Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RV/Caravan home from home in all worlds...

foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 234 Member
Ok so please please forgive me if this has been discussed before (probably has a million times!!) but I had a sudden flash of an idea which is rare for me !! Watching on tv in the background whilst building on sims a programme about motorhomes and people who live in them, and I was thinking I wish we had the Sims 3 option of having a second home we could build another caravan in a lovely area. Then it hit me - build the caravan/RV/Motorhome of your dreams on a standard lot thats in every world, add all the families bits and pieces, kitchenware etc garden etc, save it and then place it in each world in a lot the same size. The easiest option is to mark the others as rentals - I know its a pain to have to pay to live in your home in other worlds but its the easiest way to do it - and then you can have the same home in every world as if you have transported it yourselves driving around ...was that rubbish or a flash of inspiration :D:D

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,392 Member
    foxybilly wrote: »
    Ok so please please forgive me if this has been discussed before (probably has a million times!!) but I had a sudden flash of an idea which is rare for me !! Watching on tv in the background whilst building on sims a programme about motorhomes and people who live in them, and I was thinking I wish we had the Sims 3 option of having a second home we could build another caravan in a lovely area. Then it hit me - build the caravan/RV/Motorhome of your dreams on a standard lot thats in every world, add all the families bits and pieces, kitchenware etc garden etc, save it and then place it in each world in a lot the same size. The easiest option is to mark the others as rentals - I know its a pain to have to pay to live in your home in other worlds but its the easiest way to do it - and then you can have the same home in every world as if you have transported it yourselves driving around ...was that rubbish or a flash of inspiration :D:D

I often send my sims to stay at other lots they don't own or rent. To not make it completely free, I get them to eat from the buffet table which costs 250 or hire a vendor of some kind which costs 100. The buffet table is great because they get to eat, don't need to cook, and it's like an all inclusive stay with room and food included in costs. Depending on how grand the location is, it could also be cheaper than a rental vacation.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Most of my sims carry tents and campfires so I can just spend the night wherever. I really love this idea though, but there's just not enough lots in the worlds where I'd want to dedicate one in each world to it. I also removed almost all of the lots that are "rentable" by default in most worlds even. I like even my Unplayed sims to have homes.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    There's the RV pack in Strangerville, so you could have a rentable RV there, but I don't think most worlds are suited to RV experience.
  • Options
    edited March 2022

@crocobaura I do too - but I just thought what about if they were those families that travel in RV's etc (I wish there was a home school option!) they would be travelling around and pitching up with all their stuff and more of a home from home

@Stormkeep fair enough thanks so much for saying its a good idea! :)
  • Options
    foxybilly wrote: »
    @crocobaura I do too - but I just thought what about if they were those families that travel in RV's etc (I wish there was a home school option!) they would be travelling around and pitching up with all their stuff and more of a home from home

@Stormkeep fair enough thanks so much for saying its a good idea! :)

If you want, you could make the RV lot a business lot, that way you only pay once when you buy and build on it and then whenever you want to travel to another world just move the lot there. But you'll need to redecorate the terrain to suit the new area. You don't need to open the business ever if you don't want to and just use the lot to live there.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,611 Member
    Gosh, I simply use the freerealestate on cheat.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Gosh, I simply use the freerealestate on cheat.

of course that is another way - I was thinking of a more basic way. I have been ill which is usual in my life for the last four months and this is the first post I have made in that time so thank you for replying :)