Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sacking a Sage

Sul sul, Simmers.

Z and I are trying something new today. We both like Morgyn Ember a lot, but neither Simeon nor L. Faba do much for us. We're thinking about replacing the latter two Sages with Sages of our own creation. We know that if we simply delete a Sage, the game will generate a new one.

If we have MCCC set to pull all the service Sims our game needs from our Gallery (baristas, mixologists, retail workers, maids, etc.) will MCCC also create a new Sage from our Gallery Sims? We're about to find out, with a throwaway save we're using to test out the new Neighborhood Stories gameplay.

We're also going to try this idea, which we found on the Forum today:
The trick I use with every save: Create a new household in CAS with your own Sage Sim. After that, go into manage households and merge the new household with one from the original Sages (for example: the Silversweater household) Now go into CAS and delete the original Sage from the household, so that only your Sage remains. The game will automatically replace the old Sage with your new one :)

Since I like sharing what Z and I discover with all of you, I'll report back after we either (1) succeed or (2) wreck a throwaway save. :)
Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
Yevsas mairzeemo!

Comments

• Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    We just discovered that MCCC will, indeed, recruit new Sages from our Gallery when we delete the originals.

nrTAKZd.jpg

This dude was tapped as the new Sage of Practical Magic. He's been hanging out in our Gallery since September. Z thinks she made him herself, but she might have uploaded him. The game aged him to an Elder, put a few pounds on him, and dressed him in Simeon's clothes. Gil looks none too happy with the transformation as he chats with an aspiring Spellcaster.
    v33EaqV.png

It chose Max Hawthorne, one of @SweetieWright_84 's creations, as our new Sage of Mischief Magic. Here's Max, practicing a spell in the basement of Magic HQ.
    QUVIkUw.png
    He looks much happier with his new gig than Gil did. His outfit is cooler, too, although Z would swap out the white shoes. We spotted Morgyn, who is still in his position as the Sage of Untamed Magic.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    Hmmm, interesting. Does this work only with MCCC? The unmodded game won't do the same?
  • Options
    Our second experiment didn't work like we thought it might. The new Spellcaster Sim we created and merged into the Silversweater household before we deleted Simeon wasn't picked to succeed him as the Sage of Practical Magic. Another Sim from our Gallery was chosen instead. Perhaps it was a case of operator error; we thought we followed the directions properly, but we might have messed up.

However, we could always edit the chosen Sim's name, features, etc. to create our new Sage.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Hmmm, interesting. Does this work only with MCCC? The unmodded game won't do the same?

@MilutinMujovic I believe an unmodded game will generate a random Sim to fill the role, the way it does when it needs a barista or a DJ. I suppose you could then edit the newly generated Sim to your heart's content.

I think you could probably edit L. Faba and Simeon Silversweater and skip the intermediate step, too.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    The unmodded game will replace sages automatically, yes. What you need MCCC for is having it replace them with sims that are in your gallery. Unmodded, the game will just randomly generate one.

You can also assign a specific sim to the role without MCCC, just by using the appropriate cheat codes. Explained in this post.

Also worth mentioning, you can actually have more than one sage of each type, so if you use that cheat code without removing the original you'll end up with 2 in your game.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    aparkisonaparkison Posts: 135 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    You can also assign a specific sim to the role without MCCC, just by using the appropriate cheat codes. Explained in this post.

This is how I created all my Townies. Since they don't age unless I let them, I've had the same Sims filling roles in my game for a very long time. It's nice to see familiar faces as my stall vendors, librarians, and so on.

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    It would be nice if there was a way to get the original in the trailer sages. They looked the part, Morgan & co. not so much.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    It would be nice if there was a way to get the original in the trailer sages. They looked the part, Morgan & co. not so much.

There is a way, it's called the Gallery. There are perfect representations of them available there.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Which means connecting to online, which means Origin will trash my game with years of unwanted patches/updates. My works reasonably well installation stops at DU, does NOT have Seasons, and I don't want to break it.