Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has the new update to neighborhood stories added more depth to the game?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2022
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I wasn't aware it was enabled by default for townies and lost 4 carefully made over townies with special roles in merely 1 1/2 days. I disabled the feature afterwards, because that's just too much.

I'm scared to use it, so far all I've seen from other players is adoptions happening all over the place and everybody is dying. :D
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    It’s made an improvement but not much of one
    After playing it for a while now I think I'd change my poll vote to "It actually made the game worse" if that were an option. I'm getting repeated calls from the same sim asking if she should have a baby. Sometimes several times a day. Calls from friend sims asking if they should ask someone out my sim doesn't even know, Sims dropping like flies, Sims moving out of their homes into "Not in World", dozens of single female pregnant sims. I'll just stop there, but this really needed more extensive beta testing.
  • Options
    mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    Is anyone else experiencing an issue where you cannot configure nhood stories? I can click the icon, and it results in an audible fx sound, but nothing happens. I've both repaired my game and created brand new save files without success.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Have you tried it without mods installed @mauvejinjo. As a new interface element, it is gauranteed that there are some mods which are going to 'break' because of it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Have you tried it without mods installed @mauvejinjo. As a new interface element, it is gauranteed that there are some mods which are going to 'break' because of it.

Always the simplest of fixes. Thank you.
    I am curious as to which of my mods breaks it the most; I assumed it'd be MCC, but that wasn't it. Perhaps TOOL? I don't use many.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @mauvejinjo, have you updated tool (and UI Cheat extensions if you use that one). I know those two both had updates and were causing issues before the updates.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    It’s helping with what I need it to at the moment. I would like to see additional options such as get married, get divorced and attend university from home. I would also like a leave the nest option for YAs so they can go off and start their own families. I think that with a few more additions, I can be really happy with this feature.
  • Options
    aparkisonaparkison Posts: 135 Member
    I lost about 20 Townies to accidental deaths after doing some household management this evening and seeing who was missing. Still no one has adopted any pets in my game yet or children. I don't have those things turned on for too many households though.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I'm a rotational player with my own Sims. Pre made and townies weren't characters I considered to be much more than background filler. I really don't even know much about pre made sims.

I do now. While my sims aren't affected by the play as it's still disabled for them I've come to find out there are certain pre made sims that I did like and was bummed when they died. Other than this...it will only be a game changer for me when I kinda understand how often things happen and implement them on my own sims.

I have aging off so I'm really learning just how impactful death and birth/ adoptions take place before I feel comfy letting my rotation sims participate in neighborhood storylines and customize it to each family. I do really enjoy it and hope a few more such as engagement and divorce are added or even break ups. Overall I think it did add a new element that I'm still exploring/ learning
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Yes it has completely changed the dynamic of the game
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    I have aging off so I'm really learning just how impactful death and birth/ adoptions take place
    This can be an issue if you have very family orientated sims as if you leave them alone they will keep having babies but they dont age up so you then have to deal with multiple babies at once when you do play them!

I turn deaths off which seems to work but the move out option might be abit buggy as Ive had sims move when I told them not to (I keep taking Judith Ward home and she keeps escaping!!LOL and I have no mods to affect things).

Generally though my sims seem to be acting kinda like how I expect. Catarina Lynx now has 5 cats, Paka's Uha is now a diving instructor, Father Winter moved as close to the snow as possible in Mount Komerabi!
    The Heckings adopted a new dog called.....Laserwolf. I mean really?

Im enjoying the heck out of this addition. A more cynical person might say they had timed it just right after the dumpster fire that is Wedding Stories!

• Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @mauvejinjo, have you updated tool (and UI Cheat extensions if you use that one). I know those two both had updates and were causing issues before the updates.

It seems Tool was the culprit, and yet I've only recently downloaded it. I'll check for a new update. Thanks.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    No it hasn’t added any kind of depth
    I can appreciate that a lot of players wanted this and that it was well done and customizable.
    But it's not anything I ever wanted and it's something I don't like about ts3. So in my opinion it does nothing for my game in terms of depth.
    I'm happy to see a lot of players enjoying it though and would still like a newspaper of events.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Yes it has completely changed the dynamic of the game
    I have actually turned aging on for other households. I turned it off before because I disliked the way the other sims would just age and then die.
    I have downloaded families from the gallery and added them to my worlds and they are thriving and growing with the new update.
    I would like to see engagements, weddings and divorces in the future but for now I am really pleased with the update.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,021 Member
    edited March 2022
    I can’t vote as there’s no ‘Good improvement and more to be added’.

I don’t think it’s a dynamic game changer yet but it’s not a middle of the road improvement either. It’s between them for me.

Relationships need adding in the mix. Having the ability for friendships or enemies or love goings on with unplayed Sims could be interesting.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,145 Member
    I'm still observing the neighborhood stories in my DC-save. So far I can't tell if that is an improvement or not. After two sim weeks, I had not a single death notification from accidents, two extended (far relatives from the founders), but unplayed families have moved out, only a few pregnancies were announced, which is understandable, since a pregrancy last 6 sim days in my game. Maybe regarding the accidental death, I should check if the culling stop in mccc prevent the accidental deaths.