Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 has many more years left confirmed as of yesterday

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
This blog came out yesterday confirming

Great news for our TS4. Maybe we can get everything we wont out of TS4 now. I know they've been saying more years to come but this blog yesterday actually confirms it's still on for many more years. I just hope the game engine can handle it but I'm sure Maxis will find a way to make it.

Comments

• Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    Oh dear..
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    This should not surprise anyone, considering they said the exact same thing last spring. 1 year later doesn't change "many more years" into "it's almost the end".
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I feel it needs a large grain of salt considering it is hiring material, but who knows how it will shake out.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited April 2022
    Are people's computers going to be able to handle it?

I just upgraded my desktop computer with an RTX3080OC, from an i7 4790k, with the Sims4 running on an SSD (560MB/s) with DDR4 RAM (32GB) to an i9 12900K, with the Sims4 running on an M.2 NVME (7000MB/s) with DDR5 RAM (64GB) and I cut my loading times by half on my old save and performance is what one would expect the game to perform normally. And this is on a computer that I invested for the future, this is supposed to last me for quite a long time and run many new games on Ultra.

So I have no idea how people are going to be able to run their old saves for several more years?
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Sigh and being I had decided to stop supporting this travesty of a sims game this is indeed distressing news.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

Great news for our TS4. Maybe we can get everything we wont out of TS4 now. I know they've been saying more years to come but this blog yesterday actually confirms it's still on for many more years. I just hope the game engine can handle it but I'm sure Maxis will find a way to make it.

This is disappointing and a bad idea.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited April 2022
    Body is 4 characters too short.
    giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jlaoyigzic6l15by43b7v2bqagrjpnmew60343li&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited April 2022
    Have no fears, we got ideas for years, like
    Bella becomes a Servo?
    Maybe Vlad gets a cellphone?
    Has Bob ever owned a bear costume?
    Or, how 'bout a crazy wedding pack?
    Where nothing happens, and do do do do do.
    Sorry for the kit show.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited April 2022
    logion wrote: »

I have no idea how people are going to be able to run their old saves for several more years?

Well the new wedding pack seems to be probably the last pack i can load on mine without upgrading something and I'm not risking it by adding anything :sweat_smile:

so I will just not buy new packs and pray base updates don't bloat like mad

do think you need monster of computer by now to play all packs in the game so i wish they would at least be honest of that in their spec requirements/recommended specs for the game cause its still saying you can play on potato when really thats probably just for the base game alone
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    edited April 2022
    As we look towards our future, continuing to create entertaining and unexpected content for The Sims 4 for years to come while also building the future of The Sims franchise, we want to hear from all kinds of voices.

Catharina Mallet,
    Vice President and General Manager, Maxis & The Sims Franchise

Yay! 💚

Those hoping for Sims 5 or another Sims title shouldn't give up hope. The two titles could possibly run concurrently.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »

I have no idea how people are going to be able to run their old saves for several more years?

Well the new wedding pack seems to be probably the last pack i can load on mine without upgrading something and I'm not risking it by adding anything :sweat_smile:

so I will just not buy new packs and pray base updates don't bloat like mad

do think you need monster of computer by now to play all packs in the game so i wish they would at least be honest of that in their spec requirements/recommended specs for the game cause its still saying you can play on potato when really thats probably just for the base game alone

Yeah, and that's just for being able to run the game at a decent framerate and have decent loading times and no lag...

If you are an older simmer, who like to play the game with longer saves and all packs then well... keeping this game going for many more years is going to ask a lot for older simmers who want to play longer saves with all packs to stay with this game and keep playing.

Either a lot of patience, or money, to upgrade or buy a new computer.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I'm an older simmer and was planning on updating soon. I don't understand the correlation between older simmers and toaster computers. 🤔

ETA:
    For clarification.
    Logion was speaking about the length of time spent simming. Not the age of simmers.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I am all for it, as long as Q&A get resources too.

Not angry, but feel a bit sad, disappointed. It is tiring downloading a patch or a pack and hoping that it has been tested well. Sims 4 is my favorite game and I spend a lot of time, passion and money on it. These last few months have made me feel a bit less enthusiastic about new content. On paper it sounds great with new content, new stuff. However if the new stuff does not work or if old content that I dearly enjoy, mountain excursions and climbing in Mt Komorebi, remain unavailable I feel less happy about it.

Here is hoping for new fun engaging content arriving in new packs. That these new packs have been tested by Q&A, that they have had time and resources for testing. Also, I hope that more of the things that I really enjoy in the game will be available yet again.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I'm an older simmer and was planning on updating soon. I don't understand the correlation between older simmers and toaster computers. 🤔

toaster computers can't run older saves well.
  • Options
    edited April 2022

But why are older simmers confined to toaster computers?

ETA: @logion clarifies in a later post that he was referring to long time Sims 4 players, not the age of simmers. It seems some are still responding to my misunderstanding.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    MkinsMkins Posts: 79 Member
    Very pleased by this! Sims 4 has so much potential and so many more things to add!
  • Options
    edited April 2022

But why are older simmers confined to toaster computers?

Oh? that's not what I meant, I meant that if you have played the game for long, have a lot of relationships and a larger older save, then you are going to need a good computer if you don't want to deal with long loading times and lag.

The longer Maxis keeps this game going, the more demanding it's going to be for your computer to play the game for longer periods with all packs without lag and long loading times.

With "older simmers" I meant people like you and me who have played the game for several years.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    For ppl wondering, the new job postings seem to be mostly for sims 5 and the separate maxis IP. Most of the postings are for game engineers and designers (they design UI/UX and game systems). There is one for a quality engineer but I can't remember if that one was for sims 4 or not.

I do hope they do what epic did and hire all their qa department as permanent employees instead of on contract. This will mean there would be less turnover and the qa devs will be on the team longer.

And one new position they are hiring for is a multiplayer gameplay software engineer. This seems to be for the sims 5 and yhey also mentioned weather in the posting. Which could mean that the sims 5 base game will have weather.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    @logion, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,657 Member
    I’m okay with this. If TS5 is going online only, I won’t be playing it anyway. More TS4 will suit me just fine.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    As we look towards our future, continuing to create entertaining and unexpected content for The Sims 4 for years to come while also building the future of The Sims franchise, we want to hear from all kinds of voices.

Catharina Mallet,

Yay! 💚

Those hoping for Sims 5 or another Sims title shouldn't give up hope. The two titles could possibly run concurrently.

Double Yay! 🎆🎆 and Horses please 🧡🧡
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Yaaaaaaaay!!!!❤❤❤❤❤
    Ts4 for life! 🥰
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Bluegayle wrote: »

Catharina Mallet,

Yay! 💚

Double Yay! 🎆🎆 and Horses please 🧡🧡

Oh yes horses!! I was just thinking yesterday how much I could use them 😭😭
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Here's my theory, the game developers who were originally going with the Sims 5 being an online, multi-gamers, huge conglomeration, got hit with "players on the forums had nuked online, so we can't do this...I know, extend Sims 4 many more years while we think this thing out." That's my story and I'm sticking to it, lol. :D

I am fairly certain my computer will be able to handle more of Sims 4 but only as long as I'm super picky. I police my mods folder almost on a daily basis, trying to keep mods and cc down to a limit. My specs are pretty good, I have a Sky Tech gaming computer I got in 2019 and so far I am still playing on custom graphic settings at high and very high.

@Onverser, love your gif! :D:D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    My old save is fine. But for anyone having trouble I find a solution is just to start a new save and put down all of your saved builds and Sims into the new save. After I had a messed up save from a mod I was able to have a new save this way and still have everything exactly like my old save. But apart from mod issues I've never had problems with old saves. Maybe because I don't play generations and only play with the same Sims so I'm not constantly loading it with new information to process? No idea. 🤷‍♀️
    Either way I'm excited for more years of ts4. I doubt I will keep up with ts5 when it comes.