugh 😄
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,901 Member
    My winter sports sim keeps getting a tense moodlet for not being active when she's been rock climbing and skiing all day. That doesn't make any sense, rock climbing is very physical and so are skiing and snowboarding for that matter. And it doesn't appear to make much difference to a sims fitness skill. I think it does, but it's almost nothing. Maybe 5% gain for a full session on the rock climbing wall in Mt. Komorebi.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2022
    Watching people build in the sims and nothing is placed symmetrical drives me slowly insane. Or they use MOO willy-nilly with little disregard for items sims can use. Too much chaos for me.

I know I'm picky about the perfect spacing thing. That's why I end up rebuilding things for my own taste 99% of the time. :sweat_smile:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    One pet peeve I have had since 2014 is... bad swatches for furniture.

You have Pine, Oak, Mahogny, Birch, Whatever, right?
    It's just that if the stuff isn't from the same pack, the "oak" switch is DIFFERENT. Why is "Mahogny" from one pack completely different in tone than "Mahogny" from another pack? For all the re-use of assets why have they never re-used those assets?

At least we finally have matching swatches between kits when it comes to clothes. The last 2-3 kits harmonize very well.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2022
    The festering grudge sentiment happening between parents, toddlers and children.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member

I think its for the same reason as the Vatores....makeover practice!

My sim somehow got a pristine reputation and her 'reward' for this is sims constantly pestering her, waving at her and generally invading her personal space despite her having no fame whatsoever. I get it...she's a nice person, now leave her alone!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »

I think its for the same reason as the Vatores....makeover practice!

Why would anyone ever feel the need to make over the vatores?

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek