Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is My Wedding Stories playable after the patch?

I’ve been waiting to purchase, are weddings playable with the pack after the last update?
Never forgive, always forget.

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    This last patch barely touched the MWS pack, so it's not really in much different of a place as it was before the patch.
    For me, personally, with several mods the pack is great. Things work fine.
    But, If you have been waiting to purchase until after Maxis actually fix things, keep waiting.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Things changed for me not perfect but more is happening making it playable I am in the same save that was messed up so unless the bugs are something like couple specific or something else horrible cause you can't pinpoint it seems like it. I guess it would be up to people to check and see if they want to bother testing it.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,024 Member
    @Stormkeep What mods did you end up using to help fix MWS? I've tried a couple of things but am still seeing issues.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @lanlyn I'm using most of bienchen's mods pertaining to MWS and all but one of Zero's as well as ChippedSim's mod that lets pets be Flower Pals.

With those mods my weddings are better than the base game weddings ever were, because guests actually sit down and react to the ceremony, plus there's a lot more things I can include as part of the ceremony. That said, unplayed sims can be unpredictable...in all things and all places of the game. That's not unique to MWS. If you want 'the perfect' wedding....you're playing the wrong game.

The only other outstanding "issue" that I still experience is that the officiant, if you choose one, is pretty specific to what wedding traditions he will participate in and which ones he won't ... despite expecting that he would. Once you get the hang of what works when where and how, it's easier to pull off a very smooth wedding.

Again, pretty much the same as the rest of the game...you need to learn 'how' things work before you can control things in a way that make stuff go according to your plan.
    Another good example of that is cutting the cake. This works for me if I remove the wedding topper, but not if I don't. Which in my mind makes some sense anyway.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    So I've played through two weddings and only after the patch so I haven't personally experienced what it was like before.

For me it is still very glitchy. Walking down the aisle is kinda awkward because it's hard to get the sims to stand at the arch and the first time the sims exchanged their vows in the middle of the aisle. The 2nd time was better but I had to have the bride and groom walk down the aisle multiple times because the groom would not stand still. Then when they were exchanging vows, the officiant wasn't standing at the right spot.

When the guests gathered for the first dance they gathered at the stereo and didn't gather around the couple who were on the dance floor. Then the slow dance glitched out. I also tried out the bouquet toss and the guests gathered but the bride kept repeating the animation that was her calling the guests to gather but never threw the bouquet. Didn't get an option to throw it to a specific sim either.

And then I decided to give up but everyone was glitched out and I couldn't get them to gather for anything else. I think I ended the wedding after that. And I took videos and screenshots so I will make some bug reports too.

But there has actually been some changes since the last update. You can now choose which arch your guests will sit at if your venue has two of them. And I didn't see any other sims at the wedding venue other than the guests. There was only one sim but they might have been a wedding crasher. Also I was able to buy a wedding cake at the new stall. I think ppl have said they couldn't before.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Nope. I have no mods to fix it or make it better. After patch, just as buggy. I don't believe this was the patch intended on fixing the laundry list they mentioned. They said two were coming and one would be prior to MWS issues they're working on.

After this patch I invited no guests to the wedding. Didn't plan a wedding. I just had my family travel to the wedding venue in Tartosa with a home made cake. I thought just having their daughter there and saying quick vows would be easy. No. Random sims arrived and got in the way of everything. They ate the cake to a wedding I didn't invite them to and made dancing near impossible as well as standing in the aisle during vows. So... no.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @Stormkeep Thanks for the tips! I was using Carl's mod, and it helped but didn't clear up all the problems. And now, players are saying we shouldn't use mods that bring back the base game process as a choice because the patch has fixed that. So I removed Carl's mod since it included a base game wedding fix too.

I'll take another look at Bienchen's and Zero's solutions. I use several of both for other things, and they've always worked well for me. I'd used Carl's for MWS because it was a one-package_script solution. Nope, the fix just couldn't be that simple! 😕
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I used Carl's for a bit myself, to test it out, @lanlyn. Ultimately I was happier with Zero's + Bienchen's. Still not 'perfect' like I said, but pretty much work the same as everything else in the game where you are trying to herd cats. The sims being cats, so to speak.
  • Options
    @Stormkeep I've also learned to be content with lower expectations for sims--same as I have for humans! Flawed, sims and humans both, but still worth playing the game. 😉
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,676 Member
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    Nope. I have no mods to fix it or make it better. After patch, just as buggy. I don't believe this was the patch intended on fixing the laundry list they mentioned. They said two were coming and one would be prior to MWS issues they're working on.

After this patch I invited no guests to the wedding. Didn't plan a wedding. I just had my family travel to the wedding venue in Tartosa with a home made cake. I thought just having their daughter there and saying quick vows would be easy. No. Random sims arrived and got in the way of everything. They ate the cake to a wedding I didn't invite them to and made dancing near impossible as well as standing in the aisle during vows. So... no.

Can you no longer click unwanted NPC sims and choose "just leave!"?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    According to the patch notes sims are now supposed to show up with the proper clothes and colors you picked. Is this happening?
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    According to the patch notes sims are now supposed to show up with the proper clothes and colors you picked. Is this happening?

I didn't try with setting a dress code but they showed up in formal outfits for me.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I didn't try with setting a dress code but they showed up in formal outfits for me.

Awesome.
  • Options
    lifeofdaydreamslifeofdaydreams Posts: 44 Member
    I was looking for a post like this. Thank you, OP, for asking the question and to everyone who answered! I'm looking forward to buying this pack, but only after it's playable. If it's ever fixed, I'll love to get it, but not before they make some serious improvements. Thanks, guys! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Trying to fix the wedding process is so confusing! I spent a lot of time last night evaluating mods that cover different problems. I'm not sure what fixes I should add since the patch has supposedly addressed some issues. I don't want conflicts with what the update changed. :/ Any suggestions would be appreciated. Here's what I have installed.

Bienchen Mods
    --sit at weddings
    --walk aisle goal fix
    --wedding GPS social tweak
    --wedding party outfit fix removed until mod is updated for new patch
    --less spousal kiss failure
    --paired dancing tweak
    --less bored wedding reaction

Zero Mods
    --broadcasters tweaks
    --guests gathering and autonomy
    --throw bouquet fix

And I've been using Weebesu's Party Anywhere mod for quite a while and it works with MWS events.

I also installed RVSN's Cake A Break Buyable Cakes which protects cakes and keeps them fresh.
    "Buy a delicious, outstanding quality cake from the ‘Piece of Cake’ bakery! Purchased cakes are stored safe and sound in the pink box so your sims don’t go grabbing a slice before you have added the candles. All EA cakes & some CC cakes available for purchase."
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    You may not need the outfit fix mod anymore, as that was a fix mentioned in the patch notes. At the very least I recommend removing it until she has updated it for the this last patch.

Beyond that, the rest are good to go. They are the same ones that I use.
  • Options
    CrazyMotherCoolCrazyMotherCool Posts: 17 Member
    Things getting better with the patch. They show up with in formal outfits and you can select on which aisle the guest have to seat.
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    You may not need the outfit fix mod anymore, as that was a fix mentioned in the patch notes. At the very least I recommend removing it until she has updated it for the this last patch.
    Beyond that, the rest are good to go. They are the same ones that I use.
    @Stormkeep Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. I'll remove that one mod and see how it goes. 🙂
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Unless you want a new town, or some formal wear then I would wait.

I enjoy the town but an issue I have with the town itself is I couldn’t get my sims to the strip without going onto an empty beach house lot…

I’m waiting for the sims team to remake the pack like they did for spa day.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I just asked this question in a different thread. I should've kept looking through the forum. I was wo during the same thing because I really want this pack but only if it's playable.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited March 2022
    I saw that there were issues making the interaction for Wedding Stories work when it came out. I understand that there have been some fixes since.

Wondering what I might expect and if those who have it would recommend WeddingStories for my current Sims to get hitched…
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Hi @NRowe the short answer is yes. I'd wait for fixes to the bugs on the Laundry List if I were you, plus that worrying Save Code Error 0 bug that suddenly is affecting a lot more people.

Check answers.ea.com for current bug reports

I am also tracking MWS bugs in one place on this thread here https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/998021/bug-tracking-my-wedding-stories
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I would recommend it, if you are willing to use a few mods to fix the most broken aspects and if you don't particularly care about things going totally smoothly at a wedding. With the fix mods it is not in any worse of a place than any other group activities already in the game. And, arguably, weddings are in a better place with the pack...because the guests actually SIT THE ____ DOWN and watch the ceremony.
    I would not recommend it if you are not willing (or able) to use mods and you care about having things go very smoothly and always according to plan. (But arguably, I would not recommend The Sims 4 in the first place in that case...)

I expect some level of "herding cats" when I try to do things that involve unplayed Sims in the game, and I use mods, so I'm perfectly happy with the pack at this point. But I can see how someone else could be very, very frustrated with it.

The Save Code Error 0 bug is effecting people who haven't bought the pack, so I disagree with @mightysprite on having that be any factor in your decision.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,938 Member
    Im stille discovering Tartosa ... i really enjoy it and i betcha theres plenty of glitches, which they constantly work on... I had a few interrogations myself, its not a bug per say but well first i was wondering if the use of a boat, or floaters ingame will be available for folks that dont have Island Living ?

And also, whats up with this building
    building.png
    there is two choices here (for my engaged sim) get married or use bathroom... is there something i dont get here :neutral:

Obviously im not gonna test this out just yet, i went thru alot of trouble to plan the week long celebrations and parties and family gatherings, i thought Bach party was beach party the first time i read it so, i did 3 wedding already, none of them went as planned but i managed to put on a good show with lots toasts and speeches and the vows were completed so this next wedding im planning on the calendar spanning 3 weeks, with the reception after wedding and all that ! I love that you can customize events. I dont go for tea, but i successfully have had all the guests blow bubbles, and toasting and the couple feeding each other the cake its pretty awesome ! My advice if you plan on celebrating a wedding for sims you dont want to screw up make a save right before in case it goes south !
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    That is the City Hall building where you can have your sims go to if they just want to elope, @rongtudjuuu.
    It's a rabbit hole. If you pick the option to get married (during business hours) they will go inside, spend a little while inside, and then pop out, do a little celebration animation and be married. It also apparently has a public restroom that your sims can use. Which I thought was a cute touch.

It also has some bugs right now for some people where it simply doesn't work for eloping at all. I've read that the people who have the problem are particularly those who set their sims as "engaged" in CAS rather than proposing through gameplay.
    For me, the only problem with it is sometimes the option to "get married" is selectable even after it is closed for the day, but selecting it doesn't actually do anything. It works fine for me during the actual hours it is open though. I modded it to extend it's business hours in my game so that the bug I do have isn't an issue anymore.