Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Off The Grid Play

So I have a story I been wanting to play. I have three orphans. Two are brother and sister. The brother is a teen, Rory, and the sister is a child, Regean. She gets adopted by the Pancakes. The older brother runs away to stay close to his sister and he meets a girl and saves her from some trouble. His main focus is his little sister but the girl grows on him and reminds him of his little sister so he takes her with him to stay in his deceased grandparents old cottage. Its off the grid. Self sustainable. They pay the bills by selling oversized crops pretty much and they make ends meet that way. They have some chickens. A cricket farm which I've never used before. Blah blah. I really want to play this out and get more into the packs but this dang off the grid stuff is starting to bug.

First off im off the grid so why do i keep getting notifications about a surplus of power and then a minute later ive used said surplus? I have nothing on that uses power. However i do need power and having to keep buying windmills and such is expensive for a household with little means of income. So once I figured out the bio fuel from the crickets can be used to power a generator I buy a generator. I pour the bio fuel in and he automtically cuts it on. I have more than enough fuel right now yet the generator doesnt power the cottage. Its a generator. It should power it up no problem as long as I have fuel in it. Not to mention its super small. The stove and fridge are off because I turned the utitlity thing off when I had one of those "surplus" and all the lights are candles so I should be good to go but I'm not. Its driving me crazy.

Am I doing something wrong? I really really would like to stay off the grid but its hard when stuff its working how its supposed to. Push come to shove I just buy a bunch of windmills or I take the off the grid off. By the way this isnt my first off the grid house. I have three other off the grid saves that work fine although I never used the power generator for them. One of them is five member family with another on the way and I have no problems powering the 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house. Any suggestions? Am I not using the generator right?

Can someone test it out themselves? I am using the cottage pack stove and fridge. The utilities on it are off. I have a dryer in the house. A cheap tv and a radio. None of which comes on with the generator. I also was advicsed there might be a bug with certain fridges. That wasnt the case.

Origin ID: cherrylush
srLMvZf.gif

Comments