Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I love slow dancing but it completely mystifies me that it doesn't increase relationship while regular dancing with others do, nor does it increase fun, nor does it increase social. I don't know if it helps with your dance skill but that's the least of my problems.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Ray_Trace, it doesn't help with the dance skill either.

I love that they added slow dancing, but I'm very disappointed that they, quite literally, forgot the game itself when implementing it apparently.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    I love slow dancing but it completely mystifies me that it doesn't increase relationship while regular dancing with others do, nor does it increase fun, nor does it increase social. I don't know if it helps with your dance skill but that's the least of my problems.

I don't understand why it came as part of a game pack instead of being part of the normal game. Sims has always had slow dancing as a Romance Social in the past. It should at least build something in a relationship.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    spend4zen wrote: »
    I don't understand why it came as part of a game pack instead of being part of the normal game. Sims has always had slow dancing as a Romance Social in the past. It should at least build something in a relationship.

That's actually not true. It was added with Nightlife for Sims 2, not part of the base game. It was added with Seasons in Sims 3, not part of the base game. I have no recollection of what pack added it for Sims 1, but probably Hot Date if it wasn't in the base game.

That makes Sims 4 the cheapest to get the interaction...because it's the first where it wasn't part of a full-blown expansion pack.

• Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Sulani townies visiting and even living in Forgotten Hallow feels way out of place, but my vampire seems to like how they taste!
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Ray_Trace, it doesn't help with the dance skill either.

I love that they added slow dancing, but I'm very disappointed that they, quite literally, forgot the game itself when implementing it apparently.

I miss the slow dancing in Sims 2 when it comes to things like this. In Sims 2, your Sims could move their heads close together as one interaction. They could also lower their hands on each other, and even goose each other.
  • Options
    Same here, @Umbreon12. I still play TS2 pretty regularly, so I constantly get reminded of it as well. :lol:
  • Options
    Same here, @Umbreon12. I still play TS2 pretty regularly, so I constantly get reminded of it as well. :lol:

I still have my Sims 2, but haven't played it for a bit. When I do play it, and then go back to Sims 4, there is a big difference. Yeah, Sims 4 lets you do more stuff when it comes to CAS items, but Sims 2 had more interesting gameplay. You couldn't always control the outcome of things, and pets could get jobs. Plus, little interactions were included, which made the game fun.
    I don't hate Sims 4, it just feels different when they carry over the same things from previous versions. It feels like they add as much of the little details, and cut down on some things.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Probably why I haven't revisited any of the previous versions in a long time. Being reminded of features that I wished were in Sims 4 and missing features from Sims 4 that I wished were in the previous games. So now I just stick to the one.
  • Options
    Probably why I haven't revisited any of the previous versions in a long time. Being reminded of features that I wished were in Sims 4 and missing features from Sims 4 that I wished were in the previous games. So now I just stick to the one.
    I have been trying to stick to the Sims 4, because I am currently playing it. Each version has their strengths and flaws. I just wish more stuff carried over. It doesn't have to be exactly the same, but it would've been fun if Cats and Dogs gave your pets jobs like in Sims 2. The jobs in Sims 2 weren't super realistic, but in real life some breeds of dogs are actually used in jobs. I would've been interesting if things lie Get to Work gave you the option to give your dogs a job. Or have firefighters have a Dalmatian in their ranks.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    @Umbreon12, I agree entirely. I believe "Sims 4" is my favorite sims game, simply because I do play it far more than the others. But I do often wish that Sims 4 had a lot more of the gameplay aspects of Sims 2, while retaining all of the other things which I think it does better, like BB, CAS and Sim expressiveness.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Something Ive noticed recently is that my parents will constantly stop what they are doing to go and pick up a toddler...for no apparent reason. I have actions queued up for both and yet the parent will stop in the middle, pick up a toddler and put them down again, then continue with their actions.
    Whats that all about!?
  • Options
    @Umbreon12, I agree entirely. I believe "Sims 4" is my favorite sims game, simply because I do play it far more than the others. But I do often wish that Sims 4 had a lot more of the gameplay aspects of Sims 2, while retaining all of the other things which I think it does better, like BB, CAS and Sim expressiveness.

I do like Sims 4, because it does give us a lot of items to create the Sims we want, despite being limited if we are on a console vs. PC. It looks really pretty, and it is fun to play, but the Sims feel more like dolls in some aspects. Sims 2 was fun, because the Sims had wants and fear, and those crossed over with each other at times. I had Sims 2 Sims want children, but fear having a child at the same time. Also, you could give your Sims the same thing, but their overall aspiration would be different.
    I do like how Sims 4 does give us the freedom of what we can make, though.
  • Options
    My new annoyance: My sim autonomously queuing to go outside, in a rain storm, to mop up puddles on the sidewalk.

I thought they had fixed this....but apparently it is back, because I had a sim who was downright aggressive about autonomously doing this today.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    My new annoyance: My sim autonomously queuing to go outside, in a rain storm, to mop up puddles on the sidewalk.

I thought they had fixed this....but apparently it is back, because I had a sim who was downright aggressive about autonomously doing this today.

omg, I thought this was just happening in my game. Nice to know it's not just my game borking. :O
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited March 2022
    spend4zen wrote: »
    A trivial pet peeve? I guess mine would be Townies/Randoms, I end up changing them in CAS even though I may never see them again. Unless they are like the one that visited the bar with My Sim the other night who actually gave him a fit of giggles for some reason. I like to think it was the combination of how she was dressed and the way she talked in that slow weird deep voice. White lipstick and all.
    RzlaRZo.png

I love Diego Lobo's expression, in the background!

ETA about toddlers and parents constantly picking them up and putting them down. It's like an extension of the high chair bug. Toddlers have to be as independent as possible, almost to the point of parental neglect, to be okay in this game, otherwise they can starve while parents stand there in each other's way putting them into and taking them out of high chairs, picking them up and carrying them on one hip but then not taking them to give them whatever they need as their needs decay further. It's nuts.

At least with the toddler bed, it's no longer the burden of parents to put them into and take them out of, a crib, they can just go to bed on their own, go snatch food off the counter on their own and take it to the sofa to eat...the solution to broken parenting in this game was just to remove the need for much parenting in the first place. Sad but true. Makes me wonder sometimes what the parents are even for when having them be active in their toddlers' lives makes it so hard to keep the toddlers okay.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    IsabellaHamiltonIsabellaHamilton Posts: 42 Member
    My sims autonomously making a million drinks just because there's a bar.
    pvza8x8vky60.png
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member

You can turn that nonsense off with MCCC tuner. Click on sim, find the MC tuner, enable Autonomy scan. Click on the puddle (or snow pile or any other object sims find overly attractive).

Or find the mc_tuner.cfg in the MCCC mod folder, open with notepad and add:
    13835,Puddle_Mop
    13836,Puddle_Mop_Energized
    27284,Puddle_Mop_Small
    27285,Puddle_Mop_Large
    27290,Puddle_Mop_Energized_Small
    27291,Puddle_Mop_Energized_Large

The only downside to blocking autonomous puddle-mopping is that I have to click each puddle I WANT my sim to mop up. And I guess if you have maids or butlers, they won't do it either.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @Kathykins, thing is, I don't want sims to not autonomously mop puddles. I want them to mop up the ones that are indoors, I just don't want them to mop the ones outside on the sidewalk. MC Tuner is an all or nothing solution.

No worries though, I found an old mod that adds a check and prevents it outside (and during thunder storms only for neat sims). The mod hasn't been updated and is out of date, but I updated it myself for my own use. The only thing the old mod was missing was a single line for Snowy Escape compatibility in each of the tuning files (1 for each puddle type which you list).
  • Options
    IsabellaHamiltonIsabellaHamilton Posts: 42 Member
    Why, when I enter another household, are everyone late for work and just chilling around the house doing random stuff? It's so stressful to see that row of red blinking.
    pvza8x8vky60.png
  • Options
    When there's a monster under a child's bed and said terrified child run around and wake every older sim up, screaming "monster under my bed" but doesn't bother asking the adult (or teen) they first rudely woke up to spray the monster under the bed. Because obviously, it's just more important to wake the whole house up first.

But then what's even more annoying is that the child will ask the parent/adult to "spray the monster under the bed" as an autonomous action in the middle of the day, many sim hours before said child sim will be using said bed to sleep in...

Just the AI priority strings were programmed so sloppily, it's distracting.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    The fact Toddlers can get "hurt" and "festering grudge" sentiments so easily, because their interactions "fail" when their parents are trying to take care of them. "Mummy, I'm hurt you want to change my nappy, but I'm also upset that I'm wearing a dirty nappy so I have a grudge against you now for trying to take care of me, but because I'm angry I don't want you to take care of me."

Like I get that young children can have really spotty logic from time to time, but this is infuriating, especially since you can't get these sentiments to disappear until the toddler has aged up. And even then it feels stupid for the parent to have to apologise to their child for taking care of the basic needs of said child when they couldn't wipe their own butts.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    When my vampire doesn't feel like leaving Forgotten Hollow for dinner but it's most children wandering around.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited March 2022
    Montadito wrote: »
    > @Arzekial said:
    > Sim's fixation on decor. Unless I'm visiting some kind of historic building I just don't care that much about decor and to see a sim losing their mind over a streetlamp is ridiculous. Also, why are all the sims suddenly empaths? I can feel concern for someone without feeling sad.

Oh god this! My sims are walking around constantly being sad because someone in their vicinity is sad. -.-

Right? They're either stressed about decor or sad. Why did they have to make all the sims pretentious whiners? This is not fun game play. What makes the decor so bad is that I usually have at least 1 object from pretty much all styles of decor in my builds, so if anyone visits it's guaranteed they are going to be stressed out.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited March 2022
    When there's a monster under a child's bed and said terrified child run around and wake every older sim up, screaming "monster under my bed" but doesn't bother asking the adult (or teen) they first rudely woke up to spray the monster under the bed. Because obviously, it's just more important to wake the whole house up first. [..]
    Oh indeed. Seems like their true goal is in fact to try and wake everyone up because they'll happily ignore parents who are already awake. Same with toddlers and their nightmares. Like, I had a kid born to a vampire father and a human mother. The father never sleeps. It was pretty frustrating/funny to watch how the kid was always laser focused to go and wake up the poor mother while the dad was standing right there like :unamused: