Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims/Logitech Collaboration (Winner Announced)

Comments

• Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited March 2022
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    That is nice, I love Logitech's products. They last forever.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2022

:lol: I do think its kinda funny that they're putting this gamer aesthetic image out there meanwhile im here having my gaming computer throwing motorcycle sounds at me for turning camera in build mode

Syncing lights is about the last thing on my mind atm

+ even if we really had to collab with logitech why not something more fun like sims themed designs throw some cowplants n stuff on those mouse n keyboards n headsets and whatever wouldn't that be more fun than just... lights
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I'm curious what it is! I have a lot of Logitech gear so i wonder if it's going to be compatible.

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2022
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    I'm curious what it is! I have a lot of Logitech gear so i wonder if it's going to be compatible.

You can read the blogpost here if you don’t have Twitter.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    filipomel wrote: »
    omg this is exactly what the community has been asking for since the launch of the game! Finally everyone can stop complaining about Sims 4 because our prayers have finally been answered! Sims is 4 finally a complete and fixed game!

:lol: I do think its kinda funny that they're putting this gamer aesthetic image out there meanwhile im here having my gaming computer throwing motorcycle sounds at me for turning camera in build mode

Syncing lights is about the last thing on my mind atm

+ even if we really had to collab with logitech why not something more fun like sims themed designs throw some cowplants n stuff on those mouse n keyboards n headsets and whatever wouldn't that be more fun than just... lights

It is gonna be sims themed with plumbobs
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    edited March 2022
    From the Logitech blog.

Whippna Choba Dog – The Sims and Logitech Light Up The Sims

Sul Sul! Are you a fan of The Sims™ and love playing the suite of games across console and mobile? If you are, then Logitech G has a special treat in store for you.

Logitech G and The Sims have teamed up to integrate Logitech G’s LIGHTSYNC advanced lighting technology directly into The Sims 4. If you have any LIGHTSYNC enabled Logitech G gaming gear, you will automatically be able to sync the lighting of your gear to match the moods of your Sims in game.

As soon as The Sims 4 boots up, the Logitech G’s LIGHTSYNC gaming gear comes to life with an animated experience of two end-to-end Plumbobs (the famous icon of The Sims) rotating around a central point. The green and white animation plays throughout all Loading Screens in The Sims 4 including Boot, Traveling between the many Worlds of The Sims 4 and more.

As the game progresses, Sims go through a wide range of emotions which are represented in-game using a color that represents that mood in what is called the Moodlet. During Live Mode, the LIGHTSYNC peripherals will change to the color that matches the in-game Moodlet. If you have multiple Sims in a household, when you select each Sim, the LIGHTSYNC adjusts to the mood of the currently highlighted member of the household.

But that’s not all! As you may know, throughout The Sims 4 there are a number of Hidden Lots, also known as Secret Worlds, which players can discover and explore. These Secret Worlds have their own special way of allowing the player to access the areas and experience new in-game adventures that were previously unknown.

Each secret world has a unique color palette to help build the atmosphere of the new world for the player. When a Sim enters these hidden lots, the LIGHTSYNC enabled peripherals take on a matching color theme to that of the new world the player finds themselves in.

To celebrate the updates made to transcend players’ in-game experience into real life, The Sims and Logitech will kick off The Sims x Logitech G Expression Challenge on Friday, March 11th, this contest is to see who can create the best color-themed mood board that expresses who you are using screenshots from The Sims 4. Whether you’re a monochromatic minimalist, a colorful Cowplant enthusiast, or both, we want to see who you are!

You must be at least 18 years old, have access to The Sims 4, and live in Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom or United States. Each contestant will be required to fill their mood board with original content and have a clearly identifiable color theme. Images of mod creations are welcome to be featured on the mood board but are not required.

The winner of the contest will receive a custom Logitech x The Sims 4 headset for the winner to keep and a second custom headset to be given to someone that inspires them. In addition, the winner will receive a keyboard and mouse from our Color Collection to enjoy Lightsync technology across all desktop peripherals.

Thanks and Let’s Play!

https://blog.logitech.com/2022/03/10/logitechg-the-sims/?utm_campaign=Logitech_G_Headsets_Logitech_G_G733_Wireless_Headset_Yes_Logitech_G_Photo_Partner_Post_non_communications&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_logitechg_global&utm_term=sf161902089&sf161902089=1
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    It is gonna be sims themed with plumbobs

oh... i see now :lol:
    its very... bright :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Well uh...it's something I guess. I never use lights on my devices, I always turn them off. Especially on headsets because I have no idea why they need lights...

The "hidden lot" feature seems a bit unnecessary because they have not added hidden lots for many years? Or does Mt.Komorebi count?

Experience the joy of discovering Sylvan Glade, a hidden lot that has existed since 2014.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    Not everyone has been playing since 2014. 🙂
  • Options
    Not everyone has been playing since 2014. 🙂

That is true, it's easy to forget that they do collaborations to bring in new, younger players as well.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I just hope all this extra lighting for gaming gear which I don't have does not slow down the game on my laptop.
    Besides, my country is apparently excluded from the challenge so there why should I bother about it.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    That kind of thing is already part of the game and it has an option to toggle it off in options (Game Options->Other->Enable Dynamic Lights), This promotion is just about new hardware that really takes the existing option to another level, @Atreya33, so you'll be fine.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    That kind of thing is already part of the game and it has an option to toggle it off in options (Game Options->Other->Enable Dynamic Lights), @Atreya33, so you'll be fine.

Oh, I had no idea there was a toggle for it in the options. Thanks for pointing it out. I will switch it off to see if it affects performance. Thank you.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Hmm, at the moment I don't have any logitec Equipment, but I used to have, I think it's a nice collaboration. I remember the old and very first G19 keyboard with this tiny screen, which was my favorite keyboard and I miss it, especially in games with no clocks. It was so convenient to have the clock on the keyboard, easy to see how late it already is or when farming in a mmorpg being able to read the title of a Song without switching the tabs. Sadly it was not accepted by most of the people and the design went into the void, the next generation had a port to the smartphone. Maybe I remember me wrong, but I'm not sure if I was able to read the needs of the sims there too, but it could be possible that this was a different game.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @Daravi, I feel like we got G19 support either late in TS3's lifespan or maybe at the start of TS4. I don't recall for sure though, I just also seem to remember it being a thing.

I haven't had the G19 in years though, as other than the convenience of the clock, I considered it useless. I don't look down at my keyboard...like ever...so information displayed there isn't particularly useful. I think that's the reason why it just didn't catch on. It was more gimmick than useful.
    I feel the same about this color changing stuff that's all the rage now though. But at least colored lights have a 'cool factor' too. :lol:
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited March 2022
    Imagine late night gaming in your teeny tiny little computer office with the door closed, all the lights are turned off. Your sim travels to Planet Sixam and your little dark office suddenly becomes engulfed in a deep dark purple lighting effect coming from your keyboard/mouse/headset....

or

Your newly wed sims just arrived at their honeymoon rental house on the romantic shores of Tartosa. The lights turned down low, radio tuned in to the romance channel. Your sims wink and blow each other kisses, one of them blushes and bats their eyelashes. *sigh* Suddenly your computer room is aflame in bright pink lighting as your simmies' mood gets a little... hotter. Love is in the air.....

Sounds pretty immersive, if you ask me. :)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I'm getting old @AncientMuse and playing video games in the dark is bad for your eyes, so it's not something I'd ever do.

I already have a color changing mouse, not for the sake of the color changing, but because it was very comfortable and durable, but I have the feature for TS4 turned off. You don't notice the color changing in a room that is lit unless you're looking almost directly at the mouse.

I would have enjoyed it when I was younger and my eyes were better though. Totally agree with you there about added immersion.

Edit: But now that you mention it, depending on how bright this new peripheral is....it wouldn't BE a dark room, hmm....
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    It's funny you guys mention the G19 keyboard. I had one for many many years (10+ years maybe?), never used any of the features, never bothered to look at the little screen thingy, never really noticed the changing lights on the keyboard (well lit office space), and found that the programs running in the background hogged too much RAM. So I literally just ditched it a few months ago and replaced it with a plain old ordinary $20 Microsoft keyboard. No lights, no bells, no whistles. Just simple, basic functionality.

But what are the odds that I would toss that keyboard (it still worked fine) right before we get this Sims feature? Pfft.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I'm getting old AncientMuse and playing video games in the dark is bad for your eyes, so it's not something I'd ever do.

I already have a color changing mouse, not for the sake of the color changing, but because it was very comfortable and durable, but I have the feature for TS4 turned off. You don't notice the color changing in a room that is lit unless you're looking almost directly at the mouse.

I would have enjoyed it when I was younger and my eyes were better though. Totally agree with you there about added immersion.

Edit: But now that you mention it, depending on how bright this new peripheral is....it wouldn't BE a dark room, hmm....

I have a G502 mouse and a G935 headset, but I have turned off the lights on them. The lights were fun for like 5 min, then I got tired of them. I bought them for the sound quality and the ergonomics, I love the G502.

Looking at the picture, the new headset looks like a modified G733, which looks like a really nice headset actually.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Do you have a larger head or an average/small one, @logion? I'm asking because I need a new headset but I have a really big head and most headsets range from uncomfortable to downright painful as a result.
    It makes getting a new one a real chore, as I can't just order online, I have to find a way to fit-test them, or at the very least find someone else with a kinda big head to give them a rec.

Total aside, but i can't buy hats just off-the-shelf either, mostly even the largest size doesn't fit. I have to have my cowboy hats custom made. >.<
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Do you have a larger head or an average/small one, @logion? I'm asking because I need a new headset but I have a really big head and most headsets range from uncomfortable to downright painful as a result.

Total aside, but i can't buy hats just off-the-shelf either, mostly even the largest size doesn't fit. I have to have my cowboy hats custom made. >.<

@Stormkeep My head is average/small, so I think you need to google for people who recommend headsets for larger heads, it feels like a lot of modern headsets these days are not as easily adjustable as they used to be, there is more plastic, strings and stuff that keeps them in place.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    @Stormkeep I look down quite often to the keyboard when I'm writing or chatting or playing, because I didn't grew up with these things or with videogames and I never learned the 10 finger writings. My first videogame I had with 15/16 years on an Win 95, 6 or 8 finger writing is possible and it annoys abysmal to correct words 5 times because I hit the wrong keys. Or better known in games alias as !!!"!SSSSS ... nooooooo :D
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Imagine late night gaming in your teeny tiny little computer office with the door closed, all the lights are turned off. Your sim travels to Planet Sixam and your little dark office suddenly becomes engulfed in a deep dark purple lighting effect coming from your keyboard/mouse/headset....

or

Your newly wed sims just arrived at their honeymoon rental house on the romantic shores of Tartosa. The lights turned down low, radio tuned in to the romance channel. Your sims wink and blow each other kisses, one of them blushes and bats their eyelashes. *sigh* Suddenly your computer room is aflame in bright pink lighting as your simmies' mood gets a little... hotter. Love is in the air.....

Sounds pretty immersive, if you ask me. :)

I have the plumbob lamp they sold with the basegame and the changing lights are quite distracting as they change quite rapidly. I expect these lights to be the same.