Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS QoL improvements

MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
edited March 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hello.

I want to post some of the much needed QoL improvements for CAS since I spend a lot time there and many things about it are frustrating.
  • I don’t want to have to re-do the same makeup/accessories in everyday/formal/party, etc. all the time. I mean even if I make tweaks to them for different occasions, it would be a lot easier if it could start off with the same base at least.
  • Add a button to toggle between occult sims and normal sims just like in Sims 3. Sometimes I get a perfect randomized sim and I have to lose them if I want to make an occult or vice versa.
  • Add a family tree with more relationship options, just like in Sims 3.
  • Please add a button to clone a specific Sim in CAS, but only looks, not traits/likes, skills, etc.
Post edited by MilutinMujovic on

Comments

• Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    - ability to copy and paste accessories, makeup and entire outfits.
    - including the ability to copy all outfits from one sim and paste it on another sim in cas
    - lock makeup and accessories so it is on all outfits
    - create own styled looks or just ability to save an outfit
    - more relationship options
    - clear outfit so that the sim isn't wearing any clothes or accessories
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Hello.

I want to post some of the much needed QoL improvements for CAS since I spend a lot time there and many things about it are frustrating.

[*] I don’t want to have to re-do the same makeup in everyday/formal/party all the time. I mean even if I make tweaks to them for different occasions, it would be a lot easier if it could start off with the same base at least.

I actually give my sims different makeup and hair based on their clothing, hope they don't change the option to have individual makeup looks for our sims.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Hello.

[*] I don’t want to have to re-do the same makeup in everyday/formal/party all the time. I mean even if I make tweaks to them for different occasions, it would be a lot easier if it could start off with the same base at least.

I actually give my sims different makeup and hair based on their clothing, hope they don't change the option to have individual makeup looks for our sims.

I never said they should remove that feature, just the option to set default makeup to all outfits and then change for each of them if you want.
  • Options
    Hello.

I never said they should remove that feature, just the option to set default makeup to all outfits and then change for each of them if you want.

Well, the make-up carries over for all outfits within a category and for me at least, it would be different for other categories, so an additional button to keep make-up on only to remove it afterwards would make little sense.
  • Options
    Hello.

Well, the make-up carries over for all outfits within a category and for me at least, it would be different for other categories, so an additional button to keep make-up on only to remove it afterwards would make little sense.

It does not carry over whatsoever, on everyday I select red lipstick, on party she has blue, on winter she has yellow for example.
    Maybe you have some mods, I play vanilla.
  • Options
    Hello.

It does not carry over whatsoever, on everyday I select red lipstick, on party she has blue, on winter she has yellow for example.
    Maybe you have some mods, I play vanilla.

I play vanilla too. It carries over for outfits in the same category. You have five outfits on everyday. And then five more in formal, and so on. I don't put any make-up on sleepwear, and only very little or none for sportwear and swimwear. For parties and formal I usually do a more glammed up make-up than for everyday.
  • Options
    Edited the main post with one additional piece of info, since upon researching some improvements, many Simmers would like to have that feature.

"Please add a button to clone a specific Sim in CAS, but only looks, not traits/likes, skills, etc."

Right now there is no possibility to save and upload vanilla Sim to a gallery, they would be uploaded with all gained skills, traits, etc. Many of us would like the feature where we upload just the vanilla version that we originally created, but deleted/lost them with time.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Get To Work
    • The option to copy and paste a disguised Sims facial features to their alien counterpart, so they look the same.
    • The option to completely remove disguises from aliens.

Vampires
    • Eye styles should not be locked to the specific occult. I'd like to be able to use vampire eyes on any Sim, regardless of their life state. The same applies to alien and mermaid eyes.
    • Vampire scarring and skin details should also be unlocked for all Sims, regardless of life state.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    It was already mentioned but I would really like to be able to easily copy and paste makeup and accessories between categories. It can take ages to make feminine sims when I have to individually apply the same makeup, jewelry nails, to every category.

I'd also like the ability to make our own styled outfits and upload/download other people's styles outfits similar to how was can download rooms from the gallery.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    All of this and also a CAS unlock cheat. There are a few cheats for specific pack unlocks, but I'd really love a cheat to unlock the whole shebang so I can create the kind of weirdo/supernatural/fantastical Sims that I use in my game.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    In addition to all these great ideas I'd love the ability to delete an item from within CAS while you're in there, the exact same way you can delete a lot or a sim in your library.

Sometimes I add a a piece of cc and it doesn't look as good in CAS or live mode as it did on the internet. Or far worse, after a while you just decide you don't want that dress, or eyeshadow, or whatever it is anymore. If the creator didn't include a name in the thumbnail now you have to try and guess which specific item you need to delete. If you have even a small mod folder, it isn't always easy finding that one piece.
  • Options
    LMLS2143 wrote: »
    In addition to all these great ideas I'd love the ability to delete an item from within CAS while you're in there, the exact same way you can delete a lot or a sim in your library.

Sometimes I add a a piece of cc and it doesn't look as good in CAS or live mode as it did on the internet. Or far worse, after a while you just decide you don't want that dress, or eyeshadow, or whatever it is anymore. If the creator didn't include a name in the thumbnail now you have to try and guess which specific item you need to delete. If you have even a small mod folder, it isn't always easy finding that one piece.

So basically remove that file of CC from your computer straight from CAS, did I get it right?
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    edited March 2022
    @MilutinMujovic That's it, saves time and having to try and remember what piece you wanted to delete. For me if I wait until I'm done and exit the game by that time I'd forget, plus all the files to wade through.🤣

Edit: Let me rephrase this, have it so that we can see from within CAS what the item is. Show a filename so we can find it and delete. That's more like what I'm looking for.
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    Absolutely yes to the copying makeup. Randomized sims can have the same makeup auto applied to every category, and hair defaults to changing across categories. It would make dealing with nails, piercings, and glasses so much easier. Also agree on the occult toggle. Sometimes I forget to start with that button and hate losing the work I’ve done on that sim.
  • Options
    HavenRose wrote: »
    Absolutely yes to the copying makeup. Randomized sims can have the same makeup auto applied to every category, and hair defaults to changing across categories. It would make dealing with nails, piercings, and glasses so much easier. Also agree on the occult toggle. Sometimes I forget to start with that button and hate losing the work I’ve done on that sim.

Not to mention Sims randomly getting a ton of piercings and weird hats/glasses for party wear LOL!
  • Options
    RubyStarfallRubyStarfall Posts: 1 New Member
    Love these ideas. I'd like to see these ones:
    Copy makeup and accessories across outfits
    Occult Sims toggle
    More relationship options
    Custom styled outfits
    💚
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Can they also reorganise hairstyles please, from short to long length. So at the top you have bald and buzz cuts all the way down to the longest hairstyles. So many styles are just slight variants of each other so having them grouped together makes more sense. Plus the sub categories of short/ medium etc aren’t always accurate.

They should also add the gelled down baby hairs as some kind of accessory so they can be applied to any hair.

Also stack facial hair, sometimes I want moustache and stubble for example.

Also i don’t think the auto categories for formal/ cold weather etc is very accurate, I nearly always have to switch it off. Certain jackets for example aren’t included in cold weather by default, so can we just drop this feature.

Agree with the makeup and accessories though, having to go through and set the same makeup and piercings for every look is longg
  • Options
    Love these ideas. I'd like to see these ones:
    Copy makeup and accessories across outfits
    Occult Sims toggle
    More relationship options
    Custom styled outfits
    💚

Aside from step-father, step-mother, what would you add for relationships? I had an idea last week but forgot it so maybe you can help me. :smile:
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    So many great ideas in this thread!
    I'd really love 4 or 5 columns in CAS.
    Infant life stage added. Even if the baby has to appear in a cradle, it would be nice to give the baby new clothes, edit the name, and age them up or age Sims down back to baby.
    Separate categories for facial piercings and earrings.
    Separate categories for sunglasses and eyeglasses.
    I also really hope makeup will be changed to be copied/carried over from everyday to the other outfit categories.
    Jewelry like rings to be copied over through all the categories, so I don't have to add the wedding rings manually across all the outfits.
    Ability to edit a Sim to change their human/occult status and create ghosts.
    Ability to layer multiple types of facial hair.
    More hair colour swatches.
    All hair styles available to all ages from toddler to elder.
  • Options
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Infant life stage added. Even if the baby has to appear in a cradle, it would be nice to give the baby new clothes, edit the name, and age them up or age Sims down back to baby.
    I also really hope makeup will be changed to be copied/carried over from everyday to the other outfit categories.
    Jewelry like rings to be copied over through all the categories, so I don't have to add the wedding rings manually across all the outfits.

I agree with almost everything but all hairs available would be weird. Imagine a toddler with a long female hair. They hair would've been longer than them, which would looks so weird. :dizzy:
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited March 2022
    My CAS improvements would be
    • At this point it is quite improbable but I would have liked hair to have been divided by root, shaft and ends like in Sims 3 for maximum customization
    • I personally would have liked Career Titles like Dr., Esq., The Honorable, Det., as Career rewards
    • I think being able to set family relationships as follows Great, Great Grandparent, Great-Grandparent, Grandparent, Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, Uncle, Aunt, Cousin, Second Cousin, Step-Father, Step-Mother, Step-Sibling, Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiancé, Spouse, Child, Step-Child, Best-Friend, ex-spouse and roommate when making households that aren't related.
    • I want family relationships to matter so that step parents aren't trying on a Woody Allen situation
    • I'd also like to see a few generations of pets
    • I'd like to see the Vampiric sire line
    • I'd like Body Hair
    • I would like outerwear to be divided between Cold Weather Gear and Rain Gear and worn appropriately.
    • I would honestly love Costumes to be a Clothing Tab and I'd really love more of them
    • I want Pet costumes as a separate tab
    • I want Cold weather and rain gear for Pet outfit tabs
    • I would like to set teeth with things like 1 gold tooth, 1 missing tooth, buckteeth, braces, grillz, to make rougher or more character looking customers
    • I'd like the cane from Sims 3 back and not only do I want it for Elders but I want it for Imperious Vampires or gentlemen of swagger
    • I'd like Vampire, witches, fairies etc. to have outerwear and underwear that looks like it was made for them.
    • I'd like blood type for Sims and pets
    • I'd like Turn Ons/Offs
    • I'd like more preferences. Like Favorite Food, Book Genre etc.
    • I would like heterochromia
    • I would like current traits which are really preferences (like dog lover or vegetarian) removed and placed into preferences. I'd like more impactful traits in their place.
    • I would like makeup and manicure to be set per outfit. Hair and Jewelry always too in all further iterations of the Sims
    • I would like Masks to be a separate accessory from eyewear. Obviously you cannot wear a pair of glasses with a Bauta mask and that is fine. The simmer can adjust their styling accordingly.
    • I would like to set rings per finger and I would like more of them. We need more fun cocktail rings and more gothic rings. Wedding rings should be a default ring on the traditional ring finger unless other wise specified.
    • I would love it if Watches are subtlely different than other types of wrist wear in that Sims who are bored will check their watches when bored but only if they are wearing one.
    • I agree with the person who wanted to layer facial hair. I want to have a Goatee AND sideburns. Why cant I make big mutton chop sideburns and a rocking fu manchu?
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    My CAS improvements would be
    • At this point it is quite improbable but I would have liked hair to have been divided by root, shaft and ends like in Sims 3 for maximum customization
    • I personally would have liked Career Titles like Dr., Esq., The Honorable, Det., as Career rewards
    • I think being able to set family relationships as follows Great, Great Grandparent, Great-Grandparent, Grandparent, Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, Uncle, Aunt, Cousin, Second Cousin, Step-Father, Step-Mother, Step-Sibling, Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Fiancé, Spouse, Child, Step-Child, Best-Friend, ex-spouse and roommate when making households that aren't related.
    • I want family relationships to matter so that step parents aren't trying on a Woody Allen situation
    • I'd also like to see a few generations of pets
    • I'd like to see the Vampiric sire line
    • I'd like Body Hair
    • I would like outerwear to be divided between Cold Weather Gear and Rain Gear and worn appropriately.
    • I would honestly love Costumes to be a Clothing Tab and I'd really love more of them
    • I want Pet costumes as a separate tab
    • I want Cold weather and rain gear for Pet outfit tabs
    • I would like to set teeth with things like 1 gold tooth, 1 missing tooth, buckteeth, braces, grillz, to make rougher or more character looking customers
    • I'd like the cane from Sims 3 back and not only do I want it for Elders but I want it for Imperious Vampires or gentlemen of swagger
    • I'd like Vampire, witches, fairies etc. to have outerwear and underwear that looks like it was made for them.
    • I'd like blood type for Sims and pets
    • I'd like Turn Ons/Offs
    • I'd like more preferences. Like Favorite Food, Book Genre etc.
    • I would like heterochromia
    • I would like current traits which are really preferences (like dog lover or vegetarian) removed and placed into preferences. I'd like more impactful traits in their place.
    • I would like makeup and manicure to be set per outfit. Hair and Jewelry always too in all further iterations of the Sims
    • I would like Masks to be a separate accessory from eyewear. Obviously you cannot wear a pair of glasses with a Bauta mask and that is fine. The simmer can adjust their styling accordingly.
    • I would like to set rings per finger and I would like more of them. We need more fun cocktail rings and more gothic rings. Wedding rings should be a default ring on the traditional ring finger unless other wise specified.
    • I would love it if Watches are subtlely different than other types of wrist wear in that Sims who are bored will check their watches when bored but only if they are wearing one.
    • I agree with the person who wanted to layer facial hair. I want to have a Goatee AND sideburns. Why cant I make big mutton chop sideburns and a rocking fu manchu?

You have some very good suggestions, I will update the main thread next week!
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »

I agree with almost everything but all hairs available would be weird. Imagine a toddler with a long female hair. They hair would've been longer than them, which would looks so weird. :dizzy:

:joy: The long hair is not that long, I think it would look really cute although fair point if it reached their ankles maybe .. but omg no that would be so cute haha
  • Options
    kittykat97kittykat97 Posts: 61 Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but there's an easier way to find CC you don't want anymore than just sorting through each file one by one. You'll need to download The Sims 4 Tray Importer, just google the name and it should be the first result.
    1. Create a new household with sims of the appropriate gender/frame/age for the CC you don't want, and make sure there's no CC in any of the Sims' outfits (including hair, tattoos, skin details, etc).
    2. Load them up with all of the CC you want to delete, then save it to your library.
    3. Open up The Sims 4 Tray Importer and choose that household.
    4. Click "CC" at the top. From here, you should be able to narrow down the list of CC in that family by Sim and CAS Part type.
    5. Right clicking on each item listing should show you a thumbnail and tell you the file name. If you left click, you can choose "Show containing folder ..." from the context menu and it'll open an Explorer window with that file highlighted.
    6. Delete the file. Voila!
    This is also very helpful for finding broken CC. I'm not sure how it interacts with custom swatches through the makeup color sliders. Either way, it's easier than sorting through every single file in Sims 4 Studio.
    Kat | 25 | they/them | KatJustice97 on the gallery (check CC enabled) | I have 3700+ hours logged in the Sims 4, well over half of it in CAS