Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is There A Way

In scenarios, I know you can use existing sims or a new one. But what I want to do is: Play all scenarios with a new sim. BUT in one save file. I think that would be a nice way to fill a save file with sim families. I would have life span off until I was happy with the sims in this save. They would all be different with there own story.

Comments

• Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Your question wasn't entirely clear to me. Are you wanting to play all of them, simulateously, with a single sim, or simply have them all in one world, with different sims?
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’ve only done scenarios once but when I clicked to start one, I was asked if I wanted to create a new Sim and then choose the lot I wanted him to live on.

I would assume you can return to the main menu, select a different scenario, create a new Sim, and do it all over again in the same game save and fill your neighborhood up with only people you created for scenarios.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Yes, you can do all of the scenarios in the same save file, @BeHappy1st. Just always when starting the scenario from the main menu click to start it in an existing save and then load the same save file each time for each scenario.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,133 Member
    edited April 2022
    I might try that actually. There are many scenarios I haven't tried yet, and I'm utterly bored of my current save - I went too ambitious again and tried to make an "extended" legacy by following all descendants. I think what I'll do is make yet another new save for scenarios, play them in order and afterwards, monitor the sims in "My Households" while I play a different scenario. It could be fun to see what happens once they have free reign.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    SailorCeti wrote: »
    Your question wasn't entirely clear to me. Are you wanting to play all of them, simulateously, with a single sim, or simply have them all in one world, with different sims?

All in one world with different sims one scenario at a time. Start 1 scenario finish it start another finish it etc. With aging off. That would make a saved game with different sims with different traits etc. I hate playing with the same in game sims over and over. When I start a new save its the same old same old. I find I keep playing the same way in all saves.I thought this could be a way to force me to play differently.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I’ve only done scenarios once but when I clicked to start one, I was asked if I wanted to create a new Sim and then choose the lot I wanted him to live on.

I would assume you can return to the main menu, select a different scenario, create a new Sim, and do it all over again in the same game save and fill your neighborhood up with only people you created for scenarios.

It says its not compatible with existing households. ( No Skill One) And I think for the others it said with new or existing sim.
  • Options
    I might try that actually. There are many scenarios I haven't tried yet, and I'm utterly bored of my current save - I went too ambitious again and tried to make an "extended" legacy by following all descendants. I think what I'll do is make yet another new save for scenarios, play them in order and afterwards, monitor the sims in "My Households" while I play a different scenario. It could be fun to see what happens once they have free reign.

Yes thats what I want, but I'm not sure if the game will let us. Thats the, Is there a way comes in.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    In scenarios, I know you can use existing sims or a new one. But what I want to do is: Play all scenarios with a new sim. BUT in one save file. I think that would be a nice way to fill a save file with sim families. I would have life span off until I was happy with the sims in this save. They would all be different with there own story.
    Oh, I think I know what you mean, if you have a file that has as it’s “active house” a sim or sims that match the Scenario’s requirements, you can proceed with the Scenario Challenge there! From what I’ve seen since I started one.

And lol my plan is basically to do what you mention; all scenarios played out in/ on one save file world.

Of course only thing I have wondered about is if upon completion of a Scenario Challenge if the game on some way has a lasting thing, verifying I completed it (and maybe the route I took too lol). I like acknowledgement that sticks around for my accomplishments lol...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    I did that. I created a scenario save & I play a new Sim or Sim family for each scenario. My scenario save and my Snowy Escape lifestyles save are the only things that are keeping me interested in the game at the moment.
  • Options
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    Oh, I think I know what you mean, if you have a file that has as it’s “active house” a sim or sims that match the Scenario’s requirements, you can proceed with the Scenario Challenge there! From what I’ve seen since I started one.

And lol my plan is basically to do what you mention; all scenarios played out in/ on one save file world.

Of course only thing I have wondered about is if upon completion of a Scenario Challenge if the game on some way has a lasting thing, verifying I completed it (and maybe the route I took too lol). I like acknowledgement that sticks around for my accomplishments lol...

If you figure it out let me know please.
  • Options
    I did that. I created a scenario save & I play a new Sim or Sim family for each scenario. My scenario save and my Snowy Escape lifestyles save are the only things that are keeping me interested in the game at the moment.

But how did you do it. Step by step please.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    It says its not compatible with existing households. ( No Skill One) And I think for the others it said with new or existing sim.

You can make a new household in an existing save game though, that's how you would start the scenarios which give that message. There are no scenarios that require you to to create a whole new save to start them, but there are quite a few which require you to make a new sim household.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Sadly, I know what you mean, though for me, it’s the Scenario Challenges and Parenthood, the most recent pack I bought; credit goes to that YouTuber LGR, if not for his videos on the different Sims4 items being sold, I never would have gotten it and thus never would have gone online with Sims and got that awesome update with the Scenario challenges and had so much more interest in the game— for the time being.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    Hey everyone I just had a DAAAAA moment. Every time I started a scenario I clicked the top where it says start new scenario save. It wasn't until just now I noticed all the other saves has a start scenario button to click on. Yeah!!! I am going to do it. Thanks for your responses everyone and I think this is going to add a lot to my game.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,133 Member

Yes thats what I want, but I'm not sure if the game will let us. Thats the, Is there a way comes in.

I've started saves with different scenario households that I meant to play, so it should be ok.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member

But how did you do it. Step by step please.

What @Stormkeep said. After you initially start one scenario in a new save, you can start any other scenarios in that same save file. There are no scenarios that require you to to start a new save file to play them.